Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Nexein posted:

gently caress I miss outside-beers, it's...20 and windy outside today

sooooooon We'll be celebrating cuban sammich day before we know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
I cannot wait for it to warm up so I can actually have more than one cigar a week. It's too drat cold.

Or have more than one pipe a week. I went a little nuts with tax money, and uh, exploded my cellar something fierce.

Vrikkian fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 7, 2021

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Gramps posted:

What's the story with these? I almost bought em early on cause the packaging is loving awesome but I've shied away from them because I tend to avoid most budget stuff these days. Now I'm in love with AJ cigars and now I'm hearing those cheap lil dudes are actually good? You guys are gonna get me in trouble.

I've generally not had positive experiences with AJ cigars, whether they were the special General brand collaborations or his own. I'm really making sure that I give these the respect, attention, and care that I have for Lyon and others in giving it a try. I genuinely want to enjoy them, and I love this thread and posters very much!

They're a budget smoke, and I think from the basics it'll give me a good foundation to try enjoying other AJ pieces if I enjoy them.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

I've generally not had positive experiences with AJ cigars, whether they were the special General brand collaborations or his own. I'm really making sure that I give these the respect, attention, and care that I have for Lyon and others in giving it a try. I genuinely want to enjoy them, and I love this thread and posters very much!

They're a budget smoke, and I think from the basics it'll give me a good foundation to try enjoying other AJ pieces if I enjoy them.

Nexein and I did a little AJ tour last year. The Bellas Artes and the Bellas Artes Maduro I think ended up being our favorites of the core AJ line. The Enclave was very nice for a less expensive stick, and I absolutely love the Last Call. AJ also manufactures a ton of my other favorites like the Tabernacle and the Murcielago. If you like bolder flavors then Esteli is king, and I think AJ might be the king of Esteli. Hard to say. Competition is pretty stiff on that block.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Interesting! I've had a few Tabernacles I enjoy, so that's great. I had read a bunch of good things on the Last Call line, stretched my budget at the time to get a box, and didn't get a single good smoke out of it. I suppose a bum box is enough to turn anyone off, so this is great news!

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

I had read a bunch of good things on the Last Call line, stretched my budget at the time to get a box, and didn't get a single good smoke out of it. I suppose a bum box is enough to turn anyone off, so this is great news!

Whoa an entire bad box? Holy poo poo man. I'm a little over halfway through mine and they've all been really really good.

Honestly I've only ever had like 2-3 bad cigars that I bailed on. Had several with subpar draws or funky burns but actually tossing one is really really rare.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Just picked up a Mr. Heater big buddy to help warm the shop. Finally won a 5'er or RoS short Lanceros. Gonna try to celebrate with an LFD Ligero if the little one will go down without too much fuss

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Nexein and I crossin swords again. Crowned Heads Mil Dias courtesy of last month's Stogiebird shipment. Pretty drat good so far. Its another big flavor medium body stick in a similar vein to the Rose of Sharon and the Sobremesa. Lots going on here. Diggit.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
I'm actually being held captive here he's smoking two cigars to keep up the illusion send help

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Nexein posted:

I'm actually being held captive here he's smoking two cigars to keep up the illusion send help

next time it's gonna be a pair of 8x80 Ogres and you'll be here for 4 days

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
Don't threaten me with a good time.

On topic, the Mil Dias was pretty stinkin' good; I had my share of little knots and production issues but overall, it traveled the gamut from being woody and spicy, ramping up the creaminess until the last third or so was pretty reminiscent of horchata. Overall it was pretty solid and if mine was less of a dick most of the way through it would've been even better.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Yumyumyumyumyum

I just don't think My Father is going to disappoint me anytime soon. This is super good and I appreciate the recommendation. I'm looking forward to more of these out in the sunshine real soon.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

RASS 50 cabs are in stock at Cigar Terminal and I'm sweating! Too expensive to go for right now, so hopefully they'll be in stock for a bit or I'll get them in the next dump.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Oh man, me and the boys have been on a heavy degeneracy kick lately otherwise that would be really tempting. Got one final order consolidating on Wednesday and then I think it's time to chill for a little bit.

I smoked the Opulencia corona last night and it was absolutely perfect. Heavy floral and musk, with a nearly rock candy sweetness underneath it all. It's been a little bit since I've smoked one of the toros, but I think corona is even more strongly floral. If you like cigars that taste like fancy soap and grandmas I strongly recommend it. It was incredible.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!
It’s less of an investment if you split it (HINT HINT).

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ophidian posted:

It’s less of an investment if you split it (HINT HINT).

lol I hear ya, it's just hard for me to drop $10/stick this minute. I am taking aim at some less expensive Habanos this paycheck, though. Jose L Piedra Cazadores, H. Upmann Regalias, and Partagas Shorts are on the block. Debating swapping those last two for a cab of PLPCs, though.

E: if someone wanted to get some RASS, I could get in for a fiver at that price point tho.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
I just put feelers out for my favorite regular production cigar that’s been out of production for a while. Pray for me and my wallet.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ooh good luck!

I had also forgotten that we might actually get stimulus payments this month, so I might use a chunk of that on those RASS >_>

Discover or Citibank get the rest :v:

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
Someone just messaged me with a few from 2013. I have a feeling I’m going to end up paying around 300% markup each :(

zuffenphile
Aug 31, 2004
wo alles anfing!
hello again my fellow droogs.....

my apologies for the delay in reply as i have had major life change (job release due to covid) and now on the job search......Anyhooo

just received my latest haul...

I now find myself smoking a vintage Partagas series D No. 3 LE 2006 from a box i purchased in Prague while on vacation in 2008. so smooth.....

oh poo poo what the hell, my pictures are not posting....soon to come....

zuffenphile fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 9, 2021

zuffenphile
Aug 31, 2004
wo alles anfing!
maybe...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zuffenphile
Aug 31, 2004
wo alles anfing!
more...

zuffenphile
Aug 31, 2004
wo alles anfing!
more yet...

zuffenphile
Aug 31, 2004
wo alles anfing!
I am an idiot!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

:chanpop:

It's... Beautiful! And nobody's getting hurt and you're enjoying yourself. You might be an idiot, but not for these! 😹

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
5 posts for four pictures. What even is the edit button.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Ophidian posted:

5 posts for four pictures. What even is the edit button.

the man's got flair. quintuple post takes confidence and a sensibility most of us mere mortals lack. Kid's got moxie and I like it. Nice lookin sticks too

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Yeah, also those are attached images, so they'll still survive when Imgur inevitably dies. Beautiful haul!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Vrikkian posted:

I cannot wait for it to warm up so I can actually have more than one cigar a week. It's too drat cold.

Or have more than one pipe a week. I went a little nuts with tax money, and uh, exploded my cellar something fierce.

I don't smoke cigars in my house, but I do smoke my pipe. My wife loves the smell, and encourages me to do so. Life is good!

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Ladies and gentlegoons, My Father Le Bijou. That is all.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Having another Rocky Patel Connecticut Junior prematurely because why not?

Certainly still tasting green, but the creaminess is really starting to pop off. The foot smelled delightfully spiced, so I'm really excited for these to mature.

I'm gonna pick up a few more cabs, because these Connecticuts are going to be a real treat when they're ready and they're so fuckin cheap.

They're so cheap! It really makes me feel an awful lot better about my cigar consumption budget lately, because I've just not been in a pipe mood.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Finally got a warm day, enjoying a nice lonsdale Norteño. Its good to be back.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"

Gramps posted:

Ladies and gentlegoons, My Father Le Bijou. That is all.

:hmmyes:

ritorix posted:

Finally got a warm day, enjoying a nice lonsdale Norteño. Its good to be back.

Nice day squad; catch me smoking my second and thinking about a third

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I'm on 3 and am likely for a 4th today - you're in good company!

LbO corojo lancero over breakfast, RP Connecticut Junior, and Verocru No. VI.

Granted, two of those are 4"x40, so not like they're Churchills or Toros Gordos or anything.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
I had a grand robusto bijou, then a petite Corona charter oak maduro, and I'm on a short robusto AJ last call right now; the kicker is I'm in the middle of a fast and I'm realizing how not good of an idea this was

Something, something, Cigar Icarus

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Are those the Geniales Last Calls?

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"

NewFatMike posted:

I'd have to defer to Gramps; they're the shorties but I'm not sure about the ring gauge. Maduro though, not the habano

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
1400 dollars for a box of 2013 LGC MdO 2s. Guess I won’t be smoking any of those ever again lol.

E: I got a few from someone else but I sure miss them being about 14/ea

Ophidian fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 10, 2021

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

Nah even smaller. Chiquitas. 3.5"x50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I smoked a Plasencia Alma Fuerte and it was really good but probably not $20 good, at least not on the regular for me. I looked it up after and they talked about lots of cocoa which I didn't get at all but lots of leather and some spices. Smoked a Guardian of the Farm and it was once again very good.