Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Excelzior posted:

Andrew Cuomo is politically black

hes politically paulie walnuts asking for macaroni and gravy while everyone else at the table pretends to not speak english

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Coons was one of the biggest Trump enablers in the democratic caucus and won his race by more than either of his other elections. Voters don’t care.

There is no group of people in America less politically aware than those who vote in Dem primaries.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

2022 being such a poo poo show that a bunch of safe blue senate seats get flipped would be fuckin funny ngl

Actually, I've been told that the GOP is never ever going to take back either the House or the Senate, because Nobody Is Going To Remember This In The Midterms.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Main Paineframe posted:

I dunno, maybe you could go back and read that thread. USPol is not the place for your crusade against Western media.

back to killing commies i see.

free willa.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
lol at willas probe and the bad faith "well sounds like means-testing is good" poo poo uspol is doing when she pointed out that child credits don't do anything for the large number of people in poverty who don't have children and aren't helped by the lovely bill at all

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

lol at willas probe and the bad faith "well sounds like means-testing is good" poo poo uspol is doing when she pointed out that child credits don't do anything for the large number of people in poverty who don't have children and aren't helped by the lovely bill at all

just lmao at the libs going "it'll cut child poverty in HALF"

like okay why would you only settle for half. What is the utility of leaving the other half on the table?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
the cruelty is the point

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Buhgawd is that obamas theme music!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Uh look, incrementalism is the only way we can accomplish anything. Uhm. The Republicans will make any legislation for anything better impossible.

*democrats make anything better impossible *

Excuse me, it helps half of kids in poverty, we aren't you happier? Do you hate children?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Dolphin posted:

When more pictures arise of conditions like this:

Liberals are going to get online and say it's an emergency and it would be great if there were other options but Biden is doing his best given the extreme circumstances

I was just reading this article
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/03/politics/immigration-us-mexico-border-crisis/index.html

And it sounds like those "migrant overflow facilities" are themselves packed way beyond capacity so as bad as they were in the first place, there is zero possibility that conditions aren't absolutely horrific. I'm sure the reason we don't have more details is just because everything is totally fine, though.

Also I was reading the new guidance, and it doesn't actually stop family separations. Just says "please please use discretion when you separate families at the border."

If things aren't actually worse right now at the border than they were under Trump I would be loving astounded.

I ate a probe in USPol a couple months ago for saying the Dems are a pro-concentration camp party. You can see the offending post here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3925337&pagenumber=455&perpage=40#post508462617

Shocked pikachu face inc.

https://twitter.com/anoop_alc/status/1367924125671428097?s=20

It's just pure cognitive dissonance to protect liberals' brain meats from confronting that this is never, ever going to get better under the prevailing ideology and polity of the Democratic party and they're complicit in it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Uh look, incrementalism is the only way we can accomplish anything. Uhm. The Republicans will make any legislation for anything better impossible.

*democrats make anything better impossible *

Excuse me, it helps half of kids in poverty, we aren't you happier? Do you hate children?

listen this one time payout that will cease in a couple months has surely solved all america's problems ha ha ha *does an epic dab thumbs down on the vote to make things slightly less miserable* wow sounds like you all have a lot of growing up to do!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey CHIEF hey BUSTER have you considered that if everyday life isnt just a constant gradient of immiseration BUB then we get a cheeto in the got dang white house again CHAMP

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
You need to put on your big girl pants and accept that children in America are going to starve and putting immigrants in cages is the best we can do.

*peers over glasses*

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Look, if I had a magic wand, I'd make it so the other half of those kids didn't have to starve to death. But I don't have that magic wand, and it would take a lot of work to make those kids not starve. God clearly really wants them dead, and who am I to say otherwise?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

whats the story behind this did nearly losing the state to trump motivate nevada democrats to get their poo poo together

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Best I can do is 52% children not starving.

I mean yes I could have raised it to 52 at any time, the point is,

Why are you looking at me like that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolphin posted:

this is literally the argument of The Beast in Transmetropolitan but it somehow is germane to modern day democratic discourse

"if 51% of the people are eating a square meal ive done my job and anyone who says they can do better is a liar"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dolphin posted:

Look at this lefty who doesn't want any kids to not starve!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"i cut childhood poverty by 50% and anyone who says they could do better, jack? well, theyre a dog faced pony soldier"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dolphin posted:

it's literally that comic (I'm sure there's more than one) about centrists: one side wants no children to starve, the other side wants all children to starve, therefore the Democrats are the Adults in the Room by only starving exactly half the children

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1368756384817352705

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's more like the side the Democrats draw their economic resources from is giving them the vig on starving all kids, the other side wants to destroy the ability to starve kids, and thus the latter are violent immature baby rabble for disrupting our precious status quo but we're willing to deign to not starve a kid here and there to quell their whining.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Some Guy TT posted:

whats the story behind this did nearly losing the state to trump motivate nevada democrats to get their poo poo together

Look at this guy, thinking that winning a state with 50.06% isn't a historic landslide victory

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The one clear thing I've noticed rubbernecking the Other Thread for the last few weeks is that some people will just work backwards to justify anything a Democrat does as being correct with absolutely no internal vision of their own for what society ought to look like. Just a nebulously defined plodding of society in the "progressive" direction

This loyalty is only waived whenever a Dem does something they perceive as "bad optics" ie Cuomo or Sinema. Manchin gets a pass because he's Blue Dog Jesus

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

Bernie's campaign did a lot of outreach in NV and made a lot of solid ground which is why he won that primary handily. Sounds like they're still keeping it up there and thank god they weren't as blackpilled as we are.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zerilan posted:

There is no group of people in America less politically aware than those who vote in Dem primaries.

dems just change the numbers to whatever they want anyway so it's hard to tell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also lol that questioning the washington post is now forbidden in the bad place

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
do you want democracy to die?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stringent posted:

do you want democracy to die?

probated for arguing using ~emotion~ instead of flawless clockwork logic, which coincidentally happens to to be defined as whatever I agree with

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

was about to post this but y'up

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

what a loving take

or is this ironic not i don't know moviebobs

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Tzen posted:

what a loving take

or is this ironic not i don't know moviebobs

Moviebob is not ironic. He is simply saying what a good portion of coastal liberals believe inside.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shipon posted:

Moviebob is not ironic. He is simply saying what a good portion of coastal liberals believe inside.
loving gently caress

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

rip willa

probed again for posting while petulant

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Movie Bob/ matty ig collab

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So what's the time frame on cutting child poverty by half? I assume by the end of the year since most of these changes don't seem to be permanent. I'm sure the Washington Post will have a follow up on this since they seem pretty invested.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zerilan posted:

There is no group of people in America less politically aware than those who vote in Dem primaries. New Yorkers

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Eggplant Squire posted:

So what's the time frame on cutting child poverty by half? I assume by the end of the year since most of these changes don't seem to be permanent. I'm sure the Washington Post will have a follow up on this since they seem pretty invested.

Next year child poverty doubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Next year child poverty doubles.

Snopes.com "while child poverty doubled, dividing by half is very close to saying cutting by half so we determined this is mixed."

Even if tax credits and a one time rent payment are actually going to work out somehow saying straight up "this is going to solve 50% of child poverty" seems like an INCREDIBLY bold claim from the same newspaper that a year ago said Sanders was being misleading by saying that half a million people would be bankrupted due to medical bills when actually those bills would only be a contributing factor and some studies by conservative think tanks also say otherwise.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 12:39 on Mar 8, 2021