Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

This is how Nomura gets Yoko Taro to help him finish the next part of FF7 Remake.

FF7 Remake: Assimilation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I saw a leather jacket with 6 zippers and 2 belts and I wonder if I should give in and Nomurafy myself.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Good God who do I have to beat at squats and pull ups to get Yoko Taro and Platinum Games pulled in on FF7R development??

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SlimGoodbody posted:

Good God who do I have to beat at squats and pull ups to get Yoko Taro and Platinum Games pulled in on FF7R development??

10 billion, and at the end of it all you'll need to sacrifice all your gains to the gains demon so it will be like you never even did a single squat at all

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
What was Deepground even for? A backup army of weird super soldiers incase the ones Shinra already had ran amuck?

That ship sailed!

Twice!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Augus posted:

10 billion, and at the end of it all you'll need to sacrifice all your gains to the gains demon so it will be like you never even did a single squat at all

this is a lie! Yoko Taro would NEVER want an rear end to lose its power

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

What was Deepground even for? A backup army of weird super soldiers incase the ones Shinra already had ran amuck?

That ship sailed!

Twice!

Deepground actually was intended as a medical unit specifically for SOLDIERs. That is actually why they show up at the end of Crisis Core to take Genesis off there. However Shinra being Shinra they went "wait, we have a bunch of wounded SOLDIERs here, why don't we use them for EXTRA experiments?" And things got pretty Battle Royale down there when Shinra went to poo poo and Hojo uploaded himself to the internet or whatever the gently caress it is he did.

A little known fact is that Dirge of Cerberus actually had a multiplayer mode in the Japanese version, with its own self-contained storyline that basically chronicled what happened with the player's created avatar. It's one of the things they cut from the US release when making changes.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

A little known fact is that Dirge of Cerberus actually had a multiplayer mode in the Japanese version, with its own self-contained storyline that basically chronicled what happened with the player's created avatar. It's one of the things they cut from the US release when making changes.

Huh, I never heard of this

A Metal Gear Online style game set in the FF7 world could be kinda rad

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RareAcumen posted:

This is how Nomura gets Yoko Taro to help him finish the next part of FF7 Remake.

He should just do what Naoki Yoshida did to get him to do a crossover with FFXIV: Invite him over for dinner and get him very drunk.

quote:

“Simply put, I personally wanted to do something with Saito-san and Yoko-san so I invited them for dinner without any sort of context,” said Yoshida. “We went and ate some delicious steak and, after opening about two bottles of red and white wine each, I decided to ask, ‘Would you like to work on something with me?’ I pretty much bribed them to do it!”

“We were very drunk at the time, so I don’t have any recollection of what happened,” joked Taro. “I did feel like we were being conned,” adds Saito.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

He should just do what Naoki Yoshida did to get him to do a crossover with FFXIV: Invite him over for dinner and get him very drunk.

Despite being then only person working on FF7, Nomura isn't allowed to leave.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

That's just Japanese Business 101

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moola posted:

Huh, I never heard of this

A Metal Gear Online style game set in the FF7 world could be kinda rad

I think I managed to play it like... twice? I only had a PS2 adapter ironically for Metal Gear. It was pretty forgettable. It's mostly noteworthy because some of DoC's bigger problems (especially in the Japanese release which was much worse than the English version) come from the fact it was designed around the multiplayer mode's gameplay.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Zack's 'power level' is probably the hardest to lock down because he's a weird outlier. He is a dude who got to SOLDIER 1st class despite not being some hellish genetic monster and was shown to be more than capable of handling poo poo solo that even the FFVII team needed to work together on. He lost to Sephiroth but pretty much everyone did one-on-one until endgame/AC Cloud. He's somehow both one of the strongest dudes in the world and also on the bottom rung of strongest dudes in the world.

The Dan Hibiki of SOLDIER, and now that I think of it, Dan would fit in SOLDIER perfectly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's been nearly a year and I still can't get over the Wall Market theme.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

stev posted:

It's been nearly a year and I still can't get over the Wall Market theme.

The new one or old one? Because the new one belongs in a trash can.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish Wall Market had a plate just so we could drop it on top of it. gently caress Wall Market.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Given how things have been going with Platinum at the moment I dunno if Square's chomping at the bit to work with them. Would not be surprised to see Nier 3 be entirely inhouse.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

What's up with Platinum? I will admit that all I know about them is that they made Nier: Automata, which is one of my favorite games. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SlimGoodbody posted:

What's up with Platinum? I will admit that all I know about them is that they made Nier: Automata, which is one of my favorite games. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

I'm actually going to take back what I said about Square Enix not wanting to work with Platinum since they are apparently working with them on Babylon's Fall

Remember Babylon's Fall? Yeah that's part of the problem.

Platinum has three games currently in development, none of which have been seen since their announcement. One of which, Bayonetta 3, was announced in 2017. The Wonderful 101 re-release that just came out didn't even chart in Japan. Their last original project to actually come out was Astral Chain, which was pretty divisive, and their big get of working on the Granblue action RPG ended up with Cygames taking it back from them to finish it themselves ala S-E taking FF7R away from Cyberconnect2. On top of that there's been high-level departures in the last couple of years and rumors of shady bullshit that lead to Microsoft ending their partnership and canceling Hideki Kamiya's game Scalebound a few years back.

So, yeah. Platinum could be doing better.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 7, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Was Astral Chain decisive? Most people seemed to really dig it outside of the environment design of the dark world or whatever it was called.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

stev posted:

Was Astral Chain decisive? Most people seemed to really dig it outside of the environment design of the dark world or whatever it was called.

I remember people not liking the out-of-combat stuff very much but granted that might just be my social circle

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Blockhouse posted:

I remember people not liking the out-of-combat stuff very much but granted that might just be my social circle

The only friend I know who's played it said he loved the game a lot and won't stop telling me to play it every time we remember it exists. Honestly I think the only thing against the game (to me) is that I can just never remember Platinum even made this game. Maybe it came out during a busy period of time for switch games or something.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Playing through again with Japanese voices this time and, was the game significantly patched after release? I swear there are QoL things that I don't even remember existing before

Crazy to me that anyone complained about Roche, or missing the point of his character, that being a SOLDIER messes you up and basically turns you into a junkie for adrenaline/action

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Roche is basically the Action Man from Venture Bros in all the flashbacks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I fully believe that Roche was like this before SOLDIER.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Where's my Roche spinoff mobile game SE

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Blockhouse posted:

I'm actually going to take back what I said about Square Enix not wanting to work with Platinum since they are apparently working with them on Babylon's Fall

Remember Babylon's Fall? Yeah that's part of the problem.

Platinum has three games currently in development, none of which have been seen since their announcement. One of which, Bayonetta 3, was announced in 2017. The Wonderful 101 re-release that just came out didn't even chart in Japan. Their last original project to actually come out was Astral Chain, which was pretty divisive, and their big get of working on the Granblue action RPG ended up with Cygames taking it back from them to finish it themselves ala S-E taking FF7R away from Cyberconnect2. On top of that there's been high-level departures in the last couple of years and rumors of shady bullshit that lead to Microsoft ending their partnership and canceling Hideki Kamiya's game Scalebound a few years back.

So, yeah. Platinum could be doing better.

They weren't pulled off of the Granblue Fantasy RPG, they finished their contract work and that was that.

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Don't come to me asking for solutions I only have ideas!

I guess this is a good one to start with at least, they're calling the account FF7 Remake so that must be the main one to talk to.

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii

Someone somewhere had the idea of Yuffie stealing the materia and Wutai casting materia and uh-oh

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1365685874151809025

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Where's my Roche spinoff mobile game SE

Just wait, Roche has been added to every episode of FF7: Ever Crisis

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gob confirmed for FFR2?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They should add Tifa to Mortal Kombat. Her fatality would be punching people in warp speed until they explode.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Marmaduke! posted:

Gob confirmed for FFR2?

It’s a standard command attack, Cloud.

A limit break is something Roche does when he’s horny.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Jealous Cow posted:

It’s a standard command attack, Cloud.

A limit break is something Roche does when he’s horny.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

They should add Tifa to Mortal Kombat. Her fatality would be punching people in warp speed until they explode.

No, I couldn't bear to see her ribcage pulled out and stuffed full of dynamite by a demon wizard, she's too good for that world

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You'll get over that feeling real quick if her moves are annoying enough.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
There really should have been a combat sim mission where you fight yourselves

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Simone Magus posted:

Playing through again with Japanese voices this time and, was the game significantly patched after release? I swear there are QoL things that I don't even remember existing before

Crazy to me that anyone complained about Roche, or missing the point of his character, that being a SOLDIER messes you up and basically turns you into a junkie for adrenaline/action

I don't think the game has been patched at all.

Wow the PS9!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

OhFunny posted:

I don't think the game has been patched at all.

There was a single patch around the time the PS5 came out that didn't seem to actually do anything, so I'm guessing all that was was PS5 compatibility fixes. But otherwise, yeah, no patches at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buy a PS5 if you want patches lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In an age of constant updates and day one hot fixes, one game (on one platform) stands alone.