Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Steakandchips posted:

I'd rather ride that than an Orange County Chopper.

I think I have to agree, even though it is absolutely hideous, it looks like a lot better bike than all of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Oh agreed, it's garbage, but at least it's not actively looking for ways to immediately kill you with spikes, Iron Crosses, no suspension and a 70degree rake like an OCC POS would be.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Steakandchips posted:

Same, but I also wonder how that wheel/tire combo would handle even the tiniest of bumps.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Steakandchips posted:

For a larf I went to check out their website. I haven't seen any of their hideous work in more than a decade but it's all vividly coming back, especially all the terrible corporate customer bikes commissioned for the likes of Geico, Lance Armstrong, and Snap-On tools. But lmao especially at this:

Gunny Got Divorced

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When it’s cold in the morning and you have to let your Harley warm up

https://i.imgur.com/z9VmQST.mp4

Sound on, obviously

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Gorson posted:

Same, but I also wonder how that wheel/tire combo would handle even the tiniest of bumps.

It is mostly a stock sportster with big wheels on it. So probably like that but a bit rougher.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm passing though Daytona Bike Week on the way to Key West. This is Main St yesterday. Not a single mask in sight, because Florida.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VEYvYq7xE6tuPVKH6

You may need to log into your Gmail to watch it, not sure.

I have some cool and not so cool bike pictures, will share soon

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Nitrox posted:

I'm passing though Daytona Bike Week on the way to Key West. This is Main St yesterday. Not a single mask in sight, because Florida.

hosed up.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Nitrox posted:

Stay Home. Save Lives.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nitrox posted:

1) It warms my frigid heart to see the Chinese Amazon laminar lip in active use on a bike that’s not my Goldwing.

2) Florida is chud central ground zero, so yeah, no masks is the order of the day.

Basically you’re in for this:

https://youtu.be/UK2FBEpmlUo

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Let me tell you all about "trump was robbed" flags everywhere. Hotels and corporate businesses are following safety protocols, but private places are in open defiance. We're not staying here, just passing through.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Nitrox posted:

Let me tell you all about "trump was robbed" flags everywhere. Hotels and corporate businesses are following safety protocols, but private places are in open defiance. We're not staying here, just passing through.

Sanitise everything and keep your mask up while passing through.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
From the PYF "Weird Fanart" thread

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Nitrox posted:

This reads out of a dystopian sci fi movie where society has collapsed in certain parts of the country and roving bands of defiant people fill the streets en mass.

"We try to avoid the Florida zone ... It's a rough place"

Then again I've treated florida like that anyway the last few years so ...

Verman fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 10, 2021

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I love it re: Yamaha pic

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Verman posted:

This reads out of a dystopian sci fi movie where society has collapsed in certain parts of the country and roving bands of defiant people fill the streets en mass.

"We try to go go to the Florida zone ... It's a rough place"

Then again I've treated florida like that anyway the last few years so ...

I wonder how this will compare to the Sturgis motorcycle rally. some future scientist is going to have a field day studying these events.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Steakandchips posted:

Sanitise everything and keep your mask up while passing through.

Of course. But also I've had my vaccine shots, recent negative test and have a low opinion of covid deniers. They are welcome to kill themselves in mass numbers for all I care.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Nitrox posted:

have a low opinion of covid deniers. They are welcome to kill themselves in mass numbers for all I care.

:emptyquote:

My experience in traveling so far out west is that as soon as you get off the coast it basically is Florida on crack. Deniers, chuds, and lovely loving people everywhere.

I might as well move back to the SFbay rather than buy a shitload of acreage anywhere rural where its dry and hot. gently caress this.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Parts beast acquired, 82 127k miles runs but brakes are locked up (hence the hanging calipers), $450 with title.

Pulled the carbs and cleaned them, they were dirty as hell on the outside but clean inside and are not leaking. These are going on the better bike:

The washed out Native American symbolism and 1 wolf moon stickers are going but this one stays :911:

Parts bike has all the accessories my 83 is missing, like the cool digital radio. I turned it on and no lie the fart rock classic "Working for the Weekend" was playing on the station.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

but FREEDOM ISN'T FREE for IT'S WORTH FIGHTING

Also: Honda factory calibrated dad rock.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

Parts bike has all the accessories my 83 is missing, like the cool digital radio. I turned it on and no lie the fart rock classic "Working for the Weekend" was playing on the station.

This is glorious. I love that this subforum is slowly converting to the subforum of goldwings

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

If any vehicle anywhere is going to have a literal Switch Into Glide, it'd be a Goldwing

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

cursedshitbox posted:

This is glorious. I love that this subforum is slowly converting to the subforum of goldwings

It belongs in a museumLANDFILL! :argh:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

It belongs in a museumLANDFILL!my shed :argh:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
gold wings rule, anyone who disagrees is a zoomer

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:whitewater:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Goldwings rule. As a :airquote: millennial :airquote: I have a deep loathing for the oldwings. Even as a kid I thought they looked like dogshit, while I couldn't get enough of the 250 helix. I actually think the helix was when I first thought about a bike as a practical vehicle. The cool neighbor with all the motorcycles was taking his helix out, and I asked him about it, and he was saying how great it was for errands and such. I think I was 7, and that red maxi scoot obviously made an impression on me.

Mechanically and technically they are all good bieks, of course.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Gold wings are dumb they don’t even have subwoofers

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Honda’s big scoots rule unconditionally and while I traded my elite 250 to enter the world of Goldwing dadbikes and that was ultimately a win, I’m conflicted about no longer having a mega scoot to tootle on

In summary:

FREEDOM ISNT FREE BUT FOR ITS WORTH FARTING

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

Goldwings rule. As a :airquote: millennial :airquote: I have a deep loathing for the oldwings. Even as a kid I thought they looked like dogshit, while I couldn't get enough of the 250 helix. I actually think the helix was when I first thought about a bike as a practical vehicle. The cool neighbor with all the motorcycles was taking his helix out, and I asked him about it, and he was saying how great it was for errands and such. I think I was 7, and that red maxi scoot obviously made an impression on me.

Mechanically and technically they are all good bieks, of course.

Also being a :airquote: millenial :airquote: I think my very own Goldwing kind of looks like poo poo. It’s colored like baby diarrhea and is undeniably dorky but it’s also no joke one of the best bikes I’ve ever ridden, new or old.

It’s so drat good. Peak 80’s Honda at their absolute best. Once I’m on it I completely overlook all the aesthetics

When it’s sitting in my garage I think about how I should/could paint it but I never do.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 11, 2021

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I really want to test ride an old one and a new one side by side now.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also being a :airquote: millenial :airquote: I think my very own Goldwing kind of looks like poo poo. It’s colored like baby diarrhea and is undeniably dorky but it’s also no joke one of the best bikes I’ve ever ridden, new or old.

It’s so drat good. Peak 80’s Honda at their absolute best. Once I’m on it I completely overlook all the aesthetics

When it’s sitting in my garage I think about how I should/could paint it but I never do.

The aesthetics are pure early 80's excess straight from the factory; lots of chrome, gold eagles everywhere, some very odd Aztec-like shapes/symbols , pinstriping, metallic flake paint, puffy seats. It's a 70's supper club in bike form. They're not pretty but if you're from that era the nostalgia of it does add points.

However the best part about them is the primitive tech that actually works to this day. Digital displays, self cancelling signals, anti-dive, 4 cylinder water cooled motor that is powerful enough yet smooth on the highway and goes forever. There are modern bike companies that still can't get this stuff right. It's also incredibly easy to work on and the layout of everything just makes sense.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Truth. Harley still can't get self-cancelling done right and I loathe it and wish I could easily turn it off.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For real. My 1985 has auto cancelling signals, speed sensitive volume control, air ride suspension, a trip computer, a digital dash, a gear indicator, adjustable headlight (from the seat while on the move), an integrated intercom system, remote controls for the radio/cb, antidive forks, a built in accessory power lead, adjustable drivers seat, an onboard pump with a schrader valve to air up your own tires.

All of it works flawlessly. When I fired it up after sitting since October, the suspension was still at the same pressure as it was when I parked it (the temp gauge pulls double duty and reads out the front and rear pressure when you press a button). The self cancelling turn signals work so well I forget to cancel them on my SV. The speed sensitive volume works just like it does in a brand new car. The antidive forks still work and really make a difference

This was all in 1985! In 1985 you couldn’t get all these features in a car unless you went deep into luxury car territory.

They really are wildly advanced bikes.

The ugliest space ships.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
I need an oldwing so that I have something to play my twenty-five-year-old mix tapes on.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Greg12 posted:

I need an oldwing so that I have something to play my twenty-five-year-old mixstretched-out dub of the Mortal Kombat soundtrack with a 10 second blank in the Reptile fight song where my brother paused the CD and Led Zeppelin 4 with the songs in the wrong order tapes on.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Haha holy poo poo I had a childhood mate who seriously did run around with a poorly dubbed tape of the MK soundtrack.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I used to listen to the mortal kombat tape on my Walkman in my fanny pack while I rollerbladed as a kid

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Steakandchips posted:

Truth. Harley still can't get self-cancelling done right and I loathe it and wish I could easily turn it off.

Pssh. Self canceling signals. If you're not stabbing at your turn signal button 15 times after completing a turn, why are you even riding?

I'd have a hard enough time wrapping my pea brain around Harley's separate signal buttons for each hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

Pssh. Self canceling signals. If you're not stabbing at your turn signal button 15 times after completing a turn, why are you even riding?

I'd have a hard enough time wrapping my pea brain around Harley's separate signal buttons for each hand.

At least harley's two button system is intuitive after the first use. Bmw's three button system was dreamt up by a methed-out nazi, I'm certain of it.