Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
suburban dad here, getting my lawn aerated soon, found a coupon, getting my neighbors lawn done too.

he is paying me in beer, life is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hey can I borrow your rototiller?

Uhhhhhh maybe next weekend. Like I always say, you never know

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Am I an honorary dad? I have seven bass guitars, but I live in a city.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Play posted:

Uhhhhhh maybe next weekend. Like I always say, you never know

Yeah sure no problem. I’ll keep asking every week.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

If you count, so do I. Seven is the correct number of basses to own. Looking at moving to the suburbs this year.

I refuse to refer to the cats as kids or furkids or whatever, though.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

bossy lady posted:

Am I an honorary dad? I have seven bass guitars, but I live in a city.

You're close but you are still a filthy city slicker. Once you start whining about property taxes though you can get an internship.

Gorgar posted:

If you count, so do I. Seven is the correct number of basses to own. Looking at moving to the suburbs this year.

I refuse to refer to the cats as kids or furkids or whatever, though.

We can get you into an associates program but you can't be one of us til you post a picture of your yard and BBQ in the suburbs

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
In fact all Suburban Dads are required to post their BBQ set up and I will update the OP with verfied Sub Dads.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

And put MY precious barbecue equipment on the internet for local thieves to case?? I think NOT

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Play posted:

And put MY precious barbecue equipment on the internet for local thieves to case?? I think NOT

This response has very B.S.D.E

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Gets excited to roll out an absolutely massive air compressor to occasionally air up a tire. Hold on a second, better get my ear plugs and get this baby started.

Just lol if your compressor isn't big enough that it's bolted to the floor.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Derpies posted:

You're close but you are still a filthy city slicker. Once you start whining about property taxes though you can get an internship.

We can get you into an associates program but you can't be one of us til you post a picture of your yard and BBQ in the suburbs

Any leeway for also having a few Strats, a 335, and a couple silverface Fender amps? Flying Vs counted, but mine aren't white.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Pondex posted:

1000% too much style.

The correct answer is sunburst P-bass, tortoise-shell pickguard. Cargo-shorts for bonus-points.

dadburst

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Gorgar posted:

Any leeway for also having a few Strats, a 335, and a couple silverface Fender amps? Flying Vs counted, but mine aren't white.

We can maybe pass on a few credits to your suburban dad training courses and you won't have to take "Dad Rock 101" if you can show me how many captain beefheart albums you own in vinyl.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna go to a bar with my friends and tell stories that involve a lot of old-timey racial slurs despite being like 30.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Gentle Autist posted:

i’m a cool dad who is really into coffee, snowboarding, mountain biking, and electronic music

i have girls with old lady names like maggie or enid

i travel a lot for my marketing/sales/mgmt job and have status with the airlines

i regularly go on boys weekends to expensive hotels/restaurants and get boozed up and play golf or ski or whatever and almost cheat on my wife

This is the enemy of all SA suburban dads, and I bet he owns an extremely expensive electronic "smoker" as well.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I don't have any real life friends that play video games besides my kids, and they only want to play Roblox.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lookin pretty fresh in my khaki shorts, pastel blue polo shirt and white crocs. They're more comfortable than you think and yes my orthopedic inserts DO fit inside!!

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I'm not gonna lie I got a pair of crocs flip flops and they are very comfortable.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Of course, every now and then I bust out my concert tee from Oasis' incredible 1996 tour. But only if I'm feeling frisky

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've been wearing crocs for about 95% of my waking hours for the past year and I'm not sure I can go back to the before times.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I went to high school with the heir to the crocs empire. He was pretty messed up even by my high school's standards. He once stole a friend's laptop when I invited him over someplace (I didn't realize how far gone he was at that point). When we used find my device we found out where he was, went there, I punched him in the face and took the laptop and later we found a video on it of him naked with his dick tucked singing shania twain into the webcam.

Just because we're suburban dads doesn't mean we didn't get a little wild back in the old days, believe you me! *laughs obnoxiously*

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
we might be squares now, but when we were kids... oh man

*thinks of the only time he took ecstasy and made out with 2 girls in one night*

yeah... we were bad

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Shout out to all my fellow former candy kid raver dads.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

This response has very B.S.D.E

Yeah I think we can waive the photo requirement just this once.

I’ll post my setup tomorrow, supposed to be almost 60 degrees, good grillin weather.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah I think we can waive the photo requirement just this once.

I’ll post my setup tomorrow, supposed to be almost 60 degrees, good grillin weather.

:pervert:

Cant wait to see that grill

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Just ordered new cargo shorts off Amazon. Won't do yard work without them.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Bonzo posted:

Did you get the reinforced knees and crotch segments? Gotta be ready at all times for extreme suburban dad poo poo.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Welp, almost Spring. Guess it's time to start obsessing over the lawn to an unhealthy degree. loving Kevin next door better take care of his creeping charlie this year or so help me I will not invite him to the Smugworth Family Annual Backyard Ribfest

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bonzo posted:

Hell yeah. Make sure you don’t repair the guard flap on the back of your lawnmower so you really get those good pebble scratches on your knees.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
gently caress I just bought a bass last week. I feel so owned by this thread. At least I don't wear shoes because I've worked from home so long I don't know what the real world looks like.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I WEAR TABI SOCKS WITH MY SANDALS. I BOUGHT THEM BACK IN JAPAN TEN YEARS AGO WHEN MY LIFE MEANT SOMETHING AND FELT REAL NOT LIKE NOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

my kid is cute tho

even if he watches morphle

gently caress morphle

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Mowing lawns is for goyum

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

SubjectVerbObject posted:

gently caress I just bought a bass last week. I feel so owned by this thread. At least I don't wear shoes because I've worked from home so long I don't know what the real world looks like.

post the bass

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

withak posted:

I've been wearing crocs for about 95% of my waking hours for the past year and I'm not sure I can go back to the before times.

The solution is simple pal, I own two pairs, one with holes for casual wear and a black holeless pair for formal wear.

Derpies I feel like your poll has no options for an anti-anime rural dweller like myself, and before you suggest the last option I could tug you off with both hands tied behind my back.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Weka posted:

The solution is simple pal, I own two pairs, one with holes for casual wear and a black holeless pair for formal wear.

Derpies I feel like your poll has no options for an anti-anime rural dweller like myself, and before you suggest the last option I could tug you off with both hands tied behind my back.

Look if you're not within ten miles of a Panera bread I just don't even know what you people enjoy or do. I'll watch some Netflix documentaries and try and do better next time.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hell yeah. Make sure you don’t repair the guard flap on the back of your lawnmower so you really get those good pebble scratches on your knees.

Its ok, I ordered knee high tube socks too

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I spent the last two nights playing Tank Mechanic Simulator. I've been cleaning rust and sandblasting old tanks I dug out of the mud.

Don't really care that it's pointless, it's just kinda zen.

I have a soldering project I'm putting off on my guitar amp. Never did desoldering or worked on real PCBs, just installed some guitar pickups. Gotta find something broken and go to town on it for practice.

It's me, the workshop dad.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

skooma512 posted:

I spent the last two nights playing Tank Mechanic Simulator. I've been cleaning rust and sandblasting old tanks I dug out of the mud.

Don't really care that it's pointless, it's just kinda zen.

I have a soldering project I'm putting off on my guitar amp. Never did desoldering or worked on real PCBs, just installed some guitar pickups. Gotta find something broken and go to town on it for practice.

It's me, the workshop dad.

Get a solder sucker and tin those tips.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Just checking the oil in the wife's car, whistling the peppa pig themesong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Just checking the oil in the wife's car, whistling the peppa pig themesong.

Can we take a moment to pour out one of our homebrews we swear we are gonna make this week to the ultimate suburban dad, Daddy Pig.

Our Hero, Our Savior, Our Charlemagne