Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Crab Dad posted:

Oh I thought you just got a free kid to eat if needed.

Don't give the gop any ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm a huge advocate for universal Free Breakfast/Lunch at the minimum. I was one of those kids more than once who knew their only food was coming from that cafeteria.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Vote timing:

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1369658136353718274?s=19

gently caress it, delay it to primetime so all the networks cover it. MTG will have owned the libs so hard.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://youtu.be/uDo0YoWiqlU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm a huge advocate for universal Free Breakfast/Lunch at the minimum. I was one of those kids more than once who knew their only food was coming from that cafeteria.

I would like to figure out how much money in taxes this would cost the average American worker, and then ask if they would they be willing to work that much more to make sure kids can eat every day.

This is a good "is this a person worth listening?" dividing line.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Sacrist65 posted:

I would like to figure out how much money in taxes this would cost the average American worker, and then ask if they would they be willing to work that much more to make sure kids can eat every day.

This is a good "is this a person worth listening?" dividing line.

The thing is, it's loving zero. There is absolutely the money and resources to do it already available

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Free lunches kept me from eating bread with some margarine for lunch or a more than I already did as a staple food at home.

Also learned you can eat a bulk purchased Tina’s Burrito cold if you just nuke it before school and leave it in a paper bag all day.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

bulletsponge13 posted:

The thing is, it's loving zero. There is absolutely the money and resources to do it already available

The resources and money come from somewhere, buts its probably an unnoticeably small amount for the average taxpayer.

Even it was like, a day's pay, and you werent in dire poverty yourself, how much of a Patrick Bateman transactuonal lunatic would you have to be to not want to give up a Saturday to make sure kids eat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
this thread still full of lib apologists?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the funniest part of school breakfast/lunches is it was born directly from Great Depression era childhood malnutrition leading to poor recruits for the military.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Definitely, but as a barometer how poo poo a person is “would you work an extra 2 hours a year to make sure millions of kids have food all year?” certainly says something depending on their response.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
HEARTWARMING: 7-year-old gives plasma every week for two years to pay off friend’s school lunch debt.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Richard Bong posted:

Definitely, but as a barometer how poo poo a person is “would you work an extra 2 hours a year to make sure millions of kids have food all year?” certainly says something depending on their response.

Agree 100%.

Then we later punish the kids for being poor and not paying by withholding poo poo from them. It just disgusts me.

As I get older, and the pain takes its toll, I'm so god drat angry we can find money to send children to kill, but we "can't" help the poor. I wasted my loving body for a country that would deny me a loving sandwich because I'm poor.

Sorry. Back into therapy on Friday!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

HEARTWARMING: 7-year-old gives plasma every week for two years to pay off friend’s school lunch debt.

That joke tweet about how objectively bad things are good as cope absolutely applies to financial news.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean any more?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

By “full of” he means 1 person, and by apologists he mean “said it could have been better but there’s some decent stuff in there”.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Richard Bong posted:

By “full of” he means 1 person, and by apologists he mean “said it could have been better but there’s some decent stuff in there”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFchpvKpYm0

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Richard Bong posted:

I mean sure if you have the memory of a smart goldfish

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the state of the united states is "lets continuously take two steps back, and then give people one step forward so that they'll always be behind, but they'll shut the gently caress up for a minute and get off our asses. vote!"

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone who puts their fingers in their ears and screams "go back to CSPAM" any time they are attacked from the left

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

i dunno maybe i'm just a hick from the flyover states but you do not, in fact, have to give biden or the democrats credit for anything thus far. getting your hackles up when people, correctly, point out how they are failing voters is kinda suspect.

hth

apparently

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

getting your hackles up when people, correctly, point

Dog chat was earlier

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Current event, threadshitting I guess.

In actual news:

https://twitter.com/tmartillo/status/1369675972807626753?s=20

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Dog chat was earlier

oh yeah one of bidens dogs bit a secret service agent :laffo:

That Works posted:

Current event, threadshitting I guess.

"I don't like what you're saying so I'm just dismissing it as threadshitting."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

"I don't like what you're saying so I'm just dismissing it as threadshitting."

You're just jumping itt starting poo poo for ??? reasons.

Anyways, more actual events, Gab was even shittier than suspected.

https://twitter.com/alibreland/status/1369659927967457281?s=20

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/03/andrew-torba-anti-semites/

quote:

Since 2016, when Andrew Torba founded Gab, a Twitter clone that boasts that it “champions free speech,” it has served as a haven for alt-righters, QAnon supporters, and other far-right groups banned from mainstream platforms. Recent private Gab messages from Torba, made available last week by a whistleblowing website after a massive hack of the platform, show him directly wooing bigoted conservative figures to the site and working to showcase their content.

The messages were obtained by a hacker who goes by JaXpArO and provided to DDosLeaks, a website that calls itself a “transparency collective.” This immense cache of stolen Gab data includes a conversation in which Torba welcomed Daryush Valizadeh, a misogynist and anti-semitic right-wing internet figure, to the platform. Valizadeh, a pickup artist, video maker, and blogger known as as Roosh V within the online “manosphere,” has bragged about committing acts of sexual assault and derided Jews. While he’s taken steps to distance himself from the alt-right, he has had ties to the movement and supported Richard Spencer, the white nationalist who gave it its name. None of that history stopped Torba from extending what Valizadeh called a “warm welcome” to Gab.

[sic]

In a subsequent message to Valizadeh, Torba praised E. Michael Jones, a prominent anti-semitic writer and publisher whose work has been tracked by the Anti-Defamation League, and who Valizadeh has interviewed several times on his podcast.

“I am a huge fan of EMJ too, he has an account but hasn’t logged in for some time,” Torba wrote, seeking Valizadeh’s assistance in getting Jones to use his dormant Gab account more—especially to host his videos, which regularly appeared on the video streaming site, BitChute. “Would love to get all his videos on Gab TV, very important for the distribution and preservation of truth. If you can send him a note, I tried emailing the email we have on file but it bounced.” Torba also promised to personally enable Valizadeh’s account to upload more than the site’s standard maximum of 120 minutes of video content per day.

Torba’s efforts seemingly succeeded. After the exchange, Jones began uploading videos to Gab TV; he appears to have 16 on the site as of this week.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Holy poo poo haven't seen you around in a while. Hi n4i!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/tylermonroe7/status/1369631310164226048?s=19

Real Texans doing real Texans things

Also gently caress McKinney and all the white flight people there

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Walking into the room and throwing a bottle into a crowd, confident that it'll hit an imperialist or, at the minimum, someone who cowardly refused to die fighting imperialism, is how N4I says hello. Hello N4I!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

Anyways, more actual events, Gab was even shittier than suspected.

Gab is the Something Sensitive of Parlers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:patriot:

I'm back! Now with therapy!

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/tylermonroe7/status/1369631310164226048?s=19

Real Texans doing real Texans things

Also gently caress McKinney and all the white flight people there

*spits tobacco on the ground with his hands still in the pockets of his denim coat*
"Yep, things ain't been the same 'round here since the Q4 earnin's call. Us junior PMs used to update Gantt charts with nothing but grit and self reliance!"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

:patriot:

I'm back! Now with therapy!

Does your therapist know you have started engaging in self harm again?

Welcome back ☺️

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Oh I’m sorry, what is the level of performative anger I need to display via posting to make sure everyone knows how much dems annoy me? Sometimes I forget that doing a praxis means very angrily posting at someone on a dead comedy forum who doesn’t share my exact take on things. Especially when there are no stakes, seeing as we have zero power to change the outcome. “always be mad online” -Carl Marks

maffew buildings posted:

I mean sure if you have the memory of a smart goldfish

That’s the gist of what I saw scrolling as fast as possible past all the posts about it. If I want to read dunks on dems/dem defenders, I’ll go to Twitter. By the time the takes make it here they are warmed over with all the funny parts missing but all of the vitriol is still there. Post better if you expect people to read it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Disney cuts to ESPN are going a bit too far nowadays

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1369686088067862528?s=19

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/es...impression=true

That was some liveleak meatbag poo poo, but turns out he just got a bonk to the nose and that's about it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

facialimpediment posted:

The Disney cuts to ESPN are going a bit too far nowadays

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1369686088067862528?s=19

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/es...impression=true

That was some liveleak meatbag poo poo, but turns out he just got a bonk to the nose and that's about it.

Im the anchor it focuses on who spends the whole clip focused on looking shocked instead of helping

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Im the anchor it focuses on who spends the whole clip focused on looking shocked instead of helping

Don't stop your enemy when he's making a mistake.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
'Bloody Sunday': Left Activists, Labor Leaders Executed in Philippines After Duterte Says 'Finish Off' the Communists

gently caress these goddamn fascists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

quote:

"I've told the military and the police that if they find themselves in an armed encounter with the communist rebels, kill them, make sure you really kill them and finish them off if they are alive," Duterte said Friday. "Just make sure to return their bodies to their respective families."

"Forget about human rights," the Philippine president continued. "That's my order. I'm willing to go to jail, that's not a problem. I do not have any qualms about doing the things that I have to do."

Holy gently caress, just out in the open.