Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the cast of The Big Lebowski.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been trying to work out who is who since that post

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i was thinking walter = martial artist and donny = thief, but i’m not sure. priest is obvious.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i thought I was about to beat the final boss in SaGa, at the end of the fight the main character turned towards the screen and thanked me and now the game just keeps going and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Pretty cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

i thought I was about to beat the final boss in SaGa, at the end of the fight the main character turned towards the screen and thanked me and now the game just keeps going and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Pretty cool

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao hell yeah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

This is how I felt going into the extra content of persona 5 royal.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

thank you for controlling me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hit chapter 2 in bravely default and theres a massive difficulty spike. i'm really pleased at how tough this game is so far, basically every boss battle's come down to a nail biter. i thought the last boss of chapter 2 would be super easy because hes a berserker and you get a bunch of ways to mitigate phys damage but he just has so much HP and his attacks do so much damage that he can just wear you down. my only mechanical complaint so far is that the gambler class ability loving sucks and makes leveling it a drag, although the passives are so insane that you want to on everyone

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Something about spring makes JRPGs hit different. Playing Bravely Default 2 and I’m gonna start Dragon Quest IV I think.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

hit chapter 2 in bravely default and theres a massive difficulty spike. i'm really pleased at how tough this game is so far, basically every boss battle's come down to a nail biter. i thought the last boss of chapter 2 would be super easy because hes a berserker and you get a bunch of ways to mitigate phys damage but he just has so much HP and his attacks do so much damage that he can just wear you down. my only mechanical complaint so far is that the gambler class ability loving sucks and makes leveling it a drag, although the passives are so insane that you want to on everyone

I saved up JP orbs to use on Gambler for exactly that reason

Also fun tip for that boss: Freelancer's Purge skill can remove his berserk status

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Just started bravely 2. This is gonna be ftw I can already feel it

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Bravely Default 2 is awesome so far, I've just finished the prologue and I feel like I'm learning about the combat all the time.

The boat exploration is cool as well, now I can grind at work.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the cast of The Big Lebowski.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm playing through BD2 pretty slowly, but lol at the boss who is pretty much just crocodile from one piece

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

getting a strong urge to replay Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I was listening to music from it yesterday and remembering how much that game rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The more I read about Saga Scarlet Grace the more I want to play it. It seems like the most user friendly Saga game ever made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's really fuckin good, it and saga frontier are the two best ways to start in on saga. it still has all the cool saga jank but it's way behind the scenes and you dont have to fully dive in in order to play the game, and imo it has the best battle system in the series. very fuckin cool game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's on sale on PSN but I'm thinking Switch for portable goodness... hopefully it'll go on sale on the eShop soon

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Putting Mug and Indiscriminate Rage on the same guy in Bravely Default 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's on sale on PSN but I'm thinking Switch for portable goodness... hopefully it'll go on sale on the eShop soon

it was 50% off on the last holiday sale when i got it and goes on sale pretty regularly, itll def be 10 bucks sometime this year. highly recommend, it seems like a massive game before even considering that there are three different routes and you can NG+ it like 3 times per character apparently. and the combat system consistently owns throughout, one of those JRPGs where turn order and status effects are supremely important BUT every single turn is a gamble bc its saga so things wildly swing at the worst and best times...it owns.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i have really limited JRPG experience and I'd like to play something with good writing and characters. Does anyone have any favorites on PS4 or Switch?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i have really limited JRPG experience and I'd like to play something with good writing and characters. Does anyone have any favorites on PS4 or Switch?

DQXI was the first JRPG I played in years and it made me fall in love with the genre. Bravely Default 2 just came out for switch and the writing and characters are really cute and funny imo. Some of the best voice acting ever too.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Normally I'd recommend Chrono Trigger as an intro to JRPGs but I don't think that's on the Switch SNES app. If it has to be PS4 or Switch I'd say Dragon Quest XI.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Bravely Default 2 is impressing me on this front.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

here's something cool thag happened

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1369744977681473537

getting group attacks like this is kind of popping a puyo chain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

DQXI or FF7Remake for new the latest and greatest

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

definitely DQ11, although also any of the FF7-10 ports (especially 9). ni no kuni also has some super good stuff writing-wise. i also hear a lot of people saying poo poo about the atelier games having good character work, although they seem real fuckin horny to me and i'd tread with caution

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

here's something cool thag happened

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1369744977681473537

getting group attacks like this is kind of popping a puyo chain

gently caress yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im kinda stuck with my magic users bc eventually the starting guy got a completely sick lightning spell, but this new guy (with sunglasses, VERy cool) has a revive spell...so i need to get his rear end to spark the Lightning and i forgot how or when I even learned it in the first palce lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Thanks everyone!

Is the PS4 version of DQXI better if both are the definitive edition? I typically use Switch docked.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Thanks everyone!

Is the PS4 version of DQXI better if both are the definitive edition? I typically use Switch docked.

the definitive edition came out on switch first and all other versions are ports of that, get what you want, tons of people played it on switch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Thanks everyone!

switch imo just for versatility, the game looks a bit better on ps4 but not enough that its really noticeable. no real difference though, i'd say get whichever's cheapest/easiest for you to play

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

thanks amigos. I'm hoping this will be a good summer adventure.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah definitely play DQXI. Hell, everyone should

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the only reason DQ11 isnt the best game of the ps4/switch/xbox one generation is because botw is, but its drat close

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah definitely play DQXI. Hell, everyone should

This

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

i started playing it and after seeing imps talking about it and it rules

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Morag joined my Xenoblade crew so I can finally sideline Tora and never hear mehmehmeh every 4 seconds again. Poppi is probably my favorite character too, oh well, your driver is annoying as balls.

Now with 2 solid Breakers on my team I can start properly toppling/launching/smashing mfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just finished Alena's chapter in DQ4. This game is cool.