Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
This isn't funny. I survived Kool Aid knees as a child and still have the scars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Scratch Monkey posted:

This isn't funny. I survived Kool Aid knees as a child and still have the scars.

That will teach you to live in a brick house

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
This makes me realize that if the Big Bad Wolf teamed up with Kool-Aid Man all three pigs are dead.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
The Kool-Aid man would only intervene if one of the pigs wanted juice, or maybe was struggling with a skateboard trick they were learning.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Don Gato posted:

But why Cinco de Mayo? I never got the obsession with it, no one on the mexican side of my family has ever celebrated it except for when they need an excuse to drink to the eternal concept of "you know what, gently caress the French".

Cinco de Mayo was first popularized in the US by the Chicano movement in Los Angeles. They felt that the David and Goliath element of the Battle at Puebla was a good symbol for their own battle for civil rights in the US. Over the 1940s-1960s of spread across the southwest. In the 1980s, beer companies and other corporations started taking notice and it became the bastardized thing it is today.

:pseudo:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Skwirl posted:

I'm on my phone and did a double take because the tiny type made it look like they had a shade called "Switch Hitler" for a second.

Goddamn Switch Hitler would be a top tier username

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bitcoin mining should become the induction test for ecoterrorists. Like you want to get into chasing Japanese whaling vessels or sabotaging nuclear facilities, first you have to prove your mettle by takeing out some assholes rig.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

there wolf posted:

Bitcoin mining should become the induction test for ecoterrorists. Like you want to get into chasing Japanese whaling vessels or sabotaging nuclear facilities, first you have to prove your mettle by takeing out some assholes rig.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

there wolf posted:

:hmmyes:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

there wolf posted:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bitcoin miners are the ecoterrorists

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Andrast posted:

Bitcoin miners are the ecoterrorists

ecoterrorists are people who commit terrorism to protect the environment, if bitcoin miners were ecoterrorists then Islamic terrorists would be the assholes who shoot up mosques.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Skwirl posted:

ecoterrorists are people who commit terrorism to protect the environment, if bitcoin miners were ecoterrorists then Islamic terrorists would be the assholes who shoot up mosques.

Errr mosques are common targets for Islamic terrorism. Just not so much in the west.

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Mar 10, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Skwirl posted:

Whale oil

Baby oil

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Mega Comrade posted:

Errr mosques are common targets for Islamic terrorism. Just not so much in the west.

Weren't most of ISIS' major targets also significant Islamic heritage sites and stuff?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mega Comrade posted:

Poorly phrased then, I blame the fact that US media rarely covers terror attacks in Arab countries, but in the heads of Islamic terrorists they are promoting or protecting their version of Islam, was my point.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Thump! posted:

Goddamn Switch Hitler would be a top tier username

If you used Switch from the matrix with a little pencil moustache for an avatar there's no one you couldn't offend!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I decided to engage someone in good faith (whoops!) about why Andy Ngo was lovely. He kept asking dumb basic questions (he asked the same question twice) to the point I realized he was sealioning me, so I called him out on it (I'm purple, he's blue):

In short

https://twitter.com/Shvartacus/status/1096871228390789120?s=19

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Yawning aggressively at blue there.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yes bitcoin miners are more akin to the villains in Captain planet.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lionsealing

e: Nice dodge on his part, you're using a piece of terminology as shorthand for a phenomenon that is occurring at that moment, and he's accusing you of "weaponizing language" by having a term for it

FINE THEN, you're asking stupid questions to try to wear me down by answering them patiently

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Mar 10, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Sealioning is a type of trolling or harassment that consists of pursuing"

Why this is meaningless!!! I've read enough!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Please tell me sealioning is named solely for the sound they make

I run into this quite a bit when trying to engage people but it doesn't take long to figure this is their game, and that its either time to bail or switch to "how about you give some points or I'll assume youre trolling stfu". Glad to be able to put a name to it now

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Please tell me sealioning is named solely for the sound they make

It's from a comic:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I decided to engage someone in good faith (whoops!) about why Andy Ngo was lovely. He kept asking dumb basic questions (he asked the same question twice) to the point I realized he was sealioning me, so I called him out on it (I'm purple, he's blue):

In short

https://twitter.com/Shvartacus/status/1096871228390789120?s=19

tbf you're falling into the trap of continuing to engage with someone like this instead of just ignoring them or telling them to gently caress off

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ultrafilter posted:

It's from a comic:

To be fair, they were being pretty racist

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

tbf you're falling into the trap of continuing to engage with someone like this instead of just ignoring them or telling them to gently caress off

I try to assume positive intent (once in awhile I get someone who is actually arguing in good faith!) but the exchange only went a couple of times before I saw what he was doing and called him out for it (only for him to be big mad about it).

Edit: but I am posting on social media so i suppose I'm an idiot regardless...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

christmas boots posted:

I dunno, 100% of the sealions I have seen talk are very sealiony about it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Oh so sealion is a race now? The term you're looking for is speciesist. Typical of the left, just using terms designed to malign a person you disagree with.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, the comic being too lazy to come up with a good example of a conversation the sealion could interrupt makes the comic a pretty bad example for the behavior it coined a term for, ironically enough

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Captain Monkey posted:

Oh so sealion is a race now? The term you're looking for is speciesist. Typical of the left, just using terms designed to malign a person you disagree with.

Now That's What I Call Cancel Culture! Vol. 3

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/peppercoyote/status/1369312460612661249

Now, why is random furry musician getting the Vaccine the idiot on social media? Because he was telling people "hey you should lie on the eligibility form and say you work with kids. They don't check!" While winking and nodding. Mans is currently being dragged by furry twitter.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Been wondering when he was going to step a bit too far. A lot of his takes are eyebrow-raising

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Manuel Calavera posted:

https://twitter.com/peppercoyote/status/1369312460612661249

Now, why is random furry musician getting the Vaccine the idiot on social media? Because he was telling people "hey you should lie on the eligibility form and say you work with kids. They don't check!" While winking and nodding. Mans is currently being dragged by furry twitter.

Is there a way to like, call vaccine distro centers and ask if there were any no-shows that day? That'd be a way to get vaccinated early without being lovely, since the doses would just be discarded otherwise.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Raised By Birds posted:

Is there a way to like, call vaccine distro centers and ask if there were any no-shows that day? That'd be a way to get vaccinated early without being lovely, since the doses would just be discarded otherwise.
Yes.

Some cities/states even have queue websites so you'll get notified

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

hidrb.com! Register with your phone number and zip code and they’ll text you if there are leftover doses nearby, they give you 15 minutes to claim it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

If you used Switch from the matrix with a little pencil moustache for an avatar there's no one you couldn't offend!
?

you were looking for "toothbrush moustache"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FFT posted:

?

you were looking for "toothbrush moustache"

Not like this

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah, the comic being too lazy to come up with a good example of a conversation the sealion could interrupt makes the comic a pretty bad example for the behavior it coined a term for, ironically enough

It was made at the height of Gamergate so it was blatantly obvious what it was meaning at the time, but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Not like this
:golfclap: