Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Personally, I'd pair Epilepsy with some Lung Cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Brawnfire posted:

The shadow that lasts your whole life!

Oh hell I never had a shiner from my dad last me more than a few days.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

RoboRodent posted:

He's earned at least a special bullet point in the list of demands.

* affordable and achievable medical transition
    * legal protection from discrimination
    * Graham Linehan may never experience joy
    * a new puppy

When you get the first two, the third is basically guaranteed.
Actually the third may be guaranteed regardless.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

May he live a long and utterly miserable life.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
Depression should be the pretty blue, for the color of the prozac pills. It was the nicest looking depression pill I ever took, then I got the generic which was colored half an ugly dull green and half blah pink. Right now I have a combination of white tablets and pale peachy capsules, nothing to get hyped about; the prozac really was a visual mood booster in and of itself.

Also the suicide survivors even have a symbol now, I believe it's the ";" and I think I've seen a poster on PYF with it as their icon as well. Sometimes suicide doesn't take, hence survivors.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It is common for suicide survivors to have the semicolon tattooed somewhere on their body where they can see it regularly. I had a student with such a tattoo.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Ahahah holy poo poo their other palettes are so amazing

"Blanco" :effort:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

marshmallow creep posted:

It is common for suicide survivors to have the semicolon tattooed somewhere on their body where they can see it regularly. I had a student with such a tattoo.

Why? I'm not saying they shouldn't, just curious about the symbology.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bismuth posted:

I'm on my phone and did a double take because the tiny type made it look like they had a shade called "Switch Hitler" for a second.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Why? I'm not saying they shouldn't, just curious about the symbology.

Because you could use a full stop but don't. Or something. You could have ended it there but instead go on.

But someone here once suggested it's a more fitting tattoo for crohn's disease, and now that's all I can think when it's mentioned.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Bismuth posted:

"Blanco" :effort:

But why Cinco de Mayo? I never got the obsession with it, no one on the mexican side of my family has ever celebrated it except for when they need an excuse to drink to the eternal concept of "you know what, gently caress the French".

Also one of them is called gold mine when what Mexico is actually famous for is it's massive silver mines, there's a reason why Mexican silver coins were legal tender as far out as Tokugawa-era Japan. How do you want to be an ally to Mexicans and not know that.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Don Gato posted:

But why Cinco de Mayo? I never got the obsession with it, no one on the mexican side of my family has ever celebrated it except for when they need an excuse to drink to the eternal concept of "you know what, gently caress the French".

Also one of them is called gold mine when what Mexico is actually famous for is it's massive silver mines, there's a reason why Mexican silver coins were legal tender as far out as Tokugawa-era Japan. How do you want to be an ally to Mexicans and not know that.

I mean 8 are food/alcohol words, a couple are generic 'party things', Izamal is a city thats like 800 miles away from the battle Cinco de Mayo is celebrating, basically the only thing on the palette I think actually references Cinco de Mayo is the "Puebla" shade and at that point I'm wondering if that was an accident

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

That70sHeidi posted:

Depression should be the pretty blue, for the color of the prozac pills. It was the nicest looking depression pill I ever took, then I got the generic which was colored half an ugly dull green and half blah pink. Right now I have a combination of white tablets and pale peachy capsules, nothing to get hyped about; the prozac really was a visual mood booster in and of itself.

I'll trade you a prozac for an effexor. They used to be this pretty orange color, but now the higher doses are bright red and look like those fake blood capsules they sell around Halloween. I don't know why it's so disconcerting but it is.

I lost it at "piñata," right there next to beer and salsa. I wonder if they meant piña.

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Mar 10, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Don Gato posted:

It's an excuse for white college kids to get absolutely hammered while wearing a funny hat. Almost no one on America knows what Cinco de Mayo actually signifies.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It's an excuse for white college kids to get absolutely hammered while wearing a funny hat. Almost no one on America knows what Cinco de Mayo actually signifies.

You have no idea how many times I had to correct people that it isn't Mexican independence day when I was a kid. Or when I was in college. Or as an adult outside college.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

hyperhazard posted:

I'll trade you a prozac for an effexor. They used to be this pretty orange color, but now the higher doses are bright red and look like those fake blood capsules they sell around Halloween. I don't know why it's so disconcerting but it is.

I lost it at "piñata," right there next to beer and salsa. I wonder if they meant piña.

I'm pretty sure they were just writing down "mexican things" from a white perspective so they got pinata, fiesta, a bunch of food, and oops hm i guess we should google cinco de mayo and grab a word from the first sentence on wikipedia. I'm surprised there isnt like "sugar skull" or "sombrero" in there too tbh

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bismuth posted:

I'm pretty sure they were just writing down "mexican things" from a white perspective so they got pinata, fiesta, a bunch of food, and oops hm i guess we should google cinco de mayo and grab a word from the first sentence on wikipedia. I'm surprised there isnt like "sugar skull" or "sombrero" in there too tbh
At least the palette looks better laid out than the other ones we've seen from them, but man...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bismuth posted:

"Corona" and "Corona Light" would be good colors

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Bismuth posted:

It looks like they relabelled some of these for that Survivor pallette. Like ally and unicorn look like the same shades of pink as the breast cancer and cervical cancer, the green in pride looks like depression, and the Kiki looks like the child abuse color.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It looks like they relabelled some of these for that Survivor pallette. Like ally and unicorn look like the same shades of pink as the breast cancer and cervical cancer, the green in pride looks like depression, and the Kiki looks like the child abuse color.

Pride comes before a fall (into depression).

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

PetraCore posted:

At least the palette looks better laid out than the other ones we've seen from them, but man...

Idk, as a makeup user, I would never buy this palette even if it had a 'normal' theme. Its essentially just 5 colors that dont really look good together. I'm assuming all of their palettes are private label anyway so they basically just slapped their weird marking on some pre-made generic palettes. The cinco de mayo one is ugly as hell though

Bismuth has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Mar 10, 2021

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bismuth posted:

Idk, as a makeup user, I would never buy this palette even if it had a 'normal' theme. Its essentially just 4 colors that dont really look good together. I'm assuming all of their palettes are private label anyway so they basically just slapped their weird marking on some pre-made generic palettes. The cinco de mayo one is ugly as hell though
Yeah mostly I'm saying all their palettes are ugly as hell.

God, the fact that 'Outing' is in their Pride palette is killing me.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Which color is moon moon?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

PetraCore posted:

yeah, "coming out" is on there too so "outing" seems like..outing someone else? So a very bad thing? Also I've never heard "unicorn" used outside of predatory threesome-seekers

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

PetraCore posted:

I thought it said "cutting" at first.

I dunno that the actual label is much of an improvement.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
https://twitter.com/lohstroh/status/1358789181170941953

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I loving hate CryptoCurrency so drat much.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

This makes me feel such a rich mixture of sadness and anger.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i wanna turn raytracing on in call of duty. stop buying all the drat GPUs you assholes

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Hihohe posted:

:same:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Hihohe posted:

It needs to be regulated out of existence so loving bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:five:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

So nobody ever wears basic green.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

a glitter palette in 2021 lol

fyi; this is not the thing that offended me most about it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Splicer posted:

Also anyone who pays real money for coins is an environmental criminal.

Well weed's not legal here so have you considered that the real environmental criminal is the government

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

goblin week posted:

Well weed's not legal here so have you considered that the real environmental criminal is the government

I forgot it was impossible to buy illegal drugs before the invention of bitcoin.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Mak0rz posted:

Ah, green, the color famously associated with depression

It ain't easy being green.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Skwirl posted:

I forgot it was impossible to buy illegal drugs before the invention of bitcoin.

All my friends are squares :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

goblin week posted:

All my friends are squares :(

It's hip to be square