Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Baseball's back!!! :woop:

Wondering what games are on TV today? Check here: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/spring-training

Starting Lineups: https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

To watch out of market games you can subscribe to MLB.tv, or share a subscription with other goons here. Or there are free stream sites such as this one (use at own risk)

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

We did it guys we survived the winter.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Man I wish Rogers would produce ST games. I really don't like watching the YES feed.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

this sure is a first day of spring training game. defense optional.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Kinda love the bear-out-of-hibernation feel to early ST games. Speaking of, Sandoval is now occupying a position designated as “EH”

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Spring Training definitely matters and Ryan O'Hearn is for sure hitting 35 home runs this year. Book it!

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Jo Adell falls down on a routine play and then the Angels pitcher comes out immediately after while touching his arm

Ahhhhhh baseball

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Adell got turned around on that one

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gary Sanchez can still pulverize a ball, goddamn. Over the batter's eye in center and it had that sound.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Wow Bauer looks really good lol. Throwing some nasty curveballs. TBF this Rockies lineup is kinda sad

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Austen Riley just drilled a one-hopper off the rear end of Ian Gibaut, who then tried to field the ball and threw it away trying to get the runner at first, which he was never going to, and the play somehow ended up hurting their first baseman.

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 2, 2021

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
The Cubs fan heckling so loud he is audible on the radio is really loving annoying. It's spring training. It's weird to desire being a loud obnoxious rear end when there are pretty much no stakes.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Beat LA

it still applies in spring training

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Joc Jam :)

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The righteous Jarred Kelenic has defeated Kevin Mather and the rest of the evil Mariners organization by hitting a two run home run.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

phillies are scoring Many Runs on the Yankees today

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Micky Moniak hit 2 dingers

Yankees lol

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

game isn't on tv but Alex Wood debuted in a Giants uniform today and pitched a scoreless inning. So did Jake Mcgee, Jamie Sherfy and Shun Yamaguchi. I'm kind of in awe at the sheer number of arms Zaidi has brought in this year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Trevor Williams struck out Mookie twice so that's cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't believe i pay for literal loving cable and i can't watch this game because i don't get the mlb network

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Cutch :allears:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Ohtani strikes out the side in his inning, although he was a little wild. Really nice to see him back on the mound.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Nico Hoerner apparently turned himself into Mike Trout during the offseason.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Nico Hoerner apparently turned himself into Mike Trout during the offseason.

Kimbrel remained Krimbel.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

The Pussy Boss posted:

Ohtani strikes out the side in his inning, although he was a little wild. Really nice to see him back on the mound.

Didn't get a chance to see it but the recaps indicate he looked pretty good, 5 k's with his velo sitting at 96-100.

I seem to remember him having some command issues when he's pitched in the past and really the dude hasn't pitched much at all due to the injuries so if the velo looked good and he settled down then that's very promising to me

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Joc Jam!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Old man Gardner smacked a grand slam lol

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Heliot Ramos hit a dinger and then got totally fooled on a curveball. Work in progress

Jason Vosler is hitting a ton this spring. Dunno if there's a spot for him with Wilmer and La Stella on the bench though.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Craig Kimbrel has a 45.00 ERA, looking good!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Another Joc Jam! Excited about him getting full time in the lineup.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
As everybody expected, the Cubs won on a walk-off grand slam by Ortega that scored Lobatón, Strumpf, and Avelino.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Spring training games own because there is just so much base stealing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL @ that homer Stanton just hit

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Another HR for Joc, this guy might be an okay hitter I guess.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

early yet but Acuña's bat flip looking good so far https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1370101560185913352?s=20

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Another HR for Joc, this guy might be an okay hitter I guess.

And another one...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
God I was so excited for Joc and he is already delivering. SPRING TRAINING COUNTS

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Trout hit a monster dong earlier

Tbf the ball has been flying in Arizona. Heliot Ramos hit one the other day that was just stupid

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Joc only hit a lousy single this time, bench him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Javier Baez crushed that one though!

:swoon: