Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

ultrafilter posted:

Read this for background. tl;dr is that it's someone very publicly trying to make money off of Disney's art.

Oh! Thanks, I had heard about these NFT things, even though I still have trouble understanding the concept. I saw "TokenizedTweets" and assumed they meant "token" as in, like, "a token [minority]"! I thought they were accusing the artist of "virtue signaling" by drawing Pocahontas or something, with the string of numbers/letters being some weird chud-speak.

..Does this mean I am too online? Or not online enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Does this mean I am too online? Or not online enough?

Yes. Yes it does.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1370126968960786432?s=20

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

"some of my best slaves are black"

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Colonialism, the most not-racist thing you can do.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

..Does this mean I am too online? Or not online enough?

Your call.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Manuel Calavera posted:

https://twitter.com/PRguitarman/status/1368995286434127877

we regret to inform you the cute poptart cat is now racist and also destroying the planet.

If it turns out the elderly fruit bat who thinks he can still fly is a Nazi, I think I might cry.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

:psypop:

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

HelleSpud posted:

The right/conservatives condemning things is always the best advertisement for them.

D&D? You get to join a Satanist cult
Rock n' Roll? Even more Satan!
Drugs? They're just givin' 'em away! (and you'll see Satan)

Does anyone have that Facebook image where it goes on about how The Gays will destroy gender and kill God?

This one is my favorite:

Don't threaten me with a good time

Karia has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Mar 12, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Karia posted:

This one is my favorite:

Don't threaten me with a good time

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Holy poo poo I was trying to remember where the "eat hot chip" meme came from earlier this week and here it is. Thank you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just adding "eat hot chip and lie" to the end of any list still gives me a profound joy.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

What sort of chip is this hot chip referring to? Like spicy chips?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I've always assumed Hot Cheetos, since those are a stereotypical "thot" snack (I know, I know.)

I love Hot Cheetos but they don't love me...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Fries.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Instead of the 50's excuse of washing their hair it'll now be too busy eating hot chip.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah, so eating hot chip and lying at the same time. Clever

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
if a man don't understand you
if you fly on separate beams
waste no time, take a trip
lie to that man, eat hot chip

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

This is the only Hot Chip I'll accept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSjYYep3t4

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I think they're British so they mean French fries when they say chip.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Wait, are they talking about the same thing as the tweeter? I never got their name.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Edit: whoops

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/peppercoyote/status/1369509556716376065

Anything you want to tell us about your stance on the new Space Jam, Data Graham? :colbert:

(Wow, that rolls off the tongue.)

Speaking of idiots on social media,

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Manuel Calavera posted:

https://twitter.com/PRguitarman/status/1368995286434127877

we regret to inform you the cute poptart cat is now racist and also destroying the planet.

This tweet is gone, what was the racist bit?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
nyan cat was riding on a pepe, who has dabbled in racism.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I've always assumed Hot Cheetos, since those are a stereotypical "thot" snack (I know, I know.)

I love Hot Cheetos but they don't love me...

lmao

Hot chips = fries
Cold chips = crisps

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Volcott posted:

Oh, is that all

People try to 'reclaim' pepe so as uncomfortable as seeing him makes me I try not to immediately associate it with that unless there's something else going on

he is a loving absolute moron for the NFT poo poo though, almost as much as the grumpy cat people who are doing NFT with their dead cat that they exploited for so long

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Mx. posted:

lmao

Hot chips = fries
Cold chips = crisps

I've heard some arguments over here in the US about whether "our" style of fish and chips (served with tartar and cocktail sauces) or the UK style (malt vinegar) is better...personally I like to combine 'em. Has the US style made its way to the UK yet? I know about "daddy's sauce" and the like, but I was curious if cocktail and/or tartar sauces are commonly found over there.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Volcott posted:

Also nyan cat had pixar rear end added

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

This tweet is gone, what was the racist bit?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

It loses something without the pulsing butt cheeks.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

he is a loving absolute moron for the NFT poo poo though, almost as much as the grumpy cat people who are doing NFT with their dead cat that they exploited for so long

If I just made hundreds of thousands of dollars for an old piece of meme art, I'd probably be exploiting the gently caress out of NFT before it (hopefully) craters. Not to mention the dude who made tens of millions.
I hate everything about crypto and I'm still annoyed that I missed out on making a fortune from it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Every few months I get the urge to listen to this song but for the life of me I can never remember the actual name so I just Google 'cancer jesus' because this is one of the top results.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
First tweet in the thread is deleted but the rest is a doozy.

https://twitter.com/polyjitter/status/1193589875452366850

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

why you throw hot chip

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh, is that all

People try to 'reclaim' pepe so as uncomfortable as seeing him makes me I try not to immediately associate it with that unless there's something else going on

Most of my complaint about mans was the whole NFT thing, yeah. He used to be interesting and have a cute comic. Then I stopped following... and now he's decided to join the destruction of the environment for profit. Cool, fun, literally loving why.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Elviscat posted:

It loses something without the pulsing butt cheeks.

https://i.imgur.com/Z7ZoP2m.mp4

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've heard some arguments over here in the US about whether "our" style of fish and chips (served with tartar and cocktail sauces) or the UK style (malt vinegar) is better...personally I like to combine 'em. Has the US style made its way to the UK yet? I know about "daddy's sauce" and the like, but I was curious if cocktail and/or tartar sauces are commonly found over there.

The gently caress is daddy sauce? Wait don't answer that.

As far as I know you've always been able to get tartare sauce in the UK. In a chip shop you'd need to ask for it but in a sit down place you'd be given it. That said Tartare sauce in the UK is different from the US because you guys put Dill pickles in it but not dill for some reason, I've never had a dill pickle do they taste like dill?

And the real question is Salt n Sauce or Salt n Vinegar, those are the 2 choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

sir, sir, i will pay you $48,000 of sudokus for this image