Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
trailers are often really nice, shame they have the rep they do

would rather just live in a large building with others though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

trailers are often really nice, shame they have the rep they do

They have the rep they have because, as "temporary structures", they're not held to even the same flimsy standards of safety or workmanship that residential construction is. They're mostly known for burning down and getting blown over.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Stack Machine posted:

They have the rep they have because, as "temporary structures", they're not held to even the same flimsy standards of safety or workmanship that residential construction is. They're mostly known for burning down and getting blown over.

they're mostly known for being cheap. which is why they're used as the butt of jokes because society is all about punching down

if you live in a mobile home built after the mid-70s, chances are you're fine because HUD stepped in and implemented fire safety standards at that point

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

nation with more guns in civilian circulation than civilians cannot figure out how to fix heretofore unseen levels of inequality, film at 11

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vaccinations here are being managed by A grocery store chain and the loving Steelers. What is happening

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Vaccinations here are being managed by A grocery store chain and the loving Steelers. What is happening

libertariandetective.txt

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

after last year its in business' best interest to handle this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

mediaphage posted:

https://twitter.com/CatchKristen/status/1370041423425236992

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

no way this is a feel-good story of folks scamming VCs into funding a commune

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ew

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/CatchBenefits/status/1336745571206504449

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

saying this about a photo of a pregnant woman leaves a lot of ambiguity

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This catching millions silicon valley morons angel investors throw at you seems to be an easy gig. I'm thinking about starting a startup to disrupt agile, any of you fine folks in?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Going to create an AI powered agile framework driven by blockchain and the cloud.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
NFT ideas framework, get in on the ground floor with the next edison or musk

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

saying this about a photo of a pregnant woman leaves a lot of ambiguity

oh don't even start with that bullshit

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This catching millions silicon valley morons angel investors throw at you seems to be an easy gig. I'm thinking about starting a startup to disrupt agile, any of you fine folks in?

hello let's incorporate blockchain

edit: spent too long with the post open

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 12, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mediaphage posted:

oh don't even start with that bullshit

okay, thongs in the house are tacky, but that marble is probably chilly on the feet

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
If I was the head of the Senate Democrats, I'd pass some awful, regressive legislation that everyone universally reviles. Well, except for Republicans:

- West Virginia has to pay 1% additional sales tax to each red state in the union

Get republicans to vote en masse. Real bipartisan fairy tale.

Then I'd put some other legislation on the floor reverting it:

- Manchin universally sucks bill: Filibuster reform + repeal 99% of the west virginia sales tax

And just like that, all your ducks are in a row.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheOvalPawffice/status/1370119118641360900

This account has to be some kind of OP. :suicide:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

it's the boomer equivalent of putting UwUs and OwOs in text to be cute

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

it's far from the worst thing about the tweet but why the gently caress is "major" a hash tag

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Truman Peyote posted:

it's far from the worst thing about the tweet but why the gently caress is "major" a hash tag

its the name of one of those junkyard dogs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truman Peyote posted:

That's the name of the dog mayor pete to the farm after he bit a secret service member. :v:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/moody/status/1369770099431866371

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Both dogs were photoshopped in lmfao

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Target Track Jacket posted:

Both dogs were photoshopped in lmfao

this is basically indistinguishable from the people who photoshopped trump's face onto the wh40k god-emperor

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-24/how-pittsburgh-s-house-flippers-get-buyers-to-sell

quote:

In Pittsburgh, almost all code inspections of residential properties are instigated by a complaint. So when homeowners in prime neighborhoods receive building code citations amid a flood of offers, many suspect that cash buyers—an unlicensed and largely unregulated segment of the real estate ecosystem known for their persistence and knowledge of building codes—are behind it. Community groups are also convinced that the flippers have essentially weaponized tip lines like the city’s 311 nonemergency service, trying to create a hassle that will incentivize homeowners to sell. “This is something I’ve heard of and we have confirmed reports of it,” said Dave Breingan, executive director of Lawrenceville United, a nonprofit community group that advocates for area residents.

lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Yikes.

Apr 7, 2003

I get 4-5 texts or postcards a week asking me to sell my house and I am not in a desirable neighborhood.

I can afford to fix any code violations that get thrown at me but I have some older neighbors that I know can't.

Lawrenceville was especially rough wrt gentrification, the land became desirable because it's the only large neighborhood full of flat land in the city, but the entire area was pretty poor up until 2008-2009 and the housing stock isn't great. So it was mostly retired blue collar people getting fined out of their family homes.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

kitten emergency posted:

this is basically indistinguishable from the people who photoshopped trump's face onto the wh40k god-emperor

nah, trump as the god emperor was actually kind of insightful (the dying regent, mind almost gone, on his golden throne), where this dog poo poo is just pointlessly moronic.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I get 4-5 texts or postcards a week asking me to sell my house and I am not in a desirable neighborhood.

I can afford to fix any code violations that get thrown at me but I have some older neighbors that I know can't.

Lawrenceville was especially rough wrt gentrification, the land became desirable because it's the only large neighborhood full of flat land in the city, but the entire area was pretty poor up until 2008-2009 and the housing stock isn't great. So it was mostly retired blue collar people getting fined out of their family homes.

my fav was one i got recently that was a colour photocopy of a handwritten note on lined notebook paper, with the writer swearing she wasn't a real estate agent of any kind

yet when i google the phone number at the bottom her realtor page pops up

Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

my fav was one i got recently that was a colour photocopy of a handwritten note on lined notebook paper, with the writer swearing she wasn't a real estate agent of any kind

yet when i google the phone number at the bottom her realtor page pops up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i got a text from someone about my mom's house looking to buy. they promised they lived in town, and wanted to make a "paid in-full" offer.

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.inquirer.com/news/gregory-longenecker-lawsuit-bulldozer-reading-marijuana-settlement-20210311.html

Back in 2018, the cops tracked this guy to state forest land where he was growing ten marijuanas. When the cops came out to arrest him for it, he hid in a shrub and wouldn't come out, so they brought a bulldozer in and ran him over.

They murdered the guy over ten plants, and his family got $475K.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.inquirer.com/news/gregory-longenecker-lawsuit-bulldozer-reading-marijuana-settlement-20210311.html

Back in 2018, the cops tracked this guy to state forest land where he was growing ten marijuanas. When the cops came out to arrest him for it, he hid in a shrub and wouldn't come out, so they brought a bulldozer in and ran him over.

They murdered the guy over ten plants, and his family got $475K.

not laughing at the guy but how do u get run over by a bulldozer by accident. was he incapable of... walking out of the way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PrZ-J7D3k

quote:

...had crawled beneath the bulldozer as it was stopped and was crushed when it resumed moving.

:confused:

Apr 7, 2003

I dunno, I'd be pretty scared if police officers were menacing me in a remote location and brought a bulldozer in.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

honestly surprised at the outcome, I mean sure he was white but usually "any amount of drugs equals instant threat of MS13 supersoldiers packing AK-47s every time" is law enforcement's get out of jail free card

not that any of the cops themselves got in trouble

quote:

...had crawled beneath the bulldozer as it was stopped and was crushed when it resumed moving.
that's the story the cops gave, which this civil trial disagreed with

Apr 7, 2003

I just assume that the cops are lying in any statement they give.

I read about it when it happened and the impression that I got is that they got tired of waiting for the guy to come out of the shrubbery he was hiding in, sent the bulldozer in to flush him out, and had a whoopsie doodle.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hmmm I don't know who Ron Johnson is but lol owned nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

All journalists should be bullied like this imo.