Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Kyle Young hit 9 3s coming into this game, 4 in the first half today. That's bad, made worse by the fact that he has some truly terrible tats.

Worst defensive half for Purdue this season, they left shooters open all half long. Three different times two guys closed out on Duane Washington, only to have both of them leave him and he either hit a 3 or drove right to the rim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

elentar posted:

Really conflicted on the bounceback success of Wichita State this year, because on the one hand gently caress Gregg Marshall, and on the other hand, gently caress that university

They provide one fewer at-large spot for the NCAA to sneak Duke in if that helps

And I guess they'll keep the AAC from being a total one-bid embarrassment

Next up in that trainwreck - Cincinnati's extremely disappointing rear end versus SMU who hasn't played a game in five weeks.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 12, 2021

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't know how many more years I can stand of Mike White's constipated offenses

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PotatoJudge posted:

Kyle Young hit 9 3s coming into this game, 4 in the first half today. That's bad, made worse by the fact that he has some truly terrible tats.

Worst defensive half for Purdue this season, they left shooters open all half long. Three different times two guys closed out on Duane Washington, only to have both of them leave him and he either hit a 3 or drove right to the rim.

Kyle Young is probably a fine kid but he really looks like a thug to me lol

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Florida's Omar Payne getting tossed for a pair of elbows, one really nasty to John Fulkerson of Tennessee. The second nailed Fulkerson in the head and I'd think he's out for the game.

https://twitter.com/cjogara/status/1370475111321571331

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah gently caress that guy

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue probably dug themselves too deep of a hole but this 2nd half has been nice. Trevion Williams is playing his best ball in about 3 weeks.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Painter is a really good coach, but this team does not look to have a lot of talent.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Florida's Omar Payne getting tossed for a pair of elbows, one really nasty to John Fulkerson of Tennessee. The second nailed Fulkerson in the head and I'd think he's out for the game.

https://twitter.com/cjogara/status/1370475111321571331

Probably more than a game, that was brutal.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue going to lose because they forgot how to hit free throws.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Make 3 pointers illegal. Introduce goons to the game. You're welcome.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

TREVION

Down 2 in a game where you're barely 50% from the free throw line is very, very frustrating.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

PotatoJudge posted:

Probably more than a game, that was brutal.

He was wobbling pretty good going back to the locker room. Definitely a concussion.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Purdue-tOSU good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That guy shouldn’t play for the rest of the season. What a loving prick.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wooooow overtime.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
so this is two games in a row where OSU was headed for a blowout and then just stopped scoring for like 10 minutes. Not how I would do it

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Overtime! Win or lose, great comeback. It's good to get Trevion back on track, now just need Brandon Newman and Sasha Stefanovic to find their shots.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

1st half Purdue has returned.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Really worried about the Mizzou game with no Jailyn Williams, both teams starting flat, 6-4 at first media timeout

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

We have been playing out of our minds the last couple of weeks.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Doug Shows sent Arkansas primary ball handler to the bench really early on a clean block and Arkansas has been in shambles ever since. Might be over already

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This, uh, has not been a good start

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

This, uh, has not been a good start

Justin Smith being outplayed, Connor is a liability, Williams unavailable, Tate on the bench, everything that could go wrong is lol

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Rutgers shot 48% from the field and is down 19 at halftime.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I didn't think Rutgers would get run like this. Ill looks very good.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Well at least it’s tied up

e: 16-0 run last 5 min

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 13, 2021

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Well at least it’s tied up

I can’t believe Ethan Henderson saved the day

E: oh my god JD

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

That Henderson dunk

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

gvibes posted:

Rutgers shot 48% from the field and is down 19 at halftime.

Setting aside the Big Ten Tournament, I'm extremely happy that Michigan won't face Illinois until deep into the NCAA tournament, if ever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Not that Rutgers would win this game but the refs are in the tank for Illinois so much that it's actually kinda funny.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
LoL what the hell did that rutgers guy say

Edit not liking how cold illinois has gone but that kofi slam was great

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 13, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mark Smith airballing open corner threes never ceases to impress me.

This dude once had people thinking he was a good shooter.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oklahoma State

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If either Mizzou or Arkansas could hold on to the ball, they would run away with this game, but I think Mizzou is at 16 turnovers and Arkansas at 17 so we have a knife fight instead

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

What a dogshit call. That wasn't a punch in the balls

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ that ejection. Big 10 refs are clownish.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Baylor what the hell

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

gvibes posted:

What a dogshit call. That wasn't a punch in the balls

You're right, it wasn't a punch in the balls. It was a full clean-and-jerk.

https://twitter.com/bluebyninety/status/1370548394003988482

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Mark Smith airballing open corner threes never ceases to impress me.

Bricking long twos is not an improvement Mark!