Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

See that's what I thought but everyone's pretending asking for release means something

Just hoping. All the droves of people wasted in wwe really gets to some people, like myself, and the prospect of seeing their faves actually wrestle again has people hyped. Plus the wwe is just so overwhelmingly, unstoppably soul destroying evil that you can’t help but feel sorry for them. The terrible people you don’t of course and you can try and understand why some guys just wanna surf and get paid to lie on their backs for Vince’s new toy BUT there is a part of you that misses seeing an artist like Shinsuke perform to roaring crowds. A gilded cage is still a cage and birds just look more inspiring flying around in the sky. I remember Foochs trying so hard to stay positive and loyal to his boy Ambrose. Pooper scooper and all. All of us were bummed out watching him pantomime through most of his contract. He gets to AEW and goes full Moxley and rewards us for our hopes. Foochs is back to being (mostly) positive and it is just a happier place. Be patient with silly goons hoping for more. Life doesn’t have to be all drudgery and slavery no matter what Vince and his crew like to tell the world. Life doesn’t always HAVE to suck... just awful people want you to think that so you can just shut up and eat the gruel they serve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Digital Jedi posted:

So was it Zelina being fired or Heyman no longer in charge that made he disappear? Past year is just one blur I can't remember
When Heyman took the blame for low ratings, all of the "Heyman Guys" got taken off TV in retaliation

Even though Vince still books the shows :v:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
People are hinting that Keith Lee’s absence is a bigger deal than simply being covid related too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

People are hinting that Keith Lee’s absence is a bigger deal than simply being covid related too

He's been sent back to the PC to go through Fat Camp

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

More than hoping that good current WWE guys find a way out, my major hope the people who have left over the last year or so is that the example they've set emboldens other talent to just not take WWE money in the first place.

The time was, not too long ago, that WWE was the one option for making it in the big leagues. If it's 2011 and you're an excellent up and coming wrestler and you want to be paid well to do it, you can maybe go to Japan, you can hustle as hard as possible on the indies, or you can try and get signed by WWE.

There's other ways to make it now. Even without AEW in the picture there would be other ways to make it. And wrestlers talk more than they ever did.

So people see La Sombra, one of the best wrestlers in the world, go into the WWE machine for five years and do nothing. They see Shinsuke Nakamura go from being one of the new Three Musketeers of New Japan with Shibata and Tanahashi to being a joke who loses to Apollo Crews in four minutes. They see Keith Lee just get absolutely shat on as soon as he made it to the main roster. They see the joy on the faces of people like FTR when they get out and they can do their own thing again. And maybe the money and the thought of moving to Florida just isn't that enticing any more.

There's other places to make money in wrestling now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

See that's what I thought but everyone's pretending asking for release means something

Hear you loud and clear. Here’s what does happen though:

It does take potential signees and people connected to wrestling and gives a warning sign. Some will ignore that and some will say “ok but I can handle it and things will be different”. Some will even say it’s my dream and I don’t care.

What Andrade and others are doing is letting people know the conditions are troublesome or cause for concern. The hope is that maybe corporate and WWE will make changes or understand.

Now, they never do of course but Andrade doing this warns other talent like him of what could be red flags. It could also tell talent in the system already that maybe I’m feeling the same and it’s time to take action.

SRS I believe just put out an article today that WWE is working on raiding internationally more talent to sign. They’re going on a prowl for more women to sign specifically.

They’re also sending out feelers to talent and preying on those who view WWE as their “dream destination” and using it as a negotiation tactic (and this is per a MPW wrestler that I know). The thought is for those talents, if they get them young, they’ll lock them in for life and can mold them into their system.

I truly admire, as weird as this situation is for arguably one of the best wrestlers in the game, Andrade asking for his release and it making the rounds.

What IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN is a company reviews the history of wrestlers being unhappy and finding ways to make the job remain attractive and secure for those who sign so they never want to leave.

If anything, it just tells those young wrestlers who could have regrets or get locked into something (this being their first ever major contract) that maybe I should negotiate harder, explore options and make sure this is the best fit for me instead of believing WWE is the right fit for everybody and I just need to fit it myself.

It’s such a tough angle. It’s hard to be in the wrestling game and I feel for talents struggling to find their next move and right move. And go through negotiations that are still archaic in nature.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They're basically upset that what they did with Drew won't work right now. If they release someone with potential, they have a lot more options than they used to.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

He's been sent back to the PC to go through Fat Camp
If rumors are correct his contract actually is up in about a month and I would love to see HHH trying to convince Keith Lee to stay when "you sent me to fat camp" is in the conversation

But, again, rumors

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

If rumors are correct his contract actually is up in about a month and I would love to see HHH trying to convince Keith Lee to stay when "you sent me to fat camp" is in the conversation

But, again, rumors

drat. poo poo is juicy. I’m curious now!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Keith Lee vs Powerhouse Hobbs. Why not done!?

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Spiderdrake posted:

But, again, rumors

Yeah I can't imagine Keith Lee in any way looking at his time in wwe and saying anything other than "gently caress you - I'm out." I would love to see him in Japan tearing poo poo up being a giant hoss and getting 5 stars. Same with Andrade, Gran Metallik and Aleister Black. I still hope New Day get there one day too as they would be great for some guest appearances.

I know Charlotte isn't to blame for her booking but she still seems like she has a habit of not caring about her opponent and overwhelming need to "get her poo poo in." I'm okay if she never goes anywhere but wwe. Same with Nia Jax and Lacey Evans.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Charlotte outside of the WWE. I'd love to see what she could do in a system that's actively working with her to fix her flaws and teach her a little more empathy for her fellow wrestlers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vandar posted:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Charlotte outside of the WWE. I'd love to see what she could do in a system that's actively working with her to fix her flaws and teach her a little more empathy for her fellow wrestlers.

If Charlotte didn't learn that coming up with Becky, Bayley, and Sasha, then nobody is gonna teach her anything she doesn't want to learn.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Read this about Andrade. It’s a thread.

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1370517702608105472?s=20

https://twitter.com/robviper/status/1370517708681445383?s=21

Edit: gently caress it. Here’s all the posts from this guy:

quote:

When Mistico/Sin Cara failed to succeed in WWE it was easy for the apologists to point his bad attitude, contractual clauses, size, style, language barrier, etc etc etc It was a match made in hell (which everyone knew going in) & some actually said (haha) WWE would learn from it.

With Andrade you can't claim any of that. He played by their rules. He actually attended language classes. Humbled himself working Largo Loop. Dropped the extra name. Got over initial frustration & waited for his call-up. Kept his mouth shut. Didn't politic even w/ his advantage.

Even though he played ball - it got him nowhere. Just like it wouldn't have for Mistico. Just like it won't for Garza Carrillo or the next signing who will be "the next Rey Misterio Jr./Eddy Guerrero". It's just not in the cards. The issues in WWE are systemic. Forever ingrained.

Aside from that - Andrade is exactly the type of guy that checks off all the boxes on the irritation list of the folks in power. From the accent to finding a girl they think he doesn't deserve to having self-respect (or as they call it - "attitude").

Let's not forget Andrade was on the release list back in April. Only one thing saved him. Andrade was the warning to Rush; same way Gran Metalik was the warning to Bandido. This is a company that barely tolerates a legend like Rey but bends over backwards for a Velveteen Dream.

Kudos to Andrade who could've just hung out in the gym for the next 10 yrs while getting paid. I have no worries he'll succeed elsewhere. Asking to leave is the only sign I need. Now we just wait for the next Mexican to sign w/ WWE & give the "it'll be different with me" spiel.

Fantastic read. Should take 60 seconds tops to read. 69 if ya nastyyyyyyyyyyy. Shout out to Janet Jackson I guess.

ICR fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 13, 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1370546118124245000?s=21

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Time for him to start a twitch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pylons posted:

Nah, OnlyFans.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wow what a shock they didn't release him

Really loving sucks for him.

gently caress WWE
Then
Now
Forever

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If only there was a billionaire that would be interested in bankrolling a challenge of WWEs lovely independent contractor contracts in court

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

yeah its a shame there isn't

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

On the plus side Andrade's already been sat at home for 5 months so he's likely only got another 4-6 left on his escape timeline

sounds like frozen time to me.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Spiderdrake posted:

But, again, rumors

Is the contract part true? I thought everyone gets a new contract when they move up from NXT now?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dacap posted:

Is the contract part true? I thought everyone gets a new contract when they move up from NXT now?
I don't know. The rumor is the change is, during the pandemic, you do not get a new contact (and thereby a raise) since "main roster" in their mind entails touring and you aren't touring. That they promised them they'd up their contracts when the pandemic ended.

Underpaying people is just as WWE as hyper restrictive contracts for supposed not-employees, so... And as people said, they just moved a guy into for a hatchet job so things are probably going to be interesting following mania.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Or an OnlyFans

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dacap posted:

im pretty sure all the retribution members were getting paid their sub $100k NXT salaries on RAW while StandingUpForWWE on twitter for their Destroy WWE gimmick

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Spiderdrake posted:

But, again, rumors

How would that be possible? Has he somehow been there for 3 years already or did he sign a shorter contract? I don't know how long he's been there but I seriously thought it'd only been a year.

Time is hosed in my brain.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

How would that be possible? Has he somehow been there for 3 years already or did he sign a shorter contract? I don't know how long he's been there but I seriously thought it'd only been a year.

He's been signed since 2018.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

he joined NXT in 2018 and did gently caress all for about 2 years

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pylons posted:

There is literally no reason for him not to just turn up at Raw and go around the locker room talking about unionisation. Well, I suppose he could be worried about sinking his partner's career in a guilt-by-association thing but at this point you'd imagine the WWE have sunk too much into Charlotte for that.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

andrade was a face for like a year after he showed up, right? his first takeover match was against tye dillinger. which iirc was the same show where kenta came back and hit his move on austin aries.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That's loving insane

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If you tweet “Vince McMahon drinks dog piss” they’ll definitely fire you. He should just do that,

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Jesus Amdrade's( Manny) first NXT match was August 2016 (according to cagematch)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

forkboy84 posted:

There is literally no reason for him not to just turn up at Raw and go around the locker room talking about unionisation. Well, I suppose he could be worried about sinking his partner's career in a guilt-by-association thing but at this point you'd imagine the WWE have sunk too much into Charlotte for that.

He'd probably get dumped if that happened.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s so funny reading how long some of these people have been in NXT and then reading that they’ve signed 40 more women and it’s the biggest NXT class in history!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just know they're going to bring Andrade back to TV to convince him to stay by *reads notes* humiliating him

Edit: Oh god they're going to feed him to Nia Jax just like they tried to do Moxley

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Just know they're going to bring Andrade back to TV to convince him to stay by *reads notes* humiliating him

Edit: Oh god they're going to feed him to Nia Jax just like they tried to do Moxley

His last loss was to The Fiend so that's pretty humiliating.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tweet "Vince knew what Benoit did and still gave him the tribute show"

You'll with get sacked or be WHC for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
He should tweet about starting a union.