Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I'm having a weird issue with my game. Yesterday morning I played like normal, but when I went back to the game in the afternoon none of my mods were working. Whenever I load the game, all my saves are in red and it says I can't load them because the mods are missing.

I did some Googling and tried a few things, like unsubbing and re-adding the mods, verifying the game files, etc. I also downloaded Kaedrin's mod manager because a lot of people have had the same issue. Nothing has worked so far.

What's strange is that I tried again just now, with all the same mods active, and started a fresh Tyrion campaign. I saved, exited the game, reloaded and now this new campaign is able to be continued just fine. But all my previous saves are still in red and it says the mods are missing (even though I'm using the same mods as in the Tyrion campaign). I'm at a loss now, because I don't get why my old saves are unavailable yet the game apparently loaded them just fine for the Tyrion one. I even checked to see if the mods were actually in effect in the campaign and they are.

Is there any way I can salvage my old campaigns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

habituallyred posted:

Any advice on what mods to use after completing your first campaign? I already have that community bugfix on lined up, and am seriously considering the tier five growth reversion mod.

If you're wanting to keep it fairly simple, I really like Mixu's line of mods which add a ton of legendary lords and heroes to factions without otherwise changing the game up too much.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042962963/myworkshopfiles/?appid=594570

If you're wanting changes to the factions themselves, I really like Gejnor's mods. Lotta small tweaks and additions that to me at least make each faction a lot more fun to play. I get a lot of use out of the Sons of Sigmar and Khazukan Kazakit ha! mods.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045062335/myworkshopfiles/?appid=594570

After those it's largely a matter of customizing stuff to taste. I have several mods that add complete factions to the game like The Southern Realms and OvN's massive amount of small factions like the halflings, and then just finding mods to change anything about the game that you might find less fun.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Disillusionist posted:

I'm having a weird issue with my game. Yesterday morning I played like normal, but when I went back to the game in the afternoon none of my mods were working. Whenever I load the game, all my saves are in red and it says I can't load them because the mods are missing.

I did some Googling and tried a few things, like unsubbing and re-adding the mods, verifying the game files, etc. I also downloaded Kaedrin's mod manager because a lot of people have had the same issue. Nothing has worked so far.

What's strange is that I tried again just now, with all the same mods active, and started a fresh Tyrion campaign. I saved, exited the game, reloaded and now this new campaign is able to be continued just fine. But all my previous saves are still in red and it says the mods are missing (even though I'm using the same mods as in the Tyrion campaign). I'm at a loss now, because I don't get why my old saves are unavailable yet the game apparently loaded them just fine for the Tyrion one. I even checked to see if the mods were actually in effect in the campaign and they are.

Is there any way I can salvage my old campaigns?

There should be an option in your saves menu in-game labeled "Enable all saves" to allow you to load a save even if you're missing the proper mod loadout. Worst-case it'll crash the game, but if nothing is actually missing it should be fine. I've turned off mods mid-playthrough plenty of times when I decided I wasn't caring for it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Talky posted:

My uncle from CA says the flc lord is Nef-Rat-Rata, a Skaven legendary lord who gives their whole army both the stalk and snipe traits, and gives a +40% offensive ambush chance modifier

But Snikch is already in the game? :confused:

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Flavahbeast posted:

its gonna be Korhil Lionmane vs Skweel Gnawtooth, you can take that to the bank

Would be unironically into korhil being in the game. they need to do all the heros as legendary heroes.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Counts, dwarfs, chaos warriors, and Beastmen are the only game 1 factions without a Vortex campaign now right? Counts and Dwarfs are the only wh1 launch races without a campaign...

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So. Total Warhammer 40k when?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

GoodluckJonathan posted:

So. Total Warhammer 40k when?

If they ever do, I hope they pursue canon accuracy with unit numbers. No space marine unit should have more than 5-8 models in it. Imperial Guard units should have at least two hundred+ models in it (barring their elites and artillery obviously)

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Marines are basically Kroxigors if you think about it.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Private Speech posted:

Marines are basically Kroxigors if you think about it.
The hell did crocodilebois ever do to you that you have to say such horrible things about them?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
The free Legendary Lord is Rakarth. Available March 18th.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 13, 2021

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Counts, dwarfs, chaos warriors, and Beastmen are the only game 1 factions without a Vortex campaign now right? Counts and Dwarfs are the only wh1 launch races without a campaign...

If they went with their previous model of pairing a WH1 race with a WH2 race in each DLC then they're looking at 2 more DLCs before WH3 which seems a bit much. Neferata doesn't seem like she's got a good start position on the Vortex map either, since Lahmia is too far east iirc.

I changed my mind, I hope she makes it in somehow.

E: and maybe the last DLC will be dwarves and VC after all since Rakarth is in.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 13, 2021

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

So I have no idea what they will be doing with the final dlc anymore.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

edit: Vampire Counts DLC? drat kind of hyped now

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 13, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tarquinn posted:

That's great news since it puts dark elves at 6 so they won't be wasting one of the DLC lords on them. I'm really starting to wonder if Beastmen, Dwarfs and VCs will all be in. Only one of the (non-Chaos, which will get its turn) base game races being left out would be kind of weird. Beastmen vs Norsca would be cool too, though I doubt they'd do a chaos vs chaos DLC.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 13, 2021

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
drat I just started my first Dark Elf game. Guess I'll put it on hold until his release.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm guessing we might have a DLC announcement in a couple of weeks then. 3K's latest one just released and need something to fill out the period before Warhammer 3's hype train begins properly.

Unless we're getting another Troy DLC, in which case :lol:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It will be for Attilla

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It will be for Attilla

Hell yeah.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man the new wood elves are fun, just confederating tons of forests, not giving a gently caress who im warring wth, just get outta my forest. obliterating everything with like 15 archer stacks. also i got the insane caster you get when doing yoru first forest rebirth thing and my god shes a machine.

sisters of twilight are insane as a LL as well, just a flying mobile artillery piece, and they seem to shoot from the back while their dragon is in melee which i think is hilarious.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tarquinn posted:

Him?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Spoiler: he's voiced by Mae Whitman after the first turn.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

*wheezing, from creaking palanquin* This name means nothing to me. Summon the Lore Bores

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I dont know anything about this dude but I hope they stick him somewhere interesting, or at least far off from the Canadian dark elf thunder dome.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Chad Jihad posted:

*wheezing, from creaking palanquin* This name means nothing to me. Summon the Lore Bores

He's the best Beastmaster/tamer in Naggarond iirc.

This screenshot has me excited though:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

He's a Beastmaster, really good at taming beasts, and from Karond Kar. Rides a dragon that he just stared down until he tamed it.. That's all I've got.

According to that email thing he gets a Whip of Agony that strips enemy monsters of their Fear/Terror abilities temporarily as well as an armor that gives him buffs when near enemy monsters. Presumably he buffs his own monsters as well. As for his start position, he's technically the Lord of Karond Kar and so could start there, but that's kind of boring since you're still squarely in friendlyish DE territory and wouldn't be too different from a Malekith or Hellebron start in terms of position, except with easier access to Ulthuan. Hopefully he'll be elsewhere like the other DE lords abroad like Lokhir and Malus, may be with a split start like Malus.

He also might get something similar to Imrik or Norscan monster hunts.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 13, 2021

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty hyped about this next dlc. There are a lot of directions they can still go but I'm hoping for vc and dwarves too

Neferata and Mannfred are known political manipulators. Give them some unique diplomacy options. This will let you help manage the heat as pretty much every faction hates vamps

move Grombrindal into his own faction and let him go wild. There are already 2 minor dwarf holds in vortex

Rakarth feels like they belong either far east or in norsca; out hunting beasts

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Ravenfood posted:

He's a Beastmaster, really good at taming beasts, and from Karond Kar. Rides a dragon that he just stared down until he tamed it.. That's all I've got.

According to that email thing he gets a Whip of Agony that strips enemy monsters of their Fear/Terror abilities temporarily as well as an armor that gives him buffs when near enemy monsters. Presumably he buffs his own monsters as well. As for his start position, he's technically the Lord of Karond Kar and so could start there, but that's kind of boring since you're still squarely in friendlyish DE territory and wouldn't be too different from a Malekith or Hellebron start in terms of position, except with easier access to Ulthuan. Maybe he'll be elsewhere like the other DE lords abroad like Lokhir and Malus?

Lustrian Thunderdome, maybe?

Gotta say I wasn't expecting a DE as a FLC. I have no clue what the DLC races are gonna be now, other than that I'm still positive Neferata is coming before game 3.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Can't wait to see Skarsnik laughing at Khazrak when he hears the news.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I want an elf that fights empire

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Devorum posted:

Can't wait to see Skarsnik laughing at Khazrak when he hears the news.

It's actually good news for the Beastmen stans though, because now there's less competition for DLC lord slots. I'm still inclined to think it makes more sense to wait on Beastmen until WH3.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
I have never seen a community so obsessed with predicting what's coming next be so consistently wrong lmao (TW community in general, not just this thread.

It owns how many "Why Cathay will never be in the game" or "Here's why Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdoms HAVE to be the starting factions in TWW3" videos I've seen on youtube

Honestly it feels better not being super brushed up on the lore and the tabletop game since it seems doing so loads up a bunch of expectations and I would way rather just have CA do what they want with the license since versimilitude with TT and "the lore" is like the least important thing to me

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

orangelex44 posted:

It's actually good news for the Beastmen stans though, because now there's less competition for DLC lord slots. I'm still inclined to think it makes more sense to wait on Beastmen until WH3.

honestly as much as it'll upset the beastmen lovers this makes the most sense. There's a huge chaos rework coming and while being separate beastmen are pretty intertwined with it

plus this gives them more time to think about what to do with horde factions in general. As they kinda just exist atm

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

orangelex44 posted:

I absolutely agree. I'm a Beastmen stan and I would much rather they get updated as part of the new game than as the final DLC in this game.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It rules how fifteen minutes after a given dlc release the TW official forums fill up with wild, confident predictions for the next one

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I want an elf that fights empire

:hmmyes:

Have him aiming to raid the Imperial zoo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I disagree about Beastmen, I think they'd be a massive afterthought as part of 3 with the introduction of Real Chaos, while they can be the stars of this upcoming DLC if they're in it. It would be pretty funny to include the Beastmen DLC as part of the free Warhammer games thing in White Dwarf just to give people a piece of poo poo that isn't getting revamped for a long time though.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
While I agree that Beastmen would end up being an afterthought yet again in a game 3 rework, the problem is that to do them justice they might need access to units or mechanics that don't exist in game 2. As per usual they kinda lose either way.

edit: and I don't mean nonexistent as in "would need to be created", I mean crossovers from the Chaos Demons roster that might not make sense to backport into 2.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
like you could make the argument it could be beastmaster vs beastmen but rakarth is the flc. Which afaik are an aside to the actual dlc content

either way from what I've seen the DLC content have mostly been narratively based opposites. Neferata stole Silver Pinnacle from the Dawi and they tend to hold grudges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orangelex44 posted:

While I agree that Beastmen would end up being an afterthought yet again in a game 3 rework, the problem is that to do them justice they might need access to units or mechanics that don't exist in game 2. As per usual they kinda lose either way.

What mechanics? I don't know beastmen at all