Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Bricking long twos is not an improvement Mark!

what about a made basket off a blatant charge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

what about a made basket off a blatant charge?

:lol: there was a second there where Parker Braun was loving balling on both ends.

Always doomed to be a fleeting moment of course, but that was a hilarious way to get back into the game for a bit.

e: thinking about it tall goofy guy who looks like he's about to fall down when he walks but tries and can shoot a little is not the worst college basketball player I can imagine. He might be someone I don't groan when I see if he gets better. He'll need to get the getting better part of that down though.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 13, 2021

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

That was a lot closer than it should've been but whatever, they won

Woo pig :razorback2:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Cade

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Beating the same team 3 times in a year and twice in a row sounds hard but here's hoping we whomp on the nut punchers one last time

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 13, 2021

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
looking forward to watching Wisky and Iowa beat on each other like angry moose for the next two hours

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

predicto posted:

looking forward to watching Wisky and Iowa beat on each other like angry moose for the next two hours

two insanely powerful bums fighting with over a loose dollar in the party store parking lot

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa plays fast and has one of the best offenses of the KenPom era! :mad:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

MourningView posted:

Garza is great, but are you claiming that he isn't physically pounding on people down low like he came from the 1990s Knicks? I'm not saying he is dirty like Wisky

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

predicto posted:

Garza is great, but are you claiming that he isn't physically pounding on people down low like he came from the 1990s Knicks? I'm not saying he is dirty like Wisky

He definitely does but their games are usually pretty fast and high scoring because the offense is good and the defense sucks. Lots of really good shooters and passers

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
At some point Wisconsin will miss a shot again and Iowa will actually make a 3

e: best three point shooting team in the country currently 0-10 very cool

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 13, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
GO IOWA

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HAHAHAHA NICE INBOUND WISCONSIN

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

Iowa of course immediately wins an insanely ugly game on the strength of the D but whatever, get lost you nut punching scrubs

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

Iowa of course immediately wins an insanely ugly game on the strength of the D but whatever, get lost you nut punching scrubs

Is it really a rivalry if you beat them every time?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao that ending

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

MourningView posted:

lmao that ending

somewhere near a golf course Bo Ryan is furious he's never had a missed free throw cause a game-ending replay

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/DavePasch/status/1370612434373767169

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Kirios posted:

Is it really a rivalry if you beat them every time?

*cries in Michigan* Michigan-Ohio State Football used to be such a good rivalry for so many decades, now its just goddamn embarrassing

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hartford cruises to the America East championship and gets their first-ever NCAA bid, congrats *checks wiki* Hawks

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Hell yeah vols, do the needful so the hogs can beat you tomorrow

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Think we need to call off the rest of the B10 tournament and isolate those teams to make sure the contagion of Wisconsin basketball is adequately contained

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Anyone see the ESPN chyron mentioning that Duke could totally play in the Tournament if they were selected?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
this is what I thought tennessee would look like all year, no team with yves pons and keon johnson should be as boring as they have been

I feel really bad for Fulkerson and hope he's okay but also I think him being out might be kinda good for them. They run less the offense through the post and go small with Pons at center which I think is their best lineup.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Norfolk State gonna win the MEAC, their second bid and first since the 2012 team that beat 2-seed Missouri.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1370825346791116809

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1370829997880004610

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edit: drat, tOSU survived

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 13, 2021

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ohio State is so mind boggling to watch. The best team in the country the first 35 minutes of the game and then completely forget how to play for the last 5 minutes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
there's almost a full shot clock left, just run your loving offenses don't just let the 5'9" guy dribble the air out of the ball and then chuck up an awful step back

Ohio State has played the exact same game three times now and somehow is still alive, absolutely baffling run

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Damnit Tennessee you had one job

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Eltoasto posted:

Ohio State is so mind boggling to watch. The best team in the country the first 35 minutes of the game and then completely forget how to play for the last 5 minutes.

Michigan did a version of that in the regular season meeting. Michigan was up big in the last few minutes, but every single trip back tOSU would nail a three and the lead got cut significantly. as Michigan would only make 1-2 free throws.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MourningView posted:

Ohio State has played the exact same game three times now and somehow is still alive, absolutely baffling run

It's wild. I think they will do ok in the tourney up until they face a team with a really good big man, that is their kryptonite.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Imagine not selecting Moody as the SEC player of the year

He has 16 of the Razorbacks 20 points

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The scoring will eventually slow down in this game but it’s 29 24 Hogs with 10:45 to go in the first half. Shots are just falling from everywhere

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Michigan played well enough to keep the #1 seed. If they were blown out, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see them at 2 since they’ll seed based upon injuries.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Not a fan of the Borowski games where either literally everything or absolutely nothing is a foul with no in between.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

The scoring will eventually slow down in this game but it’s 29 24 Hogs with 10:45 to go in the first half. Shots are just falling from everywhere

LSU has not slowed down, on a 14-1 run, Hogs down 38-32. Three points for Arkansas in 6 minutes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I know andre curbelo is not big but if he just runs through a guy and rips the ball away that seems like it should be a foul imo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wichita State should change their names from the shockers to the floppers.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:lol: Smith gets a break away dunk, gets called for traveling, and misses the dunk anyway

Oh and it’s a 1 point game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dunno if it's just goofy shooting background in a giant football stadium but it's unreal how bad Iowa has shot the last two games given what their norm is. Hopefully fixes itself in the tournament (I know it comes back to o and his building eventually but it they make it that far I'll live with it lol)