Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Adding the historical SONY costumes was a very cool idea, making them a limited time only is an incredibly stupid idea that sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wait they will goo away? poo poo. Guess I gotta look into an this poo poo with them, then.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No they are already gone

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yeah IIRC they went away on the 15th

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wait, what'd I miss? Something multiplayer only?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Wait, what'd I miss? Something multiplayer only?

Yeah for a limited time if you logged in, you could just grab a free costume for all four characters that were styled after different PS4 games. Archer got a Horizon Zero Dawn set, Samurai got God of War, Ronin got a loving awesome Bloodborne one, and Assassin got... I think it's a Shadow of The Colossus pack?

Just free stuff! Yay! But limited time! Nay! :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh drat that's cool. I wouldn't have seen them in multiplayer anyway so I don't feel so bad for missing out, though.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Does the multi-player award anything for single player as well? I just got this and I like to play pretty prince dress up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Well that's some bullshit.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

10 Beers posted:

Does the multi-player award anything for single player as well? I just got this and I like to play pretty prince dress up.

Not as in depth I don't think, but there's some good options. I suggest the Kensei outfit, fully upgraded, with the monkey mask

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

10 Beers posted:

I don't think anything in MP gives you anything special in SP.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Didn't think the MP would be this good. I am now at 108 power with my ronin and can speedrun caravan of thieves gold in about 12 minutes with a capable partner. I got the Master Katana which I really like for the stances, as well as the legendary caltrops, which I think aren't that great and a legendary bow, not the good one though.

I will try and attempt the raid this weekend. Anything I should know before I go in? Is it like a longer story mission?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hopper posted:

Didn't think the MP would be this good. I am now at 108 power with my ronin and can speedrun caravan of thieves gold in about 12 minutes with a capable partner. I got the Master Katana which I really like for the stances, as well as the legendary caltrops, which I think aren't that great and a legendary bow, not the good one though.

I will try and attempt the raid this weekend. Anything I should know before I go in? Is it like a longer story mission?

Pretty much. Chapter 1 is an extended mission that combines all the gimmicks from each story. Chapter 2 is "hope you like platforming" Chapter 3 is a boss fight. My recommendation for Ronin is to build a proper revive set and by that I mean grab a ronin charm and a healing flask and roll resolve injury gain on both. With maxed out rolls on each you'll be able to pop off the ultimate revive/regen constantly.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Are you locked out of anything side-quest wise in the post-game of the campaign?

I think I burned myself out doing every little point of interest in the first section of the island, and when that happens for me in a open world game it's time to focus: main story missions, and the side missions that are specifically for important NPCs (Yuna, Lady Adachi, Sensei Ishikawa etc).

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No, you can do everything after you complete the game iirc. The is a hit of stretch where you have to progress the story but afterwards everything is open again. And when you complete it, you get dropped at a temple and can continue playing.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Hopper posted:

If you go in blind prepare yourself for a few hours for each raid. Try not to get frustrated if it takes a while to 'get it' because when clear it, it feels extremely cool.

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat

PlushCow posted:

Are you locked out of anything side-quest wise in the post-game of the campaign?

I think I burned myself out doing every little point of interest in the first section of the island, and when that happens for me in a open world game it's time to focus: main story missions, and the side missions that are specifically for important NPCs (Yuna, Lady Adachi, Sensei Ishikawa etc).

I was in a similar boat, and after clearing the first area I too decided to focus harder on the main story. You'll be fine. In fact, when you finish the story, an NPC will quite literally list out the side missions you haven't done yet.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Hopper posted:

No, you can do everything after you complete the game iirc. The is a hit of stretch where you have to progress the story but afterwards everything is open again. And when you complete it, you get dropped at a temple and can continue playing.

Capn Jobe posted:

I was in a similar boat, and after clearing the first area I too decided to focus harder on the main story. You'll be fine. In fact, when you finish the story, an NPC will quite literally list out the side missions you haven't done yet.

Thanks!

The burnout happens to me in nearly every open world game, even if I slow down and only play on the weekends; once that burnout line is crossed I hardly ever can go back. After Assassin's Creed Origins years ago now I still can't look at AC Odyssey or Valhalla yet.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just encountered the most annoying bugs breaking 3 rounds of nightmare survival. First the game didn't progress after round 24, and in the next game the 3 last enemies in round 25 were invincible and non reactive and the game after that round 24 didn't end with one defense point blinking endlessly though all enemies were gone.

This was me playing over the course of the day at 11 am then around 3.30 pm and then around midnight so this doesn't seem like a short term server hiccup.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've had the wave glitching out and not progressing issue before. Only once, though.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I got my platinum a couple weeks ago and am in the middle of my NG+, so forgive me if this is an issue that's already been discussed in this long thread.

I played about 3/4 of my first game in Normal difficulty then bumped it to Hard through the end. Hard+ hasn't been that bad -- except for the duels. I've been getting my rear end kicked, usually needing a dozen or more tries. So I wanted to see if there were armor/charm builds that would give me a bit of help. Instead, I found a build a guy came up with that completely breaks the game, duels and otherwise.

I'm curious if anyone has used a build like that. After wrecking a couple of missions, I'm thinking that I'll only use it for duels, not because I think it's cheating (it's not) but because it takes the fun out of the game. There's a place for god mode, but the combat and stealth are so fun I don't know how people could use it for the whole game.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I got my platinum a couple weeks ago and am in the middle of my NG+, so forgive me if this is an issue that's already been discussed in this long thread.

I played about 3/4 of my first game in Normal difficulty then bumped it to Hard through the end. Hard+ hasn't been that bad -- except for the duels. I've been getting my rear end kicked, usually needing a dozen or more tries. So I wanted to see if there were armor/charm builds that would give me a bit of help. Instead, I found a build a guy came up with that completely breaks the game, duels and otherwise.

I'm curious if anyone has used a build like that. After wrecking a couple of missions, I'm thinking that I'll only use it for duels, not because I think it's cheating (it's not) but because it takes the fun out of the game. There's a place for god mode, but the combat and stealth are so fun I don't know how people could use it for the whole game.

I have not but I'm interested in seeing what it is, I like breaking games and I lost to tadayori so loving many times that even after I did finally beat it, my guy said "ah, Tadayori's rest" when the game loaded for the rest of the day

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I would usually switch to a massive damage up/health up build for duels, when my usual tactic for the main game is to make people as spooped as possible whenever I do any aggressive action.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 1, 2021

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

I have not but I'm interested in seeing what it is, I like breaking games and I lost to tadayori so loving many times that even after I did finally beat it, my guy said "ah, Tadayori's rest" when the game loaded for the rest of the day

Here it is. It relies on building resolve faster than you can spend it, which means you can spam Heavenly Strike against everything. And when I say "spam" it, I don't mean you can use it more than you normally do, I'm talking using nothing but Heavenly Strike. I took out two villages and had to hit health a couple of times maybe. It's like there's an "Ungodly Massacre" button with no limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zptY7cpiRC4

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Here it is. It relies on building resolve faster than you can spend it, which means you can spam Heavenly Strike against everything. And when I say "spam" it, I don't mean you can use it more than you normally do, I'm talking using nothing but Heavenly Strike. I took out two villages and had to hit health a couple of times maybe. It's like there's an "Ungodly Massacre" button with no limits.

I'll make sure to, uh, avoid using this, so the game isn't too easy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The special Resolve super attacks like Dance of Fury or Heaven’s Wrath just break the duels on every difficulty except for the very last one. Even (or especially?) on Lethal, the one that’s just a 3 strike anime-style dash usually puts any opponent at like 25% health left if all 3 moves hit.

It got to the point where I would try every duel normally with blocks and parries and then just cheese it with super moves when I got frustrated.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I love this game. I can't stop playing. When I am not playing, I'm thinking of playing.

I don't think I've ever played a game where just wandering around is as satisfying. Game is gorgeous.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I've managed to stick to my self promise to not use the infinite Heavenly Strike build except for duels (gently caress you Ryuzo). Now I'm having fun with an infinite Focus and arrows archery build. I like it because it has a bit of god mode feel but unlike the HS build, you still have to aim (for head-shots), so it doesn't feel quite as cheaty. Basically, through the right combo of armor and charms making head-shots consistently allows you to stay in Focus indefinitely and end up with no net loss or even a gain in arrows when it's all over.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwejIk8Rs4w

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Waltzing Along posted:

I love this game. I can't stop playing. When I am not playing, I'm thinking of playing.

I don't think I've ever played a game where just wandering around is as satisfying. Game is gorgeous.

Yes.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Been using this like mad and it's awesome, especially with the "make combat insanely violent" charm. I'm missing one of the charms that refills my resolve and it's still basically unstoppable, the only difference is I just have to block every once in a while.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 13, 2021

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

Been using this like mad and it's awesome, especially with the "make combat insanely violent" charm. I'm missing one of the charms that refills my resolve and it's still basically unstoppable, the only difference is I just have to block every once in a while.

Oh no, you failed to avoid using it! You must be very disappointed in yourself.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Oh no, you failed to avoid using it! You must be very disappointed in yourself.

I have no honor. I just saw that archer build you posted too, thank you for figuring these out!

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

I have no honor. I just saw that archer build you posted too, thank you for figuring these out!

All credit to the people who made those videos. I just stumbled upon them. Glad you are having fun! I'm using the archery one quite a bit, lots of fun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It rains way too loving much. I'm in the 2nd act and it's just rain rain rain. Everything looks like poo poo as a result. The devs really needed to think about what they did. Make a great looking land to explore and then pile poo poo on top of it constantly to make it annoying. Good job!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I used the flute to change the weather quite a bit because of the number of storms.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

It rains way too loving much. I'm in the 2nd act and it's just rain rain rain. Everything looks like poo poo as a result. The devs really needed to think about what they did. Make a great looking land to explore and then pile poo poo on top of it constantly to make it annoying. Good job!

It rains more the more ghost stuff you do. Unless this was a joke in which case I'm an idiot.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Waltzing Along posted:

i forget if they explicit say in game somewhere, but if you play your flute it will change the weather

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

It rains more the more ghost stuff you do. Unless this was a joke in which case I'm an idiot.

This was such a crazy revelation.

Me [rapid-firing death vomit darts into people]: Ugh why is it so goddamn rainy all the time

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Captain Beans posted:

i forget if they explicit say in game somewhere, but if you play your flute it will change the weather

I think it's in the description of the flute when you go to your little load out screen

Captain Hygiene posted:

This was such a crazy revelation.

Me [rapid-firing death vomit darts into people]: Ugh why is it so goddamn rainy all the time

This i had no idea about, is it always pretty sunny for me because I keep dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I think the weather defaults to your flute choice when you load in. It at least it felt like that was happening for me.