Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

DAL/CBJ had no PIMs for either team. Anybody know the last time that happened?

2011 ECF Game 7.

Edit: Arizona at Florida, March 23rd 2017.

Hockey References tools suck now.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

2011 ECF Game 7.

Edit: Arizona at Florida, March 23rd 2017.

Hockey References tools suck now.

The last time is actually much more recent. February 25, Sens/Flames.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Toronto and Columbus had at least one and maybe two games last season without any penalties so it wasn't even that long ago for a game involving the Blue Jackets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilza posted:

The last time is actually much more recent. February 25, Sens/Flames.

I guess they don't include the current season.

Hockey Reference sucks now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens played down to Buffalo, but Sabres aren't good and DeSmith had a fantastic game.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lolleafs

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So the Leafs play two excellent games against Winnipeg where Hellebuyck gets the Jets 3 points anyway, then when the Jets sit him the Leafs play their worst game in two weeks and poo poo the bed hard.

Which was to be expected, I guess.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1370929882604171269

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

So the Leafs play two excellent games against Winnipeg where Hellebuyck gets the Jets 3 points anyway, then when the Jets sit him the Leafs play their worst game in two weeks and poo poo the bed hard.

It has been a rather irritating set of five games. Hopefully they beat the poo poo out of Ottawa tomorrow and then take the week off to recover.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1370910865822785537?s=20

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

It has been a rather irritating set of five games. Hopefully they beat the poo poo out of Ottawa tomorrow and then take the week off to recover.

My money is they come out flat as hell and win or lose Ottawa runs all over them but we shall see

Full credit to the Jets they committed to the neutral zone and the Leafs didn’t have anywhere near the opportunities they had the first two games

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Just lol at that bench minor. Don't need to be good at lip reading to know why he got it.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

xzzy posted:

Just lol at that bench minor. Don't need to be good at lip reading to know why he got it.

The game was over once the call was made so if Keefe had to get it off his chest I don’t mind, doesn’t make a difference. The replay is hilarious for how obvious and specific it is

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This might be the worst Sabres team ever?

lol that their Power Play is non-functional without Jack.

Fire Ralph Krueger

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jack Eichel broke a rib right before the season started, missed the first four days of training camp and played the whole season hurt but still managed to put up 2-16-18 in 21 games and play better defensively than in any other season. And somehow there are people who think the team’s struggles are his fault! I can’t blame him for having a tough time being a motivational leader in the middle of a pandemic with an incompetent coach and while his entire career has been steeped in a culture of failure.

Anyway I hate (that I love) the Sabres.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
It's beautiful

https://twitter.com/RobTheHockeyGuy/status/1370955628479356930?s=09

Edit: the overheard is great too

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status/1370956092235116546?s=19

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

That might very well be the stupidest goal I've seen this season

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You can't push the goalie into the net to score, but apparently you can push the entire goddamn team in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kilza posted:

That might very well be the stupidest goal I've seen this season

In a season with its fair share of stupid goals.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Good stuff.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

xzzy posted:

You can't push the goalie into the net to score, but apparently you can push the entire goddamn team in.

Yes, yes you can.

That was more entertaining than a penalty shot anyway.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
That game was funny.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Not quite the same stupidity as the Grossman goal, but still very solidly stupid.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Does Boston suck now, what the hell?

:psyduck:

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Yes, they lost a game so according to the sports fan thought process they are dogshit garbage.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Koth posted:

Yes, they lost a game so according to the sports fan thought process they are dogshit garbage.

This but unironically

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Edit: poo poo I’m dumb, read the score wrong.

Since the Tom Wilson hit, they’re 1/4 with two losses by shutouts. Not as bad as I thought it was, but probably not a good trend either.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 14, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Edit: poo poo I’m dumb, read the score wrong.

Since the Tom Wilson hit, they’re 1/4 with two losses by shutouts. Not as bad as I thought it was, but probably not a good trend either.

2 of the losses were 1-0 and 2-1 SO too so that’s all offense.

But then the 1 win is 4-0.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 14, 2021

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
But the one win was against the rangers

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Thatcher Demko is gonna convince Benning to buy again

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1371129419918639110
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1371129540873969665

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Hallelujah!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Is it known why everyone hates Oskar Sundqvist so much? I don't know if he's a low key cheap shot artist or what but every single time I watch the Blues guys are going out of their way to take runs at him like 6 times a game.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

:emptyquote:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is it known why everyone hates Oskar Sundqvist so much? I don't know if he's a low key cheap shot artist or what but every single time I watch the Blues guys are going out of their way to take runs at him like 6 times a game.

No idea why. It's probably partially his playstyle (he's willing to go to the dirty areas), but it's also partially Tom Wilson being a dickhead.

Look for the Blues to drop below LA in the coming weeks as their remaining schedule seems to be almost exclusively Vegas, Colorado, and Minnesota

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Whoa, I guess this means they’re happy with Hajek?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mike_V posted:

No idea why. It's probably partially his playstyle (he's willing to go to the dirty areas), but it's also partially Tom Wilson being a dickhead.

Look for the Blues to drop below LA in the coming weeks as their remaining schedule seems to be almost exclusively Vegas, Colorado, and Minnesota

It's far from just Tom Wilson. It's like everyone turns into Tom Wilson when they spot a chance to injure Sundqvist. There are lots of guys who Get Dirty and piss off opponents (Patric Hornqvist leaps to mind) that don't have opponents repeatedly trying to kill them in practically every game. It's really weird. Maybe he's a world class trash talker but I feel like we'd have heard about that by now.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Jovial Cow posted:

Whoa, I guess this means they’re happy with Hajek?
Maybe. But also could be just cap/roster fuckery:

https://twitter.com/HockeyStatMiner/status/1371143329392570369?s=20

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/CBJcoverage/status/1371154675467231232

Is this good? The internet tells me he's a top Cawlidge Hockey free agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

College FAs are very unpredictable but also basically free.