Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

:lol: Smith gets a break away dunk, gets called for traveling, and misses the dunk anyway

Oh and it’s a 1 point game

Haven’t made a basket in like 9 minutes now lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The Hogs throwing away winnable games is something I should be used to by now but sucks every time

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

!!!!!!

e: or not

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 13, 2021

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

!!!!!!

e: or not

Hogs gon Hog

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

So many turnovers in both SEC semis today.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ah well, 2 seed is fine. Can't shoot that bad and beat a great team. Wish I had a clue what happened on that out of bounds call they reversed way after the fact just as Iowa was starting to get some momentum

please stop playing basketball games in football stadiums

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 13, 2021

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Georgetown's got 20 minutes not to gently caress up as badly as Creighton did in the first half

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Looks like Georgetown is gonna steal a bid

Memphis too

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 14, 2021

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Creighton right now is 9-37 on FGs, 2-17 just on 3s, and 1-6 from the line. Woof. (Oh and one Creighton player is 5-6, so without him the whole team is 4-31 on the day.)

Houston-Memphis got good though.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

elentar posted:

Creighton right now is 9-37 on FGs, 2-17 just on 3s, and 1-6 from the line. Woof. (Oh and one Creighton player is 5-6, so without him the whole team is 4-31 on the day.)

Houston-Memphis got good though.

They just gotta keep both feet on the plantation.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Memphis couldn't get it done, so it's only Cincy that can steal a bid in the AAC with a win tomorrow.

edit: UNT started out the C-USA final on a 17-0 run

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 14, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Go UNT! Win the thing you kinda...won last year due to COVID cancelling everything. Complete the dang season.:shobon:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

This Georgia Tech-FSU game is bad.

And Josh Pastner looks like a goof in his face visor.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That dunk by Usher was filthy

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia Tech winning the ACC should be framed and put on a wall in every school as a permanent reminder of just how lovely the conference was this year.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

I bet Tinkle’s Beavers will prove too much for these Buff Men

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

edit: UNT started out the C-USA final on a 17-0 run

since this point UNT has been outscored 48-26 and now they're probably gonna lose

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Georgia Tech winning the ACC should be framed and put on a wall in every school as a permanent reminder of just how lovely the conference was this year.

hope GT signs Pastner to a long extension based off one fluke year and then he just does the Paul Hewitt coast into obscurity thing all over again

elentar posted:

since this point UNT has been outscored 48-26 and now they're probably gonna lose

they recovered to send it to overtime, and may yet win. what an odd game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cmon UNT, I'm losing my mind

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
This UNT/WKU game is absurd

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn: UNT DID A THING :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Abilene Christian now bombing Nicholls.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Grand Canyon looks like they're gonna punch their first ticket, Bryce Drew doing a good job trying to salvage his career.

edit: Oregon State giving Colorado a game, might steal that bid yet.

elentar fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 14, 2021

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
Bill Walton is Bill waltoning himself at a tremendous level for the osu cu game

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Slip posted:

Bill Walton is Bill waltoning himself at a tremendous level for the osu cu game

https://twitter.com/Blutman27/status/1370968480594288641

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bid has been stolen.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Colgate might actually be pretty good, tough to say since they've only played in conference this year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

Colgate might actually be pretty good, tough to say since they've only played in conference this year.

I don't think anyone thinks they're awful or something just that their NET rating is very funny. But it's also easy to explain why their NET is goofy and I think you can be fine with NET generally while also recognizing that this season caused it to produce a weird result, so the controversy over it is very dumb. They can throw out the Colgate result without deciding that NET as a whole is bad (though it kinda is, but at least it's not RPI)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
SEC title game ruled. Alabama is so fun

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell of an ending in the SEC Championship game. With that Alabama locks up the 2 seed. We've now got four teams looking to secure the last #2.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Imagining the relief for the committee as now they can discard the janky ill-thought-out bracket they were hurriedly taping together to wedge LSU in, and get back to the janky ill-thought-out bracket more like we've come to expect.

edit: as noted in the very next response, this was wrong and you should disregard my janky ill-thought-out post

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 14, 2021

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

elentar posted:

Imagining the relief for the committee as now they can discard the janky ill-thought-out bracket they were hurriedly taping together to wedge LSU in, and get back to the janky ill-thought-out bracket more like we've come to expect.

Eh? LSU's gonna be like a 7 or 8 seed. They were a lock regardless.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Kirios posted:

Eh? LSU's gonna be like a 7 or 8 seed. They were a lock regardless.

Hmm. Now I want to run back that line of thought in my brain and see where it started from, but I think it's gone forever.

The best thing about ADHD is you're never short of surprises (except mostly they're real bad ones)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

St. Bonaventure won the A-10. Bonnies are real good, will be underseeded, will cause problems, and also it looks like they might bring this entire team back next year.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Jesus, Illinois is just clowning on everyone lately.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
ohio state will NOT blow a big lead today

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

this turned into a pretty great game though

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This Washington guy for Ohio State is balling out, goddamn. Big balls on that 3 by Ayo and an answer.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This is a good game. Would have preferred the curb stomping we saw at the beginning to continue, but it is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

that block by lidell!