Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh if people are interested the IRS status checker is already up.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

17th for me. I mean I’d love for it to have been Friday or Saturday for massive combined pay and stimulus check deposit to look at, but eh I’ll live.

Same.

I already filed my taxes. In 19, I would have qualified for a reduced payment, but in 20 (due to my wife not working as much) I made under any reduced payments.

I'll be curious to see which one I get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

No info for me, although I did get my tax return today. :sad:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh if people are interested the IRS status checker is already up.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

17th for me. I mean I’d love for it to have been Friday or Saturday for massive combined pay and stimulus check deposit to look at, but eh I’ll live.

access denied when I give it my info :sad:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
My status isn’t available, but I’m hoping it’s just because I submitted just a few days ago

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
My mom fell into a case where she was *never* owed money by the IRS, so I put her info in after Stimulus #1 and the website has her information for this one. No posting date yet on bidenbux.

Meanwhile, a bit more context to the American AstraZeneca-Oxford stockpile:

https://twitter.com/WHCOS/status/1370907029259304965

Multiple millions of doses ain't much for what we now have the capability to immediately shoot into arms. A big development is that the shots-into-deltoids component of US capacity is probably more advanced than expected. The American AZ-O stockpile will get used up quick once the data is back and the feds might know when that data's expected (without rushing it like Donnie dumbass tried).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grip it and rip it posted:

gently caress the Bobbies

Don't do this because they won't have to pay child support

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's the 17th for me too, which is fine because that's my birthday. Thanks Diamond Joe!

All New Sonic
Nov 7, 2012

& KNUCKLES
Buglord

RFC2324 posted:

access denied when I give it my info :sad:

Same thing happened to me. Refreshing the "access denied" page and letting it resend the info should fix it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Godholio posted:

Just got reimbursed for my out-of-pocket costs for covid back in August. Thanks, Cigna.

My wife had surgery in December, but had a procedure in...August or September that we got told was $1200 out of pocket. Thankfully we had it, and paid it.

In January we got the letter from insurance showing all of our bills from the year, hers between surgery and other poo poo totaled like 240k for the year. Surgery alone was somewhere around 220k, with 160k taken off immediately just for having insurance, and it broke down to our bill being right around 1400 between copay for surgery and separate anesthesia charge.

Couple weeks ago she sees an $1142 deposit in her account, from the hospital. Insurance has no idea why, and it was coded as a refund. Finally gets ahold of the hospital.

"Oh, yeah. That money is yours, the file is closed and final amount is zero, thats what we owed you."
"Yes, but from what?"
"Oh, from *first procedure.* we billed you 1200 and it should have been $72 out of pocket."

Aaaaaaameeeeerrrriiiiicaaaaaa

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The “insurance discount” is the actual cost of your care. Hospital bills have a built in 3-5x multiplier on costs to gently caress people over.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I never pay a medical bill until they start calling me directly because by that point the total cost has changed like 3-4 times at minimum.

If they're gonna just make poo poo up I'll wait.

So far this has never been reported for a credit score etc.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mr. Nice! posted:

The “insurance discount” is the actual cost of your care. Hospital bills have a built in 3-5x multiplier on costs to gently caress people over.

Yeah, I never had insurance (well, past age 10 anyway when my dad died) until the navy and these last 4yrs is my first time dealing with regular insurance so this is all just mind boggling to me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, I never had insurance (well, past age 10 anyway when my dad died) until the navy and these last 4yrs is my first time dealing with regular insurance so this is all just mind boggling to me.

Have you ever heard of the term "balance billing?" This is where hospitals in some states will take the insurance payment for the actual costs of your visit off of the bullshit price, and then send you a bill for the remainder.

Almost 2/3 of all personal bankruptcies in the USA are in large part because of our glorious free market healthcare system.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I was linked this video, and it’s an accurate and infuriating indictment of the American system.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Platystemon posted:

I was linked this video, and it’s an accurate and infuriating indictment of the American system.

Shorter version,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNli_3J_fk

Your video is good, I just saw an excuse to post this bit and went for it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s not exactly this. Insurance and hospitals bargain over the prices set for services and medications used during an admission. The bargained price they agree upon is purposefully 3-5x higher than actual cost price because they know ahead of time that they’re only covering a lower amount of a bill. I’m really bad at explaining this but the inflated price is sort of a fake price that they all know doesn’t mean much. But also, every insurance company covers a different amount of that inflated fake price, and sometimes people have to pay for it all out of pocket, and sometimes people don’t pay at all and the hospital eats the cost (imagine how that inflated price leads to more tax write off kickback down the road when the hospital eats the cost..) And because of all that variance the inflated price sort of helps average it all out. Basically it’s totally loving stupid.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the USA is stupid beyond any words. it only makes sense here if I remember the country exists to grind as many people to dust to enrich a few while simultaneously making those being ground down believe one day they're going to be the grinder. and that's pretty depressing. oh well it's march in CA better start watching out for jew fire lazers

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I had to pay 250 bucks this week to spend 5 minutes with a doctor so he could prescribe a statin.i haven't met my deductible yet this year, so everything is full price until I hit that 1500 threshold. That's on top of the 350 a month I pay for insurance. It was my first appt. to see a Dr. In a few years and now I remember why I don't go to the doctor, and why most Americans don't have regular healthcare.

Our medical system loving rules.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The big thing to remember with those inflated hospital prices is that they are meant to be haggled over. If you get a giant absurd bill you can, instead of just paying, call them up and say the bill is absurd and you aren't paying, but you might go as high a $10 and a bottlecap, and they will counter that you are taking food out of their poor starving children's mouths(this is a lie, but not an indication of poor character as this is just part of negotiations) so you need to counter that they are charging enough to impoverish you and your poor pregnant wife(again, an acceptable lie un this scenario!). After several rounds of this, you should come to an equitable price

Or they will refuse to fill your medication til you pay their inflated price because they hold all the power in that interaction

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/paulmcleary/status/1371136159330533376?s=19

Whenever I see Jack come up I remind people that just because someone works in intelligence doesn't mean they have intelligence

Also his highlight was Urinalysis Coordinator

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/paulmcleary/status/1371136159330533376?s=19

Whenever I see Jack come up I remind people that just because someone works in intelligence doesn't mean they have intelligence

Also his highlight was Urinalysis Coordinator

Piss analyst

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

That Works posted:

Piss analyst

I didn't know you knew what my supervisor called me as an IS3

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Shorter version,

Can you not post videos of me doing stand-up? Thanks

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My mom would book as many appointments as possible as soon as the new year hit so that she could hit her deductible as fast as possible and I think that’s the only time I’ve heard of anyone going to the doctor for financial reasons.

I haven’t dealt with health insurance thank god but I still don’t know why she does that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElMaligno posted:

Can you not post videos of me doing stand-up? Thanks

I'm sorry, but apparently being both a poster from PR and also apparently a Jewish white dude from Rosewell, Georgia...kind of requires you to do a routine about it.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM202BVLf78
same

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I'm sorry, but apparently being both a poster from PR and also apparently a Jewish white dude from Rosewell, Georgia...kind of requires you to do a routine about it.

Its an inside Joke when someone photoshopped my face into this dude's body.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

ElMaligno posted:

That was a photoshop?

Huge if true!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I also made a stencil and used it as PCB art :ssh:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1370865544438616079?s=20

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

on one hand, gently caress the sens

on the other hand, gently caress the sens

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MA-Horus posted:

on one hand, gently caress the sens

on the other hand, gently caress the sens

:same:

Still though...

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

maffew buildings posted:

the USA is stupid beyond any words. it only makes sense here if I remember the country exists to grind as many people to dust to enrich a few while simultaneously making those being ground down believe one day they're going to be the grinder. and that's pretty depressing. oh well it's march in CA better start watching out for jew fire lazers

I have it on good authority (YouTube) that the navy is putting both railguns AND lazers on their warships and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if test firing them in the general direction of Nancy Pelosi set off a wildfire here and there.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Fareed is very concerned about kids and the border. Why? Because the fact that Biden’s admin is not outright denying asylum and leaving kids in Mexico or kicking them out in paper before ever allowing them to cross the border means, gasp, more people and children are attempting asylum in the USA.

https://twitter.com/amymaldonadolaw/status/1370929768749748224?s=21

There’s this kind of dumbass space that exists in the discourse where twitter seems to think Biden et al ran out to find and round up kids to throw them in cages and conservatives are furious that our poor law enforcement has to deal with greater immigrant numbers because of a combo of the pandemic partially reigned in and an administration that is not straight up sating they’ll deny access illegally if need be.

More people (and children) seeing the USA as desirous is good! But if we’re gonna pat ourselves on the back for emerald city on a hill poo poo, maybe the waiting area of the city shouldn’t suck and look like a jail or FOB.

For those who just say “borders should not exist, full stop” sure. That’s an ideologically consistent take.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Idk, it sure feels like the State only exists to siphon money from individuals into the pockets of arms industrialists and their enablers

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1370873282824667136

Setting aside the topic of degree requirements for officers - one of the main themes of Hillbilly Elegy is that, generally speaking, things would be better if people weren't petty, small-minded shitheads. Thus I'm a little surprised that he's advocating for military leadership to be more petty, small-minded shitheads.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Is this all still because of that little Tucker Carlson weiner?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Setting aside the topic of degree requirements for officers - one of the main themes of Hillbilly Elegy is that, generally speaking, things would be better if people weren't petty, small-minded shitheads. Thus I'm a little surprised that he's advocating for military leadership to be more petty, small-minded shitheads.

I'm not, that rear end in a top hat works for Peter Thiel.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The two messages I got from that movie was that we abandoned the working appalacian people and condemed them to a life of poverty and drug abuse. Also the only way to escape that hellscape was to completely abandon your family and adopt the culture of the ruling class.

Also in the movie at least his character says something about finding the term "redneck" dismissive and offense which is pretty loving "woke".

Or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
JD Vance is proudly pro-Trump, pro-Ingram, pro-Limbaugh. He loves petty assholery as long as it’s his side.

He will ocassionally make a broken clock statement like “maybe infrastructure should not suck” or “it’d be nice if single income households were viable.”

His stance on immigration is that it’s hosed up that kids are in detention centers because the kids and families should have remained so terrified to come to the US that they’d never have shown up.