Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Interregnum
The second ruler in living memory to die on the throne, Cleon I's last months were spent distant from the public halls, with his mind captivated by philophical and theological questions. His reign has been ripe with new opportunities, discoveries and mysteries. Nonetheless, he will probably be remembered as a somber and at times even joyless King by the common people, especially after his decision to cancel the highly anticipated RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE that was being organized to celebrate the discovery of the Golden Temple.

We still have some time to decide on the name for the new Ruler, as no option at the moment has a big advantage.
  • King Blythe II is leading.
  • King Cleon II is tied with
  • King Harald VI as a contender.

:siren::siren::siren:
You have 24h to vote for the new Ruler name and to submit your tiered Hidden Agenda preferences!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Someday, a king who's "The Miserly" is going to come up, and we're all going to be very, very surprised.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

King Cleon II makes sense given the last story card.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Bellmaker posted:

King Cleon II makes sense given the last story card.

Agreed. Cleon Junior!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

Someday, a king who's "The Miserly" is going to come up, and we're all going to be very, very surprised.

Seriously, who proposed the generous and why? Cleon I was a lot of things but his accomplishments came at the cost of squeezing welfare, not wealth.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

Seriously, who proposed the generous and why? Cleon I was a lot of things but his accomplishments came at the cost of squeezing welfare, not wealth.

Nobody did, but at this point it was kind of a given title to the royal line of Ankist - given that all the other rulers were proposed as "The Generous" :v:

EDIT: actually, I thought it was a meme, but it looks like Blythe I was in fact NOT Generous...so I'll remove it from Cleon I's portrait.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 14, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Considering Cleon I's cancelling of quite a few large, expensive, public events (or at least his getting credit for those decisions). I'm now of the headcanon that the Marriage between the Enkhali Princess and the House of Cyfoeth was entirely arranged and funded without the King's direct input, mostly since its clear Cleon I would not have have allowed such an expensive event like a marriage of royals to take place.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

scavy131 posted:

Considering Cleon I's cancelling of quite a few large, expensive, public events (or at least his getting credit for those decisions). I'm now of the headcanon that the Marriage between the Enkhali Princess and the House of Cyfoeth was entirely arranged and funded without the King's direct input, mostly since its clear Cleon I would not have have allowed such an expensive event like a marriage of royals to take place.
Listen, you can get married at the local Michael D. Inn. I even have coupons for Ye Olde Filet'o'fish.
- Cleon I, probably.

EDIT: to be fair, he was the first Ruler in recent memory to get the Kingdom's finance out of the red.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That Italian Guy posted:

Nobody did, but at this point it was kind of a given title to the royal line of Ankist - given that all the other rulers were proposed as "The Generous" :v:

EDIT: actually, I thought it was a meme, but it looks like Blythe I was in fact NOT Generous...so I'll remove it from Cleon I's portrait.

It was a meme, and I did consider proposing it. But maybe not here is best :v:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
At this point it can safely be assumed that any ruler not known as "the generous" was a complete and utter miser, just by the omission.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

That Italian Guy posted:

Replace it with "The Surveyor".

Also, I vote for Queen Thymeris as our next ruler.

This gal right here:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

TravelLog posted:

This gal right here:

I like this idea

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, that's a nice look.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

TravelLog posted:

This gal right here:

Yeah, I know we've been voting on Kings, so if the kings win the vote, definitely have Queen Thymeris be next in line.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Thymeris I, Dilemma 1

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

(P:9, C:13)
- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Slaan (also Treasurer)
(P:9, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono
- Treasurer/Navigator: C...
(P:8, C:11)
- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)
(P:9, C:12)
- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Oblivion4568238 (also Treasurer)
(P:8, C:8)
- Sitting Councilmember: megane
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

House Lethe has decided to assign the Agenda to House Daucus! House Daucus has also received 2 Coins.

Dilemma1 posted:

Stakes:

Resources:

There currently are 21 cards in the Dilemma deck.
Active Event(s)

The Joust 2 Event card has been returned to the deck and shuffled in.
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 15, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think you linked the wrong resource tracks image.

Sitting councilmember

I don't think House Gambol cares either way? If some fools want to chase foolish endeavours we'll neither encourage nor legally discourage them.
Of course, we could be incentivized to properly care for the outcome.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

:doh: I did, here's the correct one:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

That Italian Guy posted:

(P:9, C:13)
- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Slaan (also Treasurer)
(P:9, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono
- Treasurer/Navigator: C...
(P:8, C:11)
- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)
(P:9, C:12)
- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Oblivion4568238 (also Treasurer)
(P:8, C:8)
- Sitting Councilmember: megane
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

House Lethe has decided to assign the Agenda to House Daucus! House Daucus has also received 2 Coins.

I may be slightly confused. I understand that House Lethe completed a house-achievement so they can assign a negative Chronicle to someone else for 2 coins, however do they still also keep the negative sticker as well, or is the negative agenda permanently sent to someone else?

So when House Lethe uses their ability, are we temporarily making an additional Negative Agenda sticker for that reign or are they actually transferring ownership of the Negative Agenda?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

scavy131 posted:

I may be slightly confused. I understand that House Lethe completed a house-achievement so they can assign a negative Chronicle to someone else for 2 coins, however do they still also keep the negative sticker as well, or is the negative agenda permanently sent to someone else?

So when House Lethe uses their ability, are we temporarily making an additional Negative Agenda sticker for that reign or are they actually transferring ownership of the Negative Agenda?

No I forgot to remove it from House Lethe's report :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm so glad House Lethe is finally paying us for something! :v:

PS: I like the idea of us being paid for more things. Our vote this round, for example...

Quackles fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 15, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sod off, we're the ones that people should bribe to vote :v:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Senator

Well this seems like a fine ruckus. Either we support these insanely expensive expeditions and posterity will remember us poorly for it, or we don't give credence to tales of still further wonder and have dashed the hopes of the smallfolk for adventure.

It looks like Her Majesty, Queen Thymeris I, long may she reign, may get the early opportunity to take after her father in terms of crown policy.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Queen-Whisperer

Man, I want to know what benefit the tribune thinks they and/or the people the represent are going to get out of this. We found the shell of one city after an insane amount of effort and with at least a trail to follow. Combine that with the cartographical skills on display in the kingdom at large (present company excluded) and I can't see a reason to vote Aye.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Foreperson

Does this have anything to do with making money, making love or making a pool full of money to make love in to show how rich and loved we are?

No? The opposite of making money, you say?

Doesn't sound like something House Pinchay would support. I'm going back to my money bathhouse and mistress. Not worth my time.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sighence posted:

Queen-Whisperer
Combine that with the cartographical skills on display in the kingdom at large (present company excluded) and I can't see a reason to vote Aye.

My proposal to fire all the royal cartographers is still on the table, you know?

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Omobono posted:

My proposal to fire all the royal cartographers is still on the table, you know?

Unfortunately that's not the current dilemma placed before the council, or you'd already have support.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Slaan posted:

Foreperson
Doesn't sound like something House Pinchay would support. I'm going back to my money bathhouse and mistress. Not worth my time.

Navigator
Is there a comma missing between money and bathhouse, or is it a Scrooge McDuck situation?
Either way - room for one more?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Money bathhouse. A bathhouse with pools full of money

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Slaan posted:

Money bathhouse. A bathhouse with pools full of money

Pinchay drafted “Opulent”, got it. :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

You don't need an agenda to enjoy the finest things in life.
(But yeah, they're totally Opulent)

Editor's note: we were first to pick, we got no clue who has what.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Quackles posted:

Seems more greedy to me :colbert:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sighence posted:

Combine that with the cartographical skills on display in the kingdom at large (present company excluded) and I can't see a reason to vote Aye.

Y'know, if you wanted us to chime in and vote Nay, we could probably do it.
Make a proposal if you're interested...

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Foreperson

Here is an offer then. Give House Pinchay 2 coins and we will vote Nay with 1 power

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Not that kind of proposal. :cheeky: Ones where someone pays us to vote.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Its open to anyone to take

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Thymeris I, Dilemma 1, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 10)
Gains 1 Coins (current: 14). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 14.

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 10)
Gains 1 Coins (current: 11). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 11.

Votes Pass and become Moderator
Gains 0 Power (current: 8)
Bets 2 Coins (current: 12). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 12.

Gains 0 Power (current: 9)
Bets 2 Coins (current: 12). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 13.

Gains 0 Power (current: 8)
Bets 2 Coins (current: 9). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 9.
We have a triple tie for Moderator! Since there may or may not be an indecision on "what side wins", I'll stop the update here and we'll proceed with a mod tiebreaker bid. Also for the future, I'd like to automate this if the thread agrees: If there is a Moderator bid tie, the House with most current Coins wins the Tie. If they are still ties, the House with the least prestige wins; if they are still tied, the House with the lowest House number wins. YES/NO?

Do you think 8h would be enough to decide this? That way I would be able to update this evening GMT and keep the update schedule the same. If you think this isn't enough, we can wait the full Deadline is in 24h. Whoever is currently tied should send me their new blind bet for Mod (the current bid is cancelled) before the deadline, whichever we choose. If there is another tie...we may implement the above method, depending on the thread's decision. Should have seen this coming earlier :v:

I'm dumb, Gambol is the current Moderator and, since they are not involved in the tie, they get to decide. You have 24h to bribe them, if you want to!

EDIT: also to clarify, all three Houses have already received their +1 Coin for passing, for simplicity sake.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 17, 2021

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I'm working for 8 hours, heading out the door in 5 minutes, so it's not enough for me personally. I'll leave the decision up to the rest of House Daucus, though, if you don't want to change the schedule.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

I'm working for 8 hours, heading out the door in 5 minutes, so it's not enough for me personally. I'll leave the decision up to the rest of House Daucus, though, if you don't want to change the schedule.
No problem, let's do this right :) Deadline is 24h from now! That way we should have more time to discuss potential tie-breaker rules as well.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Gambol

I'd honestly go reverse: least coins, then least prestige with house number as final tiebreker

E: gently caress that would give mod to Lethe. Can I change my answer :v:?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

E: gently caress that would give mod to Lethe. Can I change my answer :v:?

"Old man Lethe" is becoming more and more true by the day!