Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey now remember, Patty Jenkins made her Wonder Woman movies in accordance with the Snyder Cut, so they're mature and emotional and deep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

this is the wandarvision cgi?

also im going to start watching miami vice

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

glad to hear we finally get to see their hogs

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

4 hours of superheroes masturbating? i dont get it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean I could watch four hours of masturbating as long as Jared Harris was involved. I started watching The Terror and I'm pretty sure Hickey was getting getting partially turned on by getting thirteen lashes against his rear end.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
really wish I enjoyed anything as much as comic book weirdos like comics

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Zeta Acosta posted:

4 hours of superheroes masturbating? i dont get it

That's the cut they released on Zack Snyder's Clips4Sale...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

In less than 4 days, we will be living in a society

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nice cgi

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean I could watch four hours of masturbating as long as Jared Harris was involved. I started watching The Terror and I'm pretty sure Hickey was getting getting partially turned on by getting thirteen lashes against his rear end.

One thing about The Terror that sticks with me is how it just showed the aftermath of a lot of lead poisoning based insanity rather than showing them being caught up in it. Basically when Crozier returned to the camp remnants. That one guy all decked out in gold etc, extremely hosed up and your mind works at filling it in extremely effectively.

I should rewatch it, maybe in the summer when the weather is nice though :haw:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Snyder Cut, more like Snyder...shart :smuggo:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
still pushing my Justice Feig MCU-DC crossover idea

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

priznat posted:

One thing about The Terror that sticks with me is how it just showed the aftermath of a lot of lead poisoning based insanity rather than showing them being caught up in it. Basically when Crozier returned to the camp remnants. That one guy all decked out in gold etc, extremely hosed up and your mind works at filling it in extremely effectively.

I should rewatch it, maybe in the summer when the weather is nice though :haw:

I highly recommend the book, which goes into much more detail on the hellish conditions and suffering that all the crew would have gone through once they abandoned ship.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

will my life ever be the same after the snyder cut

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Plucky Brit posted:

I highly recommend the book, which goes into much more detail on the hellish conditions and suffering that all the crew would have gone through once they abandoned ship.
Got to check that out! I just recently watched The Terror for the first time and holy gently caress what a show.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Plucky Brit posted:

Yeah seconded, I was a fan of Dan Simmons’ stuff and it is a good read!

Now where are the adaptations for Hyperion and Ilium series.. (sounds like endless development hell for both)

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I fear the snyder cut will commit the greatest cinema sin - it will be dull.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I'm calling it, an :effort: review from the boys if there will be one.

I fear that the days of Dan Akroyd's Crystal Skull Vodka or "I think you should digitally de-age your jokes" The Mummy reviews are a thing of the past.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXW_NUXEb8

Lol at Leonidas from 300 showing up in the Snyder Cut.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I forgot Justice League wasn't going to be in widescreen. lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

God that just looks headache inducing.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Arcsquad12 posted:

this look like poo poo

come on DC just make keaton batman already.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's gonna have green lanterns?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

It's gonna have green lanterns?

Even Batman is gonna make an appearance, it’s gonna be lit

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is that a new superman jesus pose or was that in the original?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Arcsquad12 posted:

wait, what?

mallratcal posted:

wait, what?

Communist Walrus posted:

Is that a new superman jesus pose

wait, what?

my brain hurts

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
LOL why is the DIS IS SPADA guy in the Snydar cut? Can we get some Sucker Punch cameos?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
I can't believe everything posted on this page is true.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

poisonpill posted:

wait, what?

wait, what?

wait, what?

my brain hurts

It's meant to be watched in vertical orientation because it was shot entirely on the iPhone 7 in portrait mode. It was cropped for widescreen and you're missing a ton of detail above and below the frame.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

infernal machines posted:

It's meant to be watched in vertical orientation because it was shot entirely on the iPhone 7 in portrait mode. It was cropped for widescreen and you're missing a ton of detail above and below the frame.

they CROPPED it??

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Space Kablooey posted:

they CROPPED it??

Yeah, the original was cropped. I think Snyder always wanted it to be in IMAX so the shots weren't setup to be chopped into 1.85:1 but that was what happened with the Whedon version.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

mallratcal posted:

Yeah, the original was cropped. I think Snyder always wanted it to be in IMAX so the shots weren't setup to be chopped into 1.85:1 but that was what happened with the Whedon version.

lmao

everything about it is a trainwreck on absolutely every level. it's amazing.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

mallratcal posted:

I just don't get it. I mean, it's not like something like The Lighthouse, where the aspect ratio is both meant to emulate the films of the era it's paying tribute to, and serves to give the whole thing a claustrophobic feeling. It's a big budge punchman movie/tax fraud for godssake!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mordja posted:

I just don't get it. I mean, it's not like something like The Lighthouse, where the aspect ratio is both meant to emulate the films of the era it's paying tribute to, and serves to give the whole thing a claustrophobic feeling. It's a big budge punchman movie/tax fraud for godssake!

Snyder explained that he decided on the aspect ratio when he realized that superheroes are taller than they are wide.

You can literally a find a video of him saying it, lol

I feel like he saw Spielberg explaining why he picked a 1.85:1 aspect for Jurassic Park and he was like, "still seems pretty wide to me".

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It will be incredible to see the feedback when people realize they're stuck with bars on the sides of their screens

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tip posted:

Snyder explained that he decided on the aspect ratio when he realized that superheroes are taller than they are wide.

That is the most meaningless thing I have ever read.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Also taller than they are wide: every person ever

Mordja fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

TBF, I think it gives a lot of insight into the mind of Zack Snyder