Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's still doing that poo poo on his current account, I've posted this at least twice but hey I guess he's useful as the most disliked goon in the pyf meme thread which is a feat tbf

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938487&pagenumber=167&perpage=40&userid=0#post512599464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Who What Now posted:

He posts all over. More or less anyone could ban him.

he gets banned all the time

only admins can permaban

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Maybe if we organize a sit-in

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Genuinely want to know if any of the people with all this documented fuckery have actually contacted the admins instead of just posting angrily about how useless the admins are in PYF.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Genuinely want to know if any of the people with all this documented fuckery have actually contacted the admins instead of just posting angrily about how useless the admins are in PYF.

The nonstop reports and bans are evidence that it is constantly being brought up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

he gets banned all the time

only admins can permaban
Unless they changed this, any mod can queue a perma. Just needs an admin to approve it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He's still doing that poo poo on his current account, I've posted this at least twice but hey I guess he's useful as the most disliked goon in the pyf meme thread which is a feat tbf

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938487&pagenumber=167&perpage=40&userid=0#post512599464

The thread that gave us Randaconda and he still manages to be the worst :yikes:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FactsAreUseless posted:

Unless they changed this, any mod can queue a perma. Just needs an admin to approve it.

yeah, but everything I am hearing is that nowadays its a Process and requires Major Discussion

so it ends up being more trouble than he's worth

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Every rereg and replacement of a red text is $$$ so

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think Guy Mann walks a line that doesn't quite cross over into permaban territory, but tiptoes right up to it. He is kind of useful as a running joke/punching bag.

I'm not anti-permaban in the least - some people need to be exiled. I don't think Guy Mann rises to the level of like Seraph or the guy who derailed every topic into pedantic transphobic :biotruths: (I think the handle was like 8-Bit Wizard or something, but I let my spreadsheet get out of date).

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I let my spreadsheet get out of date).

f-fishmech?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think Guy Mann walks a line that doesn't quite cross over into permaban territory, but tiptoes right up to it. He is kind of useful as a running joke/punching bag.

I'm not anti-permaban in the least - some people need to be exiled. I don't think Guy Mann rises to the level of like Seraph or the guy who derailed every topic into pedantic transphobic :biotruths: (I think the handle was like 8-Bit Wizard or something, but I let my spreadsheet get out of date).

Anyone who decides that a child who got assaulted by a grown man actually led him on to deliberately lie and ruin his life later, which he said with no hyperbole, should be exiled permanently not only from the forum but from society itself

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The whole point of a perma is that they're what kicks in when someone doesn't care about regular bans. He's a toxic, self-obsessed motherfucker who has never and will never learn anything and drags down the forums with every post he makes. It's a loving lifetime achievement award.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Zero One posted:

Technically I spent about $700 of real world value on a brontosaurus in World of Warcraft.

In reality it was in game gold I passively earned from missions and quests over the years so it didn't feel like spending real money at all.

was it a tiny brontosaurus

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The whole point of a perma is that they're what kicks in when someone doesn't care about regular bans. He's a toxic, self-obsessed motherfucker who has never and will never learn anything and drags down the forums with every post he makes. It's a loving lifetime achievement award.

I agree but you will find this to be a controversial POV in QCS.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

El_Elegante posted:

was it a tiny brontosaurus

:pusheen:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mods when someone makes a totally understandable statement when taken in context

Mods when someone obviously blatantly should not be allowed on the forums

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
tbf, the former creates the latter. I'm considered a "troll" and I view my posting as entirely a product of modding.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Thanks for weighing in, weirdo rereg guy

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

VinylonUnderground posted:

tbf, the former creates the latter. I'm considered a "troll" and I view my posting as entirely a product of modding.

Just quoting this because defending your posting in this thread has been known to work in the poster's favour

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm considered a "troll" and I view my posting as entirely a product of modding.

BOTTOM TEXT

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Bans are like seasons and probs are like rain. They are part of the natural cycle and not something you should actually be concerned about.

I'm fine with where I'm at. I understand where mods are at. Catering to mods or to poster's sensibilities never really works. Better to just be yourself and do what you think is funny.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think Jeffrey wants to sign off on all future permas, if I understood right.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Charles posted:

I think Jeffrey wants to sign off on all future permas, if I understood right.

speaking of, when's lowtax getting perma'd?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

stop stepping into rakes

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Flying Zamboni posted:

Hey remember when you posted a "worst movies of the decade" thread in CD and got so mad that people replied with Age of Ultron that you closed the thread? Pretty pathetic imo.

Or hey do you remember when you got banned for saying that a minor who got assaulted tricked the perpetrator into doing it for the attention? Should have been a perma imo.

Lol, I remember that CD thread

Lmao at being so butthurt that you couldn't accept people saying AoU was the worst movie of the decade (it was)

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Beamed posted:

stop stepping into rakes

I mean, I'll own my part in this. D&D being "all lives matter, blocking traffic is violence" and then shifting to "Black lives matter, blocking traffic is justice -- but you were for that while I was against it so you are still bad" is very real. I stepped on those rakes. It's easier for me just to continue to be myself as opposed to trying to figure out where the rakes are.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lol, I remember that CD thread

Lmao at being so butthurt that you couldn't accept people saying AoU was the worst movie of the decade (it was)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/messing-up-age-of-ultron-helped-joss-whedon-mess-up-jus-1846470801

Either Joss Whedon astroturfing his movies or someone so obsessed with Joss Whedon they're probably better off permabanned anyways.

quote:

You could tell very quickly that [Whedon] was very upset that people did not like Age of Ultron very much. This is what I gathered from the first conversation that I had with him. There was a bit of this sort of egotistical narcissism that ended up going into everything that he was trying to do.

You can see it in some of the scenes that were produced. Flash falling on Wonder Woman’s [chest] is something that he yanked out of Age of Ultron and just copy-pasted here. In my first conversation creatively with him, he kept accidentally calling “Diana” “Natasha,” which is crazy stuff.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I mean, I'll own my part in this. D&D being "all lives matter, blocking traffic is violence" and then shifting to "Black lives matter, blocking traffic is justice -- but you were for that while I was against it so you are still bad" is very real. I stepped on those rakes. It's easier for me just to continue to be myself as opposed to trying to figure out where the rakes are.

Lol. Go outside.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bans are like seasons and probs are like rain. They are part of the natural cycle and not something you should actually be concerned about.

Did you write this while puffing a pipe and stroking your neck beard?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Whose rereg is that?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
it's shbobdb/Incelshok Na

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Whose rereg is that?

Shbobdb / Incelshok Na

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Whose rereg is that?

Shbobdb

Incelshok Na

Keeps making GBS threads up threads in TVIV by constantly insisting on reading the shows in a weirdly specific way.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ah yes, I hate that guy DnD

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

you asked the Animation thread what kind of furry RBG should be as she gets spitroasted in the afterlife.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

you asked the Animation thread what kind of furry RBG should be as she gets spitroasted in the afterlife.

Yes, it was a funny tweet and I thought the furry thread would appreciate it. Heidrigal appeared to appreciate it, so if the furry doesn't mind why should anyone else?

VinylonUnderground has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Mar 15, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
No.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Forums user Hedrigal, arbiter of funny tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
please go the gently caress away forever