Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ookiimarukochan posted:

Right I'm saying that the Mortal Kombat TV show almost certainly cost a lot of money to make because they were invented the production workflow as they made the show. The SFX looked like poo poo, yeah, but they were being done at full HD, not SD, which automatically makes things more expensive, particularly given the time it was being made. There's loads of stuff from the 90s that was using cutting edge technology that just aged so fast so hard because the state of the art was moving so fast.

What Mortal Kombat show are you saying was show in hd? The 90s show, Mortal Kombat Conquest doesn’t seem to have been shot in hd and is only sold in sd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

tsob posted:

I'm hoping the show does a better job explaining why Steve chose Sam as his replacement than Endgame did too, because Steve has only really known Sam for a short while in the MCU

Yeah, it'd be nice to see more of their relationship on screen instead of just implied, assuming they can maybe do some flashback stuff? Sam definitely deserved more screentime before this.

When Bucky was Cap for a while in the comics I think one of the things that ended his tenure was the "oops the media is not happy to find out he was a russian assassin for a while (even unwilling)" part, presumably that'll come up at some point

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

i cant believe wanda opened a portal to outworld and goro just ripped tommy in half like that

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Snackmar posted:

Yeah, it'd be nice to see more of their relationship on screen instead of just implied, assuming they can maybe do some flashback stuff? Sam definitely deserved more screentime before this.

When Bucky was Cap for a while in the comics I think one of the things that ended his tenure was the "oops the media is not happy to find out he was a russian assassin for a while (even unwilling)" part, presumably that'll come up at some point

Yeah, I'm assuming the "Russian killbot" thing plays a large part in it, but Steve doesn't actually give any reason for it in the film and just gives the shield to Sam. Bucky doesn't even go over to say goodbye, though he seems to have known what was happening (or would happen, rather) and said goodbye to Cap before he went travelling. It's such a simple goodbye that it doesn't really feel fitting for them though, honestly. There's no real emotion in the exchange. As such, it's still weird that Bucky just signals to Sam to go talk to Old Steve, and that Steve gives Sam the shield without any kind of explanation about why he's the most fitting person for it. While "well, Bucky was a Russian supersoldier for a while, ever if under duress" was a reason, Steve isn't the kind of guy who cares about that on a personal or would be inclined to consider it on a greater political/social level because truth is much more important to him, so it does still feel like an explanation is warranted.

I agree though, It'd be great to get more of Sam and Steve's relationship on screen, but I doubt Chris Evans would have come back for that, or that his doing so wouldn't have been noted if he did. I guess there might be some filmed stuff that was never used and could be repurposed, but I doubt the show will go in to that visually and at most will just refer to some stuff, sadly.

tsob fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 15, 2021

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

In the MCU at least Sam's had Cap's back for years at this point while Bucky was either hypnotized, in hiding, or working through his PTSD in suspended animation. Handing the mantle of Captain America to the guy he's repeatedly been able to rely on rather than a childhood friend with issues made perfect sense to me. :shrug:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Some movie enthusiasts will be aghast and insist that it is not possible. However, there are movies that are not good, but are fun to watch.

Mortal Kombat is one of those movies. The acting, costumes, script, and most of the special effects are bad, but it is still fun to watch - and not in a "so bad, it's good" way.

Hot take, but if a movie is fun to watch, then it is by definition good.

Daduzi posted:

I'm sorry, but I won't have this besmirching of the Chrises. You have a plethora of Chrises, a veritable smorgasbord of Chrises, and you dare to suggest they run into each other like one amorphous Chris blob? You have Evans who is the kind of generic, high school quarterback Chris (though if you want dark and troubled you should check him out in Snowpiercer). You have Hemsworth, who's the surfer dude who is secretly super sensitive Chris. And you have Pratt who's the slightly geeky hot guy at church who may well trap you into a weird cult Chris. What more Chris diversity do you need?

If one is willing to expand their horizons there's also Chris Pine, who should replace Chris Pratt as the latter is living up to his surname.

Daduzi posted:

After Wandavision I'm a lot more optimistic (though still only maybe 50/50) that FATWS will actually be willing to take risks in addressing the black Captain America in the room.

I'm the opposite, I saw nothing in Wandavision that would indicate they'd want to take any sort of risk tackling such a sensitive topic in anything but the most safe and offhand way possible (See also: Black Panther)

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
If I were Cap I wouldn't give it to Bucky either, he has literal decades of barely suppressed trauma and torture kicking him around every day, the nicest thing to do is give him a chance to retire and hope nobody ruins it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Daduzi posted:

I'm sorry, but I won't have this besmirching of the Chrises. You have a plethora of Chrises, a veritable smorgasbord of Chrises, and you dare to suggest they run into each other like one amorphous Chris blob?

It's a good job that this was the MCU, if it was DC we would have had infinite Chrises.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Really no telling who he could be at this point. I don't believe Super Skrull was really involved with this, but it might be a way to set him up before a later FF appearance.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Jedit posted:

It's a good job that this was the MCU, if it was DC we would have had infinite Chrises.

Chrises on Infinite Earths.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Steve and Sam do a lot of bonding in Winter Soldier. Sam's his first real friend in the future and they bond over their feelings of duty and loss. And then they spend the next four years fighting crime together. Plus, Stanley Tucci only knew Steve for a couple of months. Sometimes you just know.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

McCloud posted:

I'm the opposite, I saw nothing in Wandavision that would indicate they'd want to take any sort of risk tackling such a sensitive topic in anything but the most safe and offhand way possible (See also: Black Panther)

For me it was the fact that they made it a show about something (grief), and kept that something as a consistent through line in a way that (to me at least) ultimately paid off.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Teek posted:

Really no telling who he could be at this point. I don't believe Super Skrull was really involved with this, but it might be a way to set him up before a later FF appearance.

It wouldn't be surprising if they set up a Kl'rt in Secret Invasion before he becomes a major antagonist in a Fantastic 4 film, though if he was to do so he'd presumably just be a regular Skrull in Secret Invasion and only gain the powers of the Fantastic 4 after they do, rather than before. Since having them before the Fantastic 4 do would just be weird. Are there any other notable Skrulls in the comics? The only other one I know of offhand is Jazinda, Kl'rt's daughter and friend of She-Hulk.

live with fruit posted:

Steve and Sam do a lot of bonding in Winter Soldier. Sam's his first real friend in the future and they bond over their feelings of duty and loss. And then they spend the next four years fighting crime together. Plus, Stanley Tucci only knew Steve for a couple of months. Sometimes you just know.

Tucci knew fairly quickly, but the movie still makes it clear to the audience and Erskine still had to prove why Steve was the best choice for the serum throughout the film's beginning. Which is something Sam has never had. It'd be nice to see something similar for Sam, to show why he's Steve's successor; rather than just leaving it at "he's Steve's friend and a good person". Which is basically all we have.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Tucci knew fairly quickly, but the movie still makes it clear to the audience and Erskine still had to prove why Steve was the best choice for the serum throughout the film's beginning. Which is something Sam has never had. It'd be nice to see something similar for Sam, to show why he's Steve's successor; rather than just leaving it at "he's Steve's friend and a good person". Which is basically all we have.

Sam fought in the Battle at the Triskelion, became an Avenger, helped Steve free Bucky, went on the run with him and fought in the Battle of Wakanda. Steve jumped on a fake grenade and knocked over a flagpole everyone else tried to climb.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh yeah, he’ll do. :swoon:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

tsob posted:

I mean yeah if you discount everything Sam did in Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War & Endgame he really hasn't proven himself at all. Him being Captain America doesn't make any sense!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

live with fruit posted:

Sam fought in the Battle at the Triskelion, became an Avenger, helped Steve free Bucky, went on the run with him and fought in the Battle of Wakanda. Steve jumped on a fake grenade and knocked over a flagpole everyone else tried to climb.

Tony was an Avenger too, but it was several movies in before there was any faith that he'd be the one to sacrifice himself if the situation called for it. Tony himself dismissed the possibility in Avengers, saying that he'd just find a way around it using his intelligence rather than jump on the grenade. I don't doubt Sam would sacrifice too, but as is there's really nothing showing Sam as being a uniquely selfless or upstanding person or hero like there was with Cap. Which the grenade scene was a very simple but effective way to demonstrate to the characters in the film, but it isn't all there was for the audience. The movie sets it up from the beginning, since we see that despite the fact he's so physically unsuited for fighting that he still tries to fight the good fight at every opportunity, including trying to join the war in any capacity he can, standing up to bullies regularly, being willing to keep fighting even when knocked down repeatedly etc. It sets him up much more than listing off the fact he's a superhero already ever could, since you could at that point list any hero and say they're worthy. Being a good person or a hero is a generic reason for why Sam is worthy, where Steve is set up as uniquely suited to it because off his backstory.

Hobo Clown posted:

I mean yeah if you discount everything Sam did in Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War & Endgame he really hasn't proven himself at all. Him being Captain America doesn't make any sense!

I don't discount them, I think they don't make him any more suited to being Steve's successor than anyone else in the MCU given that all you've basically said is "he's a hero and good person". Which could be used to describe several people Steve could have given the shield to at that point really. Including Bucky. Steve was a uniquely selfless person and good commander even within the ranks of the MCU's heroes, and you'd think Sam is similar to be his successor, and I'd like to see what made Steve see that in Sam. Rather than just "he's one of numerous heroes and my friend, so he'll do". Which is basically what you're describing. If anything, the fact Sam used to volunteer in the VA and was willing to help Steve from the off says more than any of that, but again, it doesn't really come off as unique at this point and it'd be nice to get something more.

tsob fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 15, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Who would be a black (and possibly British) lead in Secret Wars opposite of Sam Jackson in Secret Invasions?

Most of the characters in there that haven't been introduced to the MCU are X-men or aliens.

Possibly an original character? Or comedy option: The Beyonder.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 15, 2021

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Tony was an Avenger too, but it was several movies in before there was any faith that he'd be the one to sacrifice himself if the situation called for it. Tony himself dismissed the possibility in Avengers, saying that he'd just find a way around it using his intelligence rather than jump on the grenade. I don't doubt Sam would sacrifice too, but as is there's really nothing showing Sam as being a uniquely selfless or upstanding person or hero like there was with Cap. Which the grenade scene was a very simple but effective way to demonstrate to the characters in the film, but it isn't all there was for the audience. The movie sets it up from the beginning, since we see that despite the fact he's so physically unsuited for fighting that he still tries to fight the good fight at every opportunity, including trying to join the war in any capacity he can, standing up to bullies regularly, being willing to keep fighting even when knocked down repeatedly etc. It sets him up much more than listing off the fact he's a superhero already ever could, since you could at that point list any hero and say they're worthy. Being a good person or a hero is a generic reason for why Sam is worthy, where Steve is set up as uniquely suited to it because off his backstory.

I don't discount them, I think they don't make him any more suited to being Steve's successor than anyone else in the MCU given that all you've basically said is "he's a hero and good person". Which could be used to describe several people Steve could have given the shield to at that point really. Including Bucky. Steve was a uniquely selfless person and good commander even within the ranks of the MCU's heroes, and you'd think Sam is similar to be his successor, and I'd like to see what made Steve see that in Sam. Rather than just "he's one of numerous heroes and my friend, so he'll do". Which is basically what you're describing. If anything, the fact Sam used to volunteer in the VA and was willing to help Steve from the off says more than any of that, but again, it doesn't really come off as unique at this point and it'd be nice to get something more.

Sam was basically Steve's partner and also his representative to Tony on the Raft. They went heroing after Winter Soldier and Civil War together and you have to imagine that Steve was at least assessing him, if not outright training him.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

If this is true than it’s really looking like Avengers 5 is going to be the Young Avengers.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Edmund Lava posted:

If this is true than it’s really looking like Avengers 5 is going to be the Young Avengers.

That was a given if not when they announced the third Cassie Lang, then definitely when the twins appeared in Wandavision.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

tsob posted:

It wouldn't be surprising if they set up a Kl'rt in Secret Invasion before he becomes a major antagonist in a Fantastic 4 film, though if he was to do so he'd presumably just be a regular Skrull in Secret Invasion and only gain the powers of the Fantastic 4 after they do, rather than before. Since having them before the Fantastic 4 do would just be weird. Are there any other notable Skrulls in the comics? The only other one I know of offhand is Jazinda, Kl'rt's daughter and friend of She-Hulk.

Xavin in Runaways, who is a trainee Super-Skrull able to use only one power at a time. And also fully genderfluid and married to a gay woman, if you want to burn down Chud City with the power of incoherent rage.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Hobo Clown posted:

In the MCU at least Sam's had Cap's back for years at this point while Bucky was either hypnotized, in hiding, or working through his PTSD in suspended animation. Handing the mantle of Captain America to the guy he's repeatedly been able to rely on rather than a childhood friend with issues made perfect sense to me. :shrug:

100% agree - I just want to see more exploration of Sam and Steve's friendship on screen, not just Sam and Bucky.. even if that's the name of the show :D

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jedit posted:

Xavin in Runaways, who is a trainee Super-Skrull able to use only one power at a time. And also fully genderfluid and married to a gay woman, if you want to burn down Chud City with the power of incoherent rage.

I mean, Skrulls are shape-shifters, so they should all be gender fluid, gender ambiguous or just genderless by default really.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Does "the mantle of captain america" mean anything in the movies? How long has Captain America been around? Is he world famous? I never got a particularl good impression on just how famous/popular these characters were in-universe. You'd think Thor would have an army of worshippers around him at all times

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Steve had an entire exhibit in the Smithsonian dedicated to him, with Gary Sinise narration and everything. Captain America definitely has a mantle to pass down.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Does "the mantle of captain america" mean anything in the movies? How long has Captain America been around? Is he world famous? I never got a particularl good impression on just how famous/popular these characters were in-universe. You'd think Thor would have an army of worshippers around him at all times

He was a well known celebrity in the 40s for his USO stuff before going off to be a war hero, to the point where he gets an entire Smithsonian exhibit dedicated to him. He & the rest of the Avengers seem pretty known in universe. Tony draws a huge crowd at his expo, Scott Lang marks out when he meets Cap, we see people asking Thor & Hulk for selfies, Spider-Man fights criminals wearing Avengers Halloween masks, etc.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
You also saw a lot of Avengers murals in Far From Home, and the school makes a tribute to them.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sam was a soldier who saw horrible things and left the military, but when he heard that Captain America was up against some evil thing he immediately dropped his nice, safe civilian life and volunteered to risk his life to do the right thing and fight evil as a superhero. No trauma, no self-imposed duty, nothing outside of his control. He volunteered for no other reason than he saw something bad and wanted to help stop it.

I cannot IMAGINE why Steve Rodgers, a man who risked prison trying to sign up for the military under multiple fake names just because the Nazi were bad and he wanted to help fight them, would see Sam as his obvious successor. What a mystery this is.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
^^^^ seriously. He chose Sam because Sam had done what he did and proven himself again and again.

double negative posted:

i hope they do some isaiah bradley poo poo on fatws and people get upset

God, do I hope so too.

Sarcastro fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 15, 2021

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sanguinia posted:

Sam was a soldier who saw horrible things and left the military, but when he heard that Captain America was up against some evil thing he immediately dropped his nice, safe civilian life and volunteered to risk his life to do the right thing and fight evil as a superhero. No trauma, no self-imposed duty, nothing outside of his control. He volunteered for no other reason than he saw something bad and wanted to help stop it.

I cannot IMAGINE why Steve Rodgers, a man who risked prison trying to sign up for the military under multiple fake names just because the Nazi were bad and he wanted to help fight them, would see Sam as his obvious successor. What a mystery this is.

But did he literally jump on a grenade though? There's just no way to judge his character otherwise

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can understand thinking that a lot of the established, textual warbond between Steve and Sam seemed to have happened offscreen. I personally found their developing friendship quite believable, but I get why people would want to see more of it, and hopefully this series delivers on fleshing out Sam as a worthy Captain America.

On the other hand, the idea that Steve would choose this iteration of Bucky as Captain America, or that Bucky himself would treat that concept as anything but preposterous, is...well, preposterous. Y'all absolutely only thought that had a chance in hell of happening because it happened in the comics. :sweatdrop: Last we saw him, the guy needed about as much therapy as Wanda does.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
He did spend a year or two chilling in a yurt in Wakanda.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

tsob posted:

I'm hoping the show does a better job explaining why Steve chose Sam as his replacement than Endgame did too, because Steve has only really known Sam for a short while in the MCU, where he has a long history with Bucky and Bucky has superhuman physical abilities that basically rival Steve's own ones. Sam is just a well trained but regular dude without the wings. Never mind that Bucky was Steve's assistant as Cap during World War II, and is a fundamentally decent guy himself. And also that Sam's Captain America costume balances the shield and wings well, because it's looked busy and weird to see a guy with wings holding the shield or storing it on his back any time I've seen art from the comics or fanart that's depicted it. Assuming he doesn't just stop using the wings at least, which I doubt he will.

Bucky is a fundamentally decent guy, but he's traumatized as hell and probably way too cynical about flags after the things he's gone through. Winter Soldier is purposefully a corrupted reflection of Captain America, of what happens when people with corrupt motivations try to make their own Cap. I know that he became Cap in the comics, but WS seems like a pretty distinct persona he already has, and one that's kind of disqualifying when it comes to the paragon of decency Cap became in the MCU.

But also, it makes complete sense to me why Steve chose Sam. Erskine made a whole point about how Steve was the right choice not because he was the pragmatic choice - there were more capable soldiers who would've been "better" - but because he embodied the right personal values. Sam's entire introduction in CA: Winter Soldier is as this island of familiarity that Steve latches onto in his unfamiliar new setting. He's a humble, hard-working soldier who jogs every morning and volunteers at the VA...in context, he's almost a sort of anachronism, embracing the kinds of values Steve had in the 40's while the SHIELD apparatus around him became this cold, technocratic, inhuman thing. Sam is, like him, fundamentally a "good man."

cyclical posted:

Sebastian Stan, though? Yeah, I'm here for that. Anyway, it's not that big of a mystery if you know fandom even a little bit: he's a hot guy, who was tortured (literally and figuratively) and sad and bad-rear end and vulnerable in The Winter Soldier. It was a pretty nice cocktail of a lot of things that are going to appeal to a lot of people.

Yeah, I'm surprised anyone's questioning it, because Bucky Barnes is basically a fanfic character. He's Captain America if he was dangerous, dark and brooding, conflicted and self-loathing. He's a kind, sensitive soul inside a broken shell that happens to also be a ripped hot guy, and he has a complex and checkered past that People Just Wouldn't Understand. He's basically a Depressive Demon Nightmare Boy, who was a villain but is now vaguely anti-heroic. Like pretty much any fanfic about Kylo Ren or Draco Malfoy, but in a Marvel movie so he has fuckin' sick cum gutters.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I feel like they’d do Isaiah Bradley like Will Reeves in the Watchmen TV series. Incredibly old, wheelchair, etc.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Who would be a black (and possibly British) lead in Secret Wars opposite of Sam Jackson in Secret Invasions?

Most of the characters in there that haven't been introduced to the MCU are X-men or aliens.

Possibly an original character? Or comedy option: The Beyonder.

Go Captain Britain damnit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Xealot posted:

fuckin' sick cum gutters.
:hmmyes:

Again, it's always funny to see goons reacting to completely standard, mainstream tastes like aliens trying to comprehend human behavior. "Why do people like Bucky?" The...tall, muscular white man with square jaws and sad eyes? That guy?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

My personal theory for Fat Winter Soldier:

Falcon and Winter Soldier come face to face with some kind of super steroid that gives people super soldier serum level abilities, but has a downside. They will fight these people, find out that USAgent is working for them too (and has his power through them). Sam will struggle to live up to the expectancies of a new potential title throughout.

There will be a dramatic moment where an evil scientist tells Sam that he is too weak to be Captain America, but that he can make him stronger.

And Sam will obviously refuse it, and take up the mantle without needing any sort of serum, because Captain america is a symbol, not just a powerful dude with big muscles.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

BrianWilly posted:

:hmmyes:

Again, it's always funny to see goons reacting to completely standard, mainstream tastes like aliens trying to comprehend human behavior. "Why do people like Bucky?" The...tall, muscular white man with square jaws and sad eyes? That guy?

It's pretty hilarious, really. Wow, women (and men!) everywhere are into that? They like characters who come striding into the screen blowing everything up and then it turns out they're actually doing it all against their will, and they're sad and angsty and tortured about it? What could possibly be the appeal here, I wonder? Do we also have to explain that poo poo like Bucky catching the knife in the latest trailer is really hot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I don't understand how Sam is meant to be able to throw the shield as hard and accurately as Steve. Steve had the super soldier serum to give him super strength/stamina/accuracy right? I mean when they meet for the first time Steve is literally running laps around him... So I never got the impression Sam is anywhere close to Steve's level physically. I thought he made up for it with this wings and gadgets.

That last trailer should have been him throwing the shield at the tree and it flops to the ground 2 meters away.