Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

The Stanford Prison experiment is fake disinformation and anyone bringing it up henceforth should be permabanned.

very john wayne of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Mods knew.

Honky Dong Country posted:

It's official, the joke has become too old for the mods.

:zaeed:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Stunt_enby posted:

if the mods don't want to be called pedophiles, maybe they shouldn't make posts like this

haha wow

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stunt_enby posted:

if the mods don't want to be called pedophiles, maybe they shouldn't make posts like this

turns out we were wrong about who the mods were working the asses off the whole time.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sitting Here posted:

as someone who got the blue star so I could help run neat contests and change avs in Creative Convention in my spare time, and as someone who was sexually assaulted as a child and sexually groomed as a teenager, I would humbly, respectfully, ask that goons curb their primal irresistible urge to call "mods" pedophiles.

personally, i believe that subforums ought to be allowed to apply whatever standards of moderation the posters of that particular subforum in concensus establish. and as can be observed from the response in the original thread the posts in question occurred in, the resident posters of c-spam do not, overwhelmingly, consider the reaction of the moderating hierarchy to fit the posting environment of the thread, in the forum particular.

posting my thread (practical balaclava knitting) of future potential in the Creative Convention, i would not make a joke calling the resident mods pedos. in contrast, i am going to call the mods pedos while posting in FYAD and c-sPAM. fluffdaddy doesnt get to decide whats acceptable in cspam, nor does he get to decide what warrants a ban+30 in cspam. thanks, goodnight

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

exmarx posted:

this whole thing started when the trump thread mod blundered into a relatively good discussion about soft power and china, then doubled down with bad probes. the pedo jokes were a direct response to that – mods can't unilaterally demand respect, and larry is basically pure id. i'm not sure what else you can expect?

imagine the world in which you are talking about china then some fail mod comes in and gets lambasted/starts being a bitch and an admin starts dropping bombs being viewed as anything other than extremely pathetic lol. completely unable to take the hint so we just keep toeing right up to that line to irritate them. the densest mf'ers alive

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stunt_enby posted:

Impeccable timing. Just incredible.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Kurnugia posted:

personally, i believe that subforums ought to be allowed to apply whatever standards of moderation the posters of that particular subforum in concensus establish. and as can be observed from the response in the original thread the posts in question occurred in, the resident posters of c-spam do not, overwhelmingly, consider the reaction of the moderating hierarchy to fit the posting environment of the thread, in the forum particular.

posting my thread (practical balaclava knitting) of future potential in the Creative Convention, i would not make a joke calling the resident mods pedos. in contrast, i am going to call the mods pedos while posting in FYAD and c-sPAM. fluffdaddy doesnt get to decide whats acceptable in cspam, nor does he get to decide what warrants a ban+30 in cspam. thanks, goodnight

tbh i wasn't really talking about anything particular to any specific subforum. I just think it's really awful and painful to throw "pedo" around as an insult because it 1) obfuscates credible accusations and 2) is painful for people who've survived that poo poo. You seem very convicted in your stance so I can only infer it must feel very good for your to use pedophile as an insult. I guess I'd hate for you to have to go without that small joy, because you might have to grow a thicker skin!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sitting Here posted:

tbh i wasn't really talking about anything particular to any specific subforum. I just think it's really awful and painful to throw "pedo" around as an insult because it 1) obfuscates credible accusations and 2) is painful for people who've survived that poo poo. You seem very convicted in your stance so I can only infer it must feel very good for your to use pedophile as an insult. I guess I'd hate for you to have to go without that small joy, because you might have to grow a thicker skin!

personally I wouldn't join a group that has had credible accusations made against it, contained people who stalked girls, posted bestiality, licked toilet seats, were actual, convicted child rapists, wife beaters, people who were diaper furs, sniffed girls hair on the bus, had sock puppet accounts to agree with themselves, and of course the list could go on forever here, but you know... a few bad apples doesn't spoil the whole bunch...right?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

personally I wouldn't join a group that has had credible accusations made against it, contained people who stalked girls, posted bestiality, licked toilet seats, were actual, convicted child rapists, wife beaters, people who were diaper furs, sniffed girls hair on the bus, had sock puppet accounts to agree with themselves, and of course the list could go on forever here, but you know... a few bad apples doesn't spoil the whole bunch...right?

But you just registered.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

So you wouldn’t become a goon on something awful dot com?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
so did everybody get together in one thread to use this line that joking about rosa parks except shes on a school bus and is a pedophile is obfuscating credible accusations of pedophilia :dafuq:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I mean... Regular posters have done all that and more.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

i literally yelled JESUS loving CHRIST WHY in my house when I saw that, i feel comfortable saying to this thread. It appears to be getting handled, though!

This is very laudable. But it's kind of a Ship of Theseus problem right? Like, how many mods have to turn over before it's a different group of people who can be held to a different standard? Most of the mods don't have to do much, we're just kind of thread janitors who pootle around answering minor questions and changing avs or giving gang tags. Is it your opinion that SA should have no mods? What does your ideal SA look like?

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sitting Here posted:

sorry, i thought i was making my point clear with the whole "context" bit that fluffdaddy was violating in his/her moderating choices. my point was that in in context of an in-group, such jokes can be dissociated from the source of their humour, and even traumatic subjects be used as subjects of humour. it isnt a question of skin, thickness whatever, but posting in an environment where one thought such jokes were permissible, and was disabused. of course, if you believe that you ought to be allowed to decide whats permissible in places like FYAD and lite, thatd be your prerorragative

i dont want the right to post pedo jokes in the creative corner, nor ask the right to mock posters therein. i just wanna be allowed to do it in a place and environment where it doesnt bother you. cuz you dont post nor read the spooky spectre thread in cspam. nor does fluffdaddy, except when somebody reports a larry post. and then he reads the other guys post, and poof goes 30 bucks i spent on this bloody forum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I dunno dude, you paid for a forums account. Probably more than one judging by your regdate.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
noticed today that larry et al are still banned for some reason. what gives?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sitting Here posted:

i literally yelled JESUS loving CHRIST WHY in my house when I saw that, i feel comfortable saying to this thread. It appears to be getting handled, though!

This is very laudable. But it's kind of a Ship of Theseus problem right? Like, how many mods have to turn over before it's a different group of people who can be held to a different standard? Most of the mods don't have to do much, we're just kind of thread janitors who pootle around answering minor questions and changing avs or giving gang tags. Is it your opinion that SA should have no mods? What does your ideal SA look like?

What is the different standard, and if it exists, then why does it keep happening?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Kurnugia posted:

sorry, i thought i was making my point clear with the whole "context" bit that fluffdaddy was violating in his/her moderating choices. my point was that in in context of an in-group, such jokes can be dissociated from the source of their humour, and even traumatic subjects be used as subjects of humour. it isnt a question of skin, thickness whatever, but posting in an environment where one thought such jokes were permissible, and was disabused. of course, if you believe that you ought to be allowed to decide whats permissible in places like FYAD and lite, thatd be your prerorragative

i dont want the right to post pedo jokes in the creative corner, nor ask the right to mock posters therein. i just wanna be allowed to do it in a place and environment where it doesnt bother you. cuz you dont post nor read the spooky spectre thread in cspam. nor does fluffdaddy, except when somebody reports a larry post. and then he reads the other guys post, and poof goes 30 bucks i spent on this bloody forum

I get you. I mostly just ponder at why ANYONE wants to use that term casually, but your post makes sense to me and it's a fair take.

IDK about the bans, I'm just posting as a user on this topic.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
In what asinine, idiotic, empty contrarian world is calling someone a pedophile a "joek" and not a serious insult/accusation? And how is the proper response to "stop randomly calling people pedophiles without proof" "lol you're a pedophile"? Did you idiots get lost on the way to 4chan?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

What is the different standard, and if it exists, then why does it keep happening?

sitting here has been really open, honest, and vulnerable itt. take it easy on them and dont troll or else ya gonna get probied :tipshat:

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Honky Dong Country posted:

It's official, the joke has become too old for the mods.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Flesnolk posted:

In what asinine, idiotic, empty contrarian world is calling someone a pedophile a "joek" and not a serious insult/accusation?

Elon Musk's
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50695593

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

All I will say is you don't get to cry and whine about being a fyad lite when I pop in and treat you like a fyad lite.

No I won't unban any of the people I banned. Call the mods pedos without proof at your own peril.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffdaddy posted:

All I will say is you don't get to cry and whine about being a fyad lite when I pop in and treat you like a fyad lite.

No I won't unban any of the people I banned. Call the mods pedos without proof at your own peril.

Oh so this is just about some big old chip on your shoulder and you can't actually defend yourself in any reasonable way, okey doke.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the last thing i would ever call fluffdaddy is light

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Office Pig posted:

Oh so this is just about some big old chip on your shoulder and you can't actually defend yourself in any reasonable way, okey doke.

I don't need to explain myself.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sitting Here posted:

I get you. I mostly just ponder at why ANYONE wants to use that term casually, but your post makes sense to me and it's a fair take.

IDK about the bans, I'm just posting as a user on this topic.

i can understand that the moderation hierarchy hasnt come to a conclusion yet and that youre all currently screaming at each other in post format to decide whether this particular joke form ought to be tolerated in cspam, but could you please instead ask each other, why has this particular question been brought before you to be resolved? i dunno who asked these bans in question, the leperscolonia shows it was fluffdaddy and no-one else, but why is this conversation being had now, after the moderating decisions have already been made, the moment when they ought to be easily explanable to the punished, and everyone else asking for explanation?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Fluffdaddy posted:

Call the mods pedos without proof at your own peril.

there wolf posted:

Yes, the majority of pedophiles know acting on the impulse would be terrible and so they don't do it, instead indulging in it through media and roleplaying with other adults. As much as it sucks, it's likely that sexual attraction to prepubescents is a hardcoded sexuality the way hetero and homosexuality are, in which case the proshippers have a point that having that sort of content serves a social good, providing an outlet for desires that cannot be actually realized.

But thats one part of what would be a complex argument even for reasonable adults. In fandom it's a loving nightmare sucking in a whole whole host of toxic behaviors that have been normalized in that space.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Aaaaand they're gone.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fluffdaddy posted:

I feel like admins should not say this tbh

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fluffdaddy posted:

true, but by not explaining yourself, you look like a massive bitch in front of the entire QCS community. how you feel about this is up to you

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

christmas boots posted:

I feel like admins should not say this tbh

Hey don't call mods pedos without evidence or risk getting banned does not need an explanation

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

In what asinine, idiotic, empty contrarian world is calling someone a pedophile a "joek" and not a serious insult/accusation? And how is the proper response to "stop randomly calling people pedophiles without proof" "lol you're a pedophile"? Did you idiots get lost on the way to 4chan?

i dont care what you call me as long as you dont call me late for dinner.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I still don't know what this thread is about? It's been stated several times before now that calling someone a Pedophile *without evidence* will get you banned.

Edit*

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Stunt_enby posted:

true, but by not explaining yourself, you look like a massive bitch in front of the entire QCS community. how you feel about this is up to you

Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

Ah well I am sure CSPAM has a support network of friends with gift certs at the ready