Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ellen wishes she had Oprah's ability to make people just forget about any of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ellen wishes she had Oprah's ability to make people just forget about any of this poo poo.

:lol: everyone has already forgotten about Ellen's war crimes.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Hey remember that time Oprah committed a blood libel

The only way I found this by the way was being incredibly specific. Oprah's SEO is impregnable with just page after 0age about innocuous poo poo.

The whole notion of multiple personality disorder being used to describe identities unaware of each other brought on by "repressed trauma" itself got heavily pushed by Oprah as part of her Satanic panic buy-in.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah how did Oprah go from "trash daytime TV talk show" barely a step above Jerry Springer and Sally Jessie Raphael to "The best and most important interviewer in the world"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah how did Oprah go from "trash daytime TV talk show" barely a step above Jerry Springer and Sally Jessie Raphael to "The best and most important interviewer in the world"

Money can buy everything, HTH

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Still blows my mind that Kevin Hart made some of the most homophobic comments in recent memory, and then doubled down on them, but everyone forgot about it because he went on Ellen. He didn’t even apologize on the show, he just showed up for an episode and everyone forgot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Not only that, people once legit wanted Oprah to run for President. Like, as a serious candidate, not as a joke.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The MSJ posted:

Not only that, people once legit wanted Oprah to run for President. Like, as a serious candidate, not as a joke.

My girlfriend recently got an email from some Democrat organization asking if she thinks Oprah should run for office. The dream’s not dead!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

Still blows my mind that Kevin Hart made some of the most homophobic comments in recent memory, and then doubled down on them, but everyone forgot about it because he went on Ellen. He didn’t even apologize on the show, he just showed up for an episode and everyone forgot.

Tracy Morgan did the exact same thing and also got it glossed over.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's so weird, that one guy from that grey anatomy show got fired for it 100 years ago but then again they might have wanted him gone anyway

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Alan Smithee posted:

it's so weird, that one guy from that grey anatomy show got fired for it 100 years ago but then again they might have wanted him gone anyway

In all fairness, he was stupid enough to use the word again completely unprompted during a press junket by blurting out "And I never called TR Knight a f*****!"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

In all fairness, he was stupid enough to use the word again completely unprompted during a press junket by blurting out "And I never called TR Knight a f*****!"

Ah yes, another tragic victim of Neeson Syndrome.

Also, according to Wikipedia, Isaiah Washington has since gone full #WalkAway Qultist, so chances are he was an rear end in a top hat even back then.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 16, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My girlfriend recently got an email from some Democrat organization asking if she thinks Oprah should run for office. The dream’s not dead!

That would be a dream come true

... for Republicans. Oprah would be like the dem's version of trump

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If Oprah became President everyone would constantly be looking underneath any chair they could find.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

If Oprah becomes President, will we get cars?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Oprah will only give one thing to the nation when she becomes president

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1371836293517283329?s=21
This role did not need to be Jared Leto, why are they doing this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
no role does

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

The Klowner posted:

That would be a dream come true

... for Republicans. Oprah would be like the dem's version of trump

So, president?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Once again Leto with the drastic physical transformations that nobody loving remembers. Like that time he gained a hundred pounds to play Mark David Chapman.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Donahue retired and Oprah sidled right into his niche of respectability and grew from there.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aglet56 posted:

So, president?

...hm.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jared Leto is running for president?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Jared Leto is running for president?

DON'T GIVE HIM IDEAS.

Then again, he's already a cult leader, so President would be a step down.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That tweet’s gone now, what was it?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That tweet’s gone now, what was it?

just leto in costume as paolo gucci

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Once again Leto with the drastic physical transformations that nobody loving remembers. Like that time he gained a hundred pounds to play Mark David Chapman.

For the sake of humor I need to clarify his weight gain for Chapter 27: he ate microwaved pints of ice cream mixed with soy sauce and olive oil, and gave himself gout.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

X-Ray Pecs posted:

For the sake of humor I need to clarify his weight gain for Chapter 27: he ate microwaved pints of ice cream mixed with soy sauce and olive oil, and gave himself gout.

Given that soy sauce has negligible calories, I have to wonder is he:
-dumb
-performatively masochistic
-lying for some reason

I assume it's all 3

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I’m guessing the salt and umami of the soy sauce balanced out the fat of adding olive oil to ice cream, which is already high in fat.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I’m guessing the salt and umami of the soy sauce balanced out the fat of adding olive oil to ice cream, which is already high in fat.

Don't lie you know that tasted like absolute poo poo. Feel free to try and report back tho?

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

muscles like this! posted:

Tracy Morgan did the exact same thing and also got it glossed over.

The fact that 30 Rock had a two episode arc based on making fun of him for doing that helped smooth things over as well.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The funny thing about Jared Leto is that he puts a lot of effort into roles for absolutely poo poo movies. He saw Day-Lewis doing it and completely missed the point of choosing your roles carefully.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

To jump back to a topic from a few pages back. I was looking at Apatow's Wikipedia page and noticed he has a Netflix movie called The Bubble that is filming. Guess what it's about?!

And an article about it came out today

quote:

The film follows a group of actors and actresses stuck inside a pandemic bubble at a hotel attempting to complete a film. The pic couldn’t be more timely as more and more productions are ramping back up even as Covid-19 remains in full effect around the world.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's become increasingly clear that Judd Apatow has forgotten that people outside of Hollywood exist.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I mean, they do say to write what you know...

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: everyone has already forgotten about Ellen's war crimes.

Ellen committed war crimes? :wtc:

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
So the review embargo on the Snyder Cut was lifted the other day, and apparently the Joker’s “we live in a society” line isn’t actually in it lmbo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

aware of dog posted:

https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1371836293517283329?s=21
This role did not need to be Jared Leto, why are they doing this

It's deleted. What was it?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Leavemywife posted:

Ellen committed war crimes? :wtc:

She was part of an effort to rehabilitate GWBs public image, if I remember right.

The poster also might be talking about the whole "Everyone in LA has known for years that working on the Ellen show is the absolute shittiest working environment in TV" thing, where it came out that, amongst other blatantly psycho/abusive things, employees were not allowed to make eye contact with Ellen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

She was part of an effort to rehabilitate GWBs public image, if I remember right.

The poster also might be talking about the whole "Everyone in LA has known for years that working on the Ellen show is the absolute shittiest working environment in TV" thing, where it came out that, amongst other blatantly psycho/abusive things, employees were not allowed to make eye contact with Ellen.

Truly, she has earned the nickname "The Be Kind Lady"