Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

stock up on helmets, gas masks, and anti mace/pepperspray stuff for the upcoming protest wave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Raiad posted:

starting to suspect that dems were being a tad disingenuous when they said that we had to vote out trump because we were running concentration camps on the border

But the good guys wouldn't lie to us, they're the good guys.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Busing isn't practical. The logistics is a nightmare, it can not be carbon neutral, and by removing these children from their culture you are committing a genocide.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i enjoyed when the libs went "ah ha! this child camp is run by hhs* not ice!"

and then it took 30 seconds of searching to confirm that yes, when the nazis ran child stealing camps they also used the health department to do it.

*also it wasn't hhs running the camp, but the bapist subcontractors with a long history of abuse

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also he would be a Warren staffer and would have endorsed Biden after she dropped out

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Redlining is just outlining economic and land reform opportunities for the future public/private economic revitalization partnerships.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

i enjoyed when the libs went "ah ha! this child camp is run by hhs* not ice!"

and then it took 30 seconds of searching to confirm that yes, when the nazis ran child stealing camps they also used the health department to do it.

*also it wasn't hhs running the camp, but the bapist subcontractors with a long history of abuse

If libs had pattern recognition, they wouldn't be libs.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also why is the GiP dipshit an ik of d&d

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also why is the GiP dipshit an ik of d&d

Precisely because he's a dipshit.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gradenko_2000 posted:

there was a time when talk like this wouldn't fly

lol i remember this guy. he was getting me worked up there

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao breadtube sucks

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

dumping money into the foster care system would be a poo poo load more cost effective than running the camps anyway

Ending hunger worldwide would be a much more cost effective way of creating peace and stability around the world but how would that help out weapons manufacturers?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/woolie/status/1371544852303806466

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's funny cuz I'd just finished reading about this

from "Marxism and Politics", by Ralph Miliband

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Terror Sweat posted:

Ending hunger worldwide would be a much more cost effective way of creating peace and stability around the world but how would that help out weapons manufacturers?

that reminds me of the old Bill Hicks bit about using jets to fire sandwiches at hungry people

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

DoomTrainPhD posted:

If libs had pattern recognition, they wouldn't be libs.

More than a few libs I know have ADHD, which at least medically explains their inability to process other's emotions and be self-aware

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao breadtube sucks

oh wait yeah it's the vaush guy who likes eugenics, he changed his @

the rule still applies: any leftist with an absolutely insane take is probably a vaush guy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

More than a few libs I know have ADHD, which at least medically explains their inability to process other's emotions and be self-aware

I also have ADHD and I don't think you really get how ADHD works

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

loquacius posted:

I also have ADHD and I don't think you really get how ADHD works

How's therapy going

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Eggplant Squire posted:

Man it really is the Obama years with "how is X supposed to fix stuff in Y days???"

I feel like asking average people to have full solutions to the government's problems is new though. Sounds to me we should just not bother having an elected government if they are so bad at their jobs it's up to random twitter users to tell them how to do them.

It's nearly identical to guantanamo in campaigning vs administration

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

stock up on helmets, gas masks, and anti mace/pepperspray stuff for the upcoming protest wave

Good financial advice: don’t buy things you’ll never use

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

whose shitass re-reg are you

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm listening to Graceland by Paul Simon and thinking about how Paul Simon caused a controversy by breaking the boycott of South Africa, by hiring a bunch of really good south african musicians (the people who would have been the victims of apartheid) and bringing their music to a larger audience who would have never have heard them otherwise.

This is only tangentially related to the succ thread

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

oh wait yeah it's the vaush guy who likes eugenics, he changed his @

the rule still applies: any leftist with an absolutely insane take is probably a vaush guy

I'm pretty convinced most of them are just libertarians that for whatever reason identify with the Democrat's brand.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 15:57 on Mar 16, 2021

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MorrisBae posted:

I have ADHD and absolutely try to be aware of others emotions.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

How's therapy going

no seriously you have no idea what you're talking about, thanks :)

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I have ADHD and absolutely try to be aware of others emotions.

Not processing others' emotions is not a symptom of ADHD, MorrisBae was thinking of something else and is now doubling down

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You can become irritable when distracted if you have inattentive ADHD, and you can get really impatient with waiting for your turn to speak if you have hyperactivity ADHD, but those are as close as ADHD gets to whatever he was talking about

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
People with a disability I don't understand are all amoral monsters, I am very intelligent

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

loquacius posted:

Not processing others' emotions is not a symptom of ADHD, MorrisBae was thinking of something else and is now doubling down

https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/childhood-adhd/adhd-symptoms

quote:

Symptoms of ADHD

Have a hard time getting along with others because they can’t read people’s feelings and moods

So therapy's going good?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol WebMD

I bet ADHD is also a symptom of cancer right???

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/diagnosis.html

https://chadd.org/for-adults/diagnosis-of-adhd-in-adults/

CTRL+F "emotion" zero results

Anyway I'm medicated, thanks :)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

MorrisBae posted:

So therapy's going good?

why do you think this is a good own, rereg

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Asproigerosis posted:

What is the point of a jury when you have the entire murder on video?

rules of evidence are loving antiquated (as are the entire concept of jury trials) and created (at least the common law predecessors) before we even had daguerreotypes. it would loving blow lord Blackwell or whoever the fucks mind to see an hd recording.

also lmao at that 8th juror getting seated after literally expressing he he come to a conclusion already about Chauvin’s intent. like I’m not surprised at all but that’s textbook improper and should have been struck for cause

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this ADHD website lists "emotional dysregulation" as a symptom, that has the word "emotion" IN it technically

https://www.additudemag.com/adhd-symptoms-checklist/

guess I'm owned, thanks for explaining the symptoms of my own disorder to me internet man

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I've played with a lot of people with ADHD in bands (for some reason 90% of them have been drummers) reading emotions isn't something I've noticed they had issues with

what's wrong with therapy? is the old "getting help understanding why you feel a certain way is a moral failing" chestnut again?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
loquacious if you don't want to pull the trigger on MorrisBae for this atrocious posting because you're on the other side of the argument I am giving you permission. Consider this a report.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

loquacious if you don't want to pull the trigger on MorrisBae for this atrocious posting because you're on the other side of the argument I am giving you permission. Consider this a report.

I corroborate this report

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

just bop him. mods do worse

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wait first let's ask the Brits, maybe they have the boldness to go where the CDC didn't

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd/symptoms/

hmmm nothing there either

the web medical doctor was so sure of this though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao breadtube sucks

A few months ago I naively believed "left unity" could be a thing and I now feel extremely naive lol

Guys like this are basically what left unity looks like. Next they'll be telling us Rosa would prefer socdems to modern MLs and would totally forgive them for dumping her body in a river