Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

betaraywil posted:

AITA for screaming at my step mother that she doesn't care about us?

My question: Did the OP actually scream (as the title says), or did she say (as the text says) and the step mom characterized it as yelling and the OP adopted the frame out of a misguided sense of fairness and deference to authority?

People in the comments are suggesting they call the step-mom by a different name each time, perhaps the name of their biomom.

Anyway they're all moving out soon. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sanford posted:

I don't play online games but isn't a "battle pass" like a timed thing? So if he's not using it, it's wasted - and she says quite clearly they don't have money to waste. And his girlfriend didn't die so he can see her later, and if she had died then any effort he had made would have been wasted so it was prudent all round to just wait and see how things wash out. I hope he has the opportunity to explain things to her.

Edit:

How do you "punish" a 21 year old?

Not a fan of this gimmick tbh

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Speaking of things that should be taught in sex-ed:
I(18M) might have unintentionally made my gf(18F) feel insecure.

quote:

So I posted here earlier on some other issue with said gf and u guys helped a lot. So here I am once again asking for ur support.

A few days ago I read a comment on reddit how the line "what are u doing to me" feels really sexy in bed. So about five days ago, I decided to use it when I was fore playing with my gf.

Now we are both each other's first, don't live together and so don't have too many encounters. We are together for 9 months and had sex like 20 times. Coming back to the topic, so I was touching/ finge**ng her when I said the line and in her own words, "that was the sexiest loving thing I have ever heard". Not only that, she came right there. Now as I said I don't have much experience, so the fact that I could satisfy her that quickly made me feel great. Inside my head I was "Hell yes!! I can't believe it. I can satisfy her pretty well. Man I love her!! She is amazing". But what came out of my mouth was, "Holy poo poo! I can't believe u came that fast". We had sex then but from the next day onwards I see her acting strange. First indication, she stopped texting frequently. Then she would talk to me while looking at my feet or somewhere else. Two days later I asked her what was up. After lots of persuasion she opened up and what I came to know is this. She has heard over the years how her friends would complain about the guy finishing too early and how it felt unsatisfying and all that. Now that she came first and that too so early she feels like she failed as a women, that I was unsatisfied and all that. I explained to her that it was not the case, I said that cause I made me feel a lot more confident and how I am much less insecure about sex due to it. She believed me after a good talk and I thought that is the over of it.

Now comes the second gently caress up. So after all that talk, mood became hot and we got frisky. This time she stopped foreplay a lot earlier than usual. Even I had a suspicion that she is not ready yet. I asked her if she's alright and she told me that she is really turned on so I can penetrate her now. I did and no wonder she didn't had her sweet moans. Instead I could see she was flinching sometimes. I immediately pulled out and asked her what was up. She again said it was okay and I can do it but I refused to do it. I said, "I feel like I am assaulting u". She started to cry and said that it was true I was not been satisfied, I was losing feelings for her, how she is bad in bed and not like other women etc etc and she got dressed up and left. I couldn't even get the chance to get even a word out. I tried calling her later on but she said that she couldn't think properly and would talk later.

So now what the gently caress am I supposed to do?? I tried to be a gentleman and it ruined everything. I had a thought that perhaps I should've just kept going but it made me feel like poo poo. I can't be the bad guy and neither the good guy. Tried to make her feel good and got trapped myself. Pls help.
This kid did a lot of things right, he just goofed up a little verbally. I hope these two can work it out.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I can't believe you're easier than Sunday morning!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I remember a health class in high school where the teacher and a student got into a screaming match regarding whether or not cling film is an appropriate substitute for a condom.

Please, please, please tell me the student was the pro-cling film one.

Lie if you have to.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The Bramble posted:

My boyfriend (19M) chose Call of Duty Mobile battle pass over me (19F)

Was she still infectious when in the hospital? Because I would probably steer clear of a visit too if it was that kind of disease...

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

This kid did a lot of things right, he just goofed up a little verbally. I hope these two can work it out.

Insecurities are a real relationship killer. I don't even think he did anything wrong here, just got unlucky. I do hope they can work through it, and that someone reminds them that women don't have a refractory period like men do, because it sounds like she doesn't actually realize that. But ultimately, once someone has convinced themselves they aren't satisfying their partner, no amount of knowledge is gonna fix it. They need to root out and address the underlying security on its own merits and learn to trust people.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

he's 18 and blanked out "fingering"

also 9 months and sex only 20 times? that works out to like once a week still more than me my entire life lmfao i hate myself

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

low key sex master posted:

he's 18 and blanked out "fingering"

also 9 months and sex only 20 times? that works out to like once a week still more than me my entire life lmfao i hate myself

Not so low key huh

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

teen witch posted:

Not so low key huh

:smug:

:smith:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

GlyphGryph posted:

Insecurities are a real relationship killer. I don't even think he did anything wrong here, just got unlucky. I do hope they can work through it, and that someone reminds them that women don't have a refractory period like men do, because it sounds like she doesn't actually realize that. But ultimately, once someone has convinced themselves they aren't satisfying their partner, no amount of knowledge is gonna fix it. They need to root out and address the underlying security on its own merits and learn to trust people.

This is what I mean about things that ought to be taught in sex-ed. There's so much cultural hang-ups around sex, and it's built up into this super important and serious and kind of intimidating and scary thing, especially for young women. The reality is that sex can be serious and important, but more often than not it's just a kind of goofy, weird, messy thing people do to feel good and help other people feel good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought condoms were a way to keep your bananas from going bad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My favourite memory of sex ed was watching our very old teacher manhandle a condom over a hilariously large dildo. It was some jedi mind trick poo poo making a room full of teenage boys feel a mixture of woeful inadequacy, fear at having their dick mangled by putting on a rubber and general unease at watching somebody nearly of their grandmothers' age rubbering up her (presumably?) gigantic marital aid right in front of them.

Thanks, Mrs. W!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You should've asked if you could smell it.

big_brother
Sep 27, 2015

The Bramble posted:

My boyfriend (19M) chose Call of Duty Mobile battle pass over me (19F)

Maybe it's just me, but I remember the hydroflask post way back where it was written like an ad being far too descriptive about mundane products like AirPod (tm). This has the same energy. Is it just cuz kids are just being taught to write like promotional material?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

quote:

My 11-year-old son signed up for a Reddit account—without permission—to join a group called Roblox Tiddies, whose content is cartoon boobs created to titillate (pun intended). So, the easy question is, is it OK to tell him he can’t create accounts online without permission until he’s 13? Much tougher question is how I can make sure he knows there’s nothing wrong with being boobs- and nudity-curious while warning him (and sharing my value judgment) that Reddit and the rest of the internet is filled with terrifying, filthy, exploitative content that is not appropriate for minors. I don’t want to embarrass him, but I think it’s important that he knows there’s nothing wrong with being curious and wanting to see body parts you don’t have!

when i die lay me in the ground
say a prayer over my head
and write BIG ROBLOX TIDDIES on my grave

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

People in the comments are suggesting they call the step-mom by a different name each time, perhaps the name of their biomom.

Anyway they're all moving out soon. :toot:

Did they bother to ask whether their step-mom has a learning disability? Some people have difficulty remembering peoples' names, or associating names with faces, or distinguishing peoples' faces. They aren't necessary doing it out of spite. And no, it doesn't matter a drat what their hair colors are. Hell, my mother gave birth to me and still calls me by the wrong name sometimes. They're loving triplets; I guarantee their step-mom isn't the only person who's ever mixed their names up. If getting their names right is so important to them, God forbid they try something helpful like wear nametags when they visit step-mom.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Buttchocks posted:

Did they bother to ask whether their step-mom has a learning disability? Some people have difficulty remembering peoples' names, or associating names with faces, or distinguishing peoples' faces. They aren't necessary doing it out of spite. And no, it doesn't matter a drat what their hair colors are. Hell, my mother gave birth to me and still calls me by the wrong name sometimes. They're loving triplets; I guarantee their step-mom isn't the only person who's ever mixed their names up. If getting their names right is so important to them, God forbid they try something helpful like wear nametags when they visit step-mom.

She won't call them by the right name when they correct her. She's an rear end in a top hat.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

honestly less fine with that after years of watching even our own resident "WWII enthusiast" admin constantly defending and protecting out-and-out neonazis as they tell us all how right the Christchurch shooter was, while pretending it's just because he's such an evenhanded and impartial protector of The Discourse that must necessarily include and be dominated by nazis. Like, is it possible the guy with a room full of swastikas is not himself a Nazi sympathizer? Theoretically, I guess, but it's never actually true.
Late to the party but, holy poo poo, is this ever true. People with Nazi poo poo are Nazi sympathizers in some way, shape, or form, and I learned this from a Nazi apologist who was gay.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Buttchocks posted:

Hmmm. This is a good effort. I think you'll get some people with this one. 3/5.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ehhh shoulda implied it was how he grew up or something, that usually gets the ball rolling

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Buttchocks posted:

"If people with identical siblings want to be treated as individuals, it's on them to wear name tags" is one helluva of spicy hot take.

My rebuttal: Get hosed. Either get their names right or just straight up own the fact that you don't care.

edit:

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Hmmm. This is a good effort. I think you'll get some people with this one. 3/5.
Given the history of this thread, there is no take so bad that I won't think it's someone's sincerely held belief.

Dik Hz fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 16, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol ok nvm

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
She might be an rear end in a top hat, or there might be something wrong with her brain that she can't help or change and isnt' her fault. We're only hearing one side of this.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I'm a twin and sometimes my dad accidentally gets my name wrong. Like, he doesn't even call me my twin's name when he does this, he calls me by our older brother's name, which is way more confusing. I can imagine getting upset about this if there were some kind of unresolved issue at play, such as the kind of grievance that can arise from having a step-parent, but I let my dad slide on it because he's always been kind of a space case and is dealing with Parkinson's

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Naomi Klein is even more batshit than you thought she was.

https://twitter.com/Caulimovirus/status/1371102713505796096

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for insisting its my sisters own fault she got dropped from her university classes, and telling my family I refuse to feel sorry for her?

quote:

Her classes are all remote, through zoom, dont even need a webcam on just log on to the class so the teacher sees your name there and checks it off. But I guess that was too much for her, and she would rather sleep all day instead. Shes missed the past two weeks straight, the university policy is if you miss two weeks of classes you get dropped(I know, I go there too).

So of course yesterday when she tried to log on she found she was dropped, from everything. She was distraught because she thought she was going to get in trouble with mom and dad. Honestly I was worried they would kick her out with how they'd been talking when I started going a few years ago "if you drop out you gotta find a new place to live" and all that. While I dont feel bad for her getting dropped from the classes, I wouldnt want her to be homeless.

Instead of being upset, mom and dad just tried to comfort her. Telling her lies about how its not her fault, the school was too harsh. I was planning on keeping my feelings to myself, but mom kept bugging me asking for me to try and help make her feel better. After the 7th or 8th time that night I snapped and said my peace. Saying how "she knew the schools rules, we all were well aware of them, but shed rather sleep all day than go to class for the past two weeks. So no I refuse to feel sorry for her that her own actions caught up with her. You said if I ever did anything did anything like this I'd be kicked out! But now you're just coddling her"

Mom said the pandemic has been hard on us all, and that it should be understandable if people dont have the energy to go to class. I said I would agree, but sis has some how found the energy to go to very un safe house parties each and every weekend since the pandemic started, including the two she skipped class, putting everyone in the house at geater risk. But some how she doesn't have the energy for school?

Mom and sis aren't talking to me right now, dad is torn on who to side with.

EDIT: yes mom and dad know my sister parties, mom is afraid her missing out on a year or two of dating and socializing will lead to her being single forever. I am engaged already, before you ask.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Suddenly goons are cool with calling people the wrong name on purpose. I'm sure this could have no broader implications. This isn't a disability she gets corrected and immediately keeps doing it. Come on.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Wrong Naomi.

I remember listening to an interview with Naomi Klein where she said the first thing she has to do in a lot of meetings is reassure people that she's not the conspiracy theorist one.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

https://twitter.com/markpopham/status/1186995263807864832

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

how do I spin having the same fairly common first name as a minor celebrity into being the insane doppelganger bane of their existence

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for insisting its my sisters own fault she got dropped from her university classes, and telling my family I refuse to feel sorry for her?

it's tough to get a Mrs degree in covid world

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Soylent Pudding posted:

this was an amazing final-paragraph twist

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how do I spin having the same fairly common first name as a minor celebrity into being the insane doppelganger bane of their existence

naomi wolf is also a minor celebrity in the academic sphere, but mostly just for being extremely oof her whole career

hard to beat the highlight of her realizing, live on the air in an interview with an expert, that her soon-to-be-published book was critically flawed

https://twitter.com/thymetikon/status/1131702577878503425

https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/naomi-wolf-interview-book-error-bbc-interview.html

tldr: she wrote a whole book about gay men being executed in early modern britain for being gay. turns out she didn't understand the legal term "sentence of death recorded", which means "we are supposed to put you to death for this crime, but we understand this law is archaic and insane, so we will legally sentence you to death then immediately invalidate that sentence and give you something more appropriate". also she interpreted the crime of "sodomy" as homosexual male intercourse, when really that covered all kinds of illegal sexual acts, like bestiality. so of the men she thought were executed (none of them were) she claimed they were all gay (no record that they were). both of these could have been cleared up with a half hour's research which she failed utterly to do before writing an entire, wrong book

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 16, 2021

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

CW: infant mortality

AITA to telling my wife to stop calling herself a mother

trash posted:

My wife and I have been together for 5 years and married for 3. I’m 26 and she’s 25. Before we got together when she was 17 she was with someone else and she got pregnant. She lost that baby at 32 weeks due to the baby contracting a lung infection and dying. It sucks and is tragic and she visits the babies grave every year on the anniversary of its death. I have no problem with that.

When people ask if we have any kids, I say no and she says she had a baby but it passed away. It makes people really uncomfortable and we’ve talked about how not everyone needs to know about her dead kid.

Our issue arose when yesterday, which was supposed to be her due date, she went and got a tattoo of the babies hand prints and the name she gave it which she had been talking about for years and I was always reluctant for her to do (it seems kinda trashy but I don’t like tattoos in general) and posted it on Facebook with a big long caption about how “even though she wasn’t his earth side mother for long he taught her so much” and “How being his mother was the greatest gift she could ask for.”

I told her to stop calling herself a mother and posting depressing stuff on Facebook. It was almost a decade ago and she’s still holding on to it. What is she going to say when we have kids? That she has this many kids alive and this many dead?

She told me I was being an insensitive dick head and it’s no different than if her baby died at 6 months old. She still held it, fed it with her body, loved it and created a space in her world for it.

She hasn’t talked to me since yesterday and slept in our guest room.

I feel like she needs to get over it because it was almost 10 years ago and she’s acting like it’s fresh.

AITA?

The baby didn’t die in utero or was stillborn. It was born, developed a lung infection and died like 5 days after it was born.

trash posted:

She didn’t get to bring that kid home or even start a life. So no. She’s not a mother. She had the potential to be a mother

trash posted:

It didn’t die before it could be born. It was alive and then developed a lung infection and died in the hospital

trash posted:

She is in therapy. Her therapist supports her visiting it’s grave on the anniversary of its “death” and the tattoo

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Re Naomi Wolf: Doggonit. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

There's a little update for this one, as an edit:

AITA for being upset with my husband for using my bonus on him?

And in the comments:

Head’s up if you haven’t read all the comments on his post, but he said that you WANT to be the one who works full-time and does all the housework because that’s how it’s done in your family. So he’s straight up lying and/or thinks that all the working and cleaning is 100% your responsibility.

Yeah, dude's all messed up in the head, glad she's getting out of there

quote:

Unfortunately he has done this in the past. Not with quiet so much money. So I have to wonder if he was gaging how much he can get away with. Where he has done first and ask for forgiveness later. And when I get upset I get his upset family. I think this was the straw that broke me. He refuses to be a stay at home dad because he thinks it’s demeaning but he won’t work a job because he isn’t passionate but won’t seek counseling because they are fake. I am not sure what else I can do. Maybe this will be the kick in the behind he needs? Or it will probably make his mother that much more involved in his life.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Soylent Pudding posted:

:wtc:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

This is the precursor to the "my mom won't stop talking about her miscarriage/insists I mourn dead sibling I never met" posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Visiting the grave and getting the tattoo seam relatively reasonable but bringing up your dead child unprompted and holding a facebook pity party on the anniversary is a bit much.

The dude's right, in that if they do end up having kids she'll need to put them first and not hold them to the impossible standards of the imaginary child she's built up in her mind for 8 years.