Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lorem ipsum posted:

That won't stop me and its worked every time so far!
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!
                                             \

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Dragongem posted:

I, uh, think you're NOT supposed to cheat against a low skill but very hard ref

I've always assumed it works like this, let's say you turn on cheating and at one point your striker takes a dive in the opponent's penalty area.
Ref stats - Result
Low skill, low harshness - Falls for the dive and awards a penalty
Low skill, high harshness - Falls for the dive and awards a penalty on top of a red card
High skill, low harshness - Doesn't fall for the dive, play continues
High skill, high harshness - Doesn't fall for the dive, gives your player a yellow card for simulation

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lol im officially tanking this season for the sweet DV gainz after getting absolutely spanked by frankenfreak lol

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

bees everywhere posted:

I've always assumed it works like this, let's say you turn on cheating and at one point your striker takes a dive in the opponent's penalty area.
Ref stats - Result
Low skill, low harshness - Falls for the dive and awards a penalty
Low skill, high harshness - Falls for the dive and awards a penalty on top of a red card
High skill, low harshness - Doesn't fall for the dive, play continues
High skill, high harshness - Doesn't fall for the dive, gives your player a yellow card for simulation

Well, that's what I *thought*, but apparently it just turned into "give me all of the cards" with 4 yellows and a straight red. Are my players too honest to be good at cheating?

Probably should have gone careful with the H8 ref but still, yikes. At least there was a disallowed goal so I can't complain too much about the refs this time

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 15, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Dragongem posted:

Well, that's what I *thought*, but apparently it just turned into "give me all of the cards" with 4 yellows and a straight red. Are my players too honest to be good at cheating?

Probably should have gone careful with the H8 ref but still, yikes. At least there was a disallowed goal so I can't complain too much about the refs this time

I've been assuming that low skill means its more or less a coinflip as to who gets the penalty

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Low skill refs can miss some but not all cheating and the high harshness means cards still come out when your players do get caught, even if it's less often.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I’ve always went for skill 1-3, cheat, higher and I won’t. Harshness, 1-3 bruise, 4-6/7 normal, any higher sometimes careful.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

The last match of the league that will (likely) decide the standings in Serie Goon A is coming up between Norfolk-in-Chance and Bromo-Dragonflies. Watch me totally mess up my tactics in this one. :chord:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Rapner posted:

The last match of the league that will (likely) decide the standings in Serie Goon A is coming up between Norfolk-in-Chance and Bromo-Dragonflies. Watch me totally mess up my tactics in this one. :chord:

And since you were clowning on my goalkeeper, I got a new one.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

And since you were clowning on my goalkeeper, I got a new one.

I saw that and did the same! Only the finest in bus parking lots for my team.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

Had a ridiculous 5-4 win over the bottom ranked team in Nagele B. I got a little too cocky and wasn't expecting them to have a real offense. Tied 3-3 at half and only pulled it off by the skin of my teeth. http://xperteleven.com/gameDetails.aspx?GameID=318706420&dh=2

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

18/4 youth with a bunch of skills and -7 DV. HOPE YOU LIKE NEVER LEAVING THE PITCH.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Just got a 16/4 from my academy on my official team, can't wait for him to get injured in his first match

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Canasta_Nasty posted:

Had a ridiculous 5-4 win over the bottom ranked team in Nagele B. I got a little too cocky and wasn't expecting them to have a real offense. Tied 3-3 at half and only pulled it off by the skin of my teeth. http://xperteleven.com/gameDetails.aspx?GameID=318706420&dh=2
That game won me the Xpert pools! Albeit there were only 2 of us playing.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Canasta_Nasty posted:

the bottom ranked team

I have a plan okay! It’s just... slow.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Subliminal Ninja posted:

I have a plan okay! It’s just... slow.

High-five, fellow "young team that I'm hoping will suck less down the line" buddy

E: at least I'm assuming that's the plan

I'm gonna claim that's my plan

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

18/4 youth with a bunch of skills and -7 DV. HOPE YOU LIKE NEVER LEAVING THE PITCH.

Could be salvageable if you put him in every match until the end of the league. I've got youth on +7 already and we're just over half way through.

Edit: Transfer windows closes in 3 days, so if you're going to sell or buy anyone I'd get hopping!

Rapner fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 17, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rapner posted:

Could be salvageable if you put him in every match until the end of the league. I've got youth on +7 already and we're just over half way through.

Yeah I pivoted into getting another vet defender, made some cuts, and am going to go Vet/Vet/new youth/cycle between the two who are +5ish. Will see if I get lucky.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah I pivoted into getting another vet defender, made some cuts, and am going to go Vet/Vet/new youth/cycle between the two who are +5ish. Will see if I get lucky.

Also keep in mind if you sub a player in you get more DV total per match, up to 26% more per match. http://xperteleven-guide.blogspot.com/2013/11/me-dv-change-reports.html

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rapner posted:

Also keep in mind if you sub a player in you get more DV total per match, up to 26% more per match. http://xperteleven-guide.blogspot.com/2013/11/me-dv-change-reports.html
Good to know! Thanks.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

That link also explains why my division 2 official league team has some youth players at +6 and +7 after 3 games, meanwhile I've been mostly struggling for DV in this league with some players just now getting to +1.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Neat, that random 0-0.2 boon solves why sometimes I'd get vets who skilled up on an even 10 DV. For teammate/opponent learning I forgot where I read the exact numbers but it was something like:

- Goalies learn 40% from their defense and 60% from enemy offense
- Not sure exactly what goes on for defense/midfield
- Forwards learn 40% from enemy defense and 60% from their teammates, which explains why the 29/10 bringing up teens works so well every time.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Yesssss. Oh my God that win bonus cost me too much :shepspends:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Rapner posted:

Yesssss. Oh my God that win bonus cost me too much :shepspends:
I was delighted to concede a late equaliser to avoid paying out on a win bonus (there's fine a balance there when you aim for a draw). Winning the pools would have more than made up for it anyway, always helps when your own team is there to gamble on and you know what you're aiming for!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
One of the worst first seasons I’ve ever had but my youth DV is pretty good...
Looking forward to tanking around 6mil in to youth next year too and finishing last again!

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Some bulllllshit.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I like how the mobile app doesn't even line up with the webpage. I thought my DV decreased on some of my key youths (despite not even playing!) but it was just the app being old and bad.

Also imagine draws, forever, since that's my last 3 games.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 18, 2021

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Damnit. Typo on my press release. I'M SUCH A FAILURE!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
*pulling up match report*

wh... what? How? What?!?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

NiC & Norfolk PD clinch important win posted:

Full points for RapnerSA's Norfolk-in-Chance from their game against Bromo-Dragonflies left him in good cheer today.

'We started quite brightly, had a couple of chances. We were pressing well. That's when the coppers arrived', RapnerSA explained. 'See, young Dermot figured out a Bromo-Dragonfly is some drug thing so we called in a tip to the fuzz and told them they'd all be here at matchtime.'

Norfolk-in-Chance captain Brian Critien chirped up: 'But boss, what about evidence or any proof that they're actually dealing drugs instead of just being named after some kind of bug?'

'Nar', NiC manager RapnerSA replied. 'They were too bloody tough for us to beat in a straight up match, so I took our win bonus and made a donation instead! Sorted it right as rain.'

I should have added something like 'with that dealt with they punted in two goals and popped down the pub.'

I got my new defender up to 8 DV with 20 form and an upward trend - should I not play him now so as to avoid disturbing his form and therefore affecting his DV? Is 10 form achievable on a 17yo with 4 games to go?

Edit: I suppose I should risk it and try for a 9 or 10 if I want a few double jumps in his career.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 19, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oh god my defense needs help.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

Oh god my defense needs help.

Ow yeah the form on your older players is in the toilet.

Transfer window is closed, yeah? If not try to pick up an ancient player for a few hundred thousand.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rapner posted:

Ow yeah the form on your older players is in the toilet.

Transfer window is closed, yeah? If not try to pick up an ancient player for a few hundred thousand.

I tried a few and just came up with poo poo form every time. They're not worth training, i'm just riding them into the ground for the rest of the season.

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!
I was going to say thanks for getting me in but you gave me a bunch of moody cheating fragile divas! Calling bullshit here, how much did Hardflip pay you to give me these players?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Walamor posted:

I was going to say thanks for getting me in but you gave me a bunch of moody cheating fragile divas! Calling bullshit here, how much did Hardflip pay you to give me these players?

Hah yeah jesus what a pack of garbage players.

I'm kinda surprised you guys aren't waitlisted and it let you in. Probably we hit enough people on the waitlist to release the hounds and you can start to earn some cash to make fair teams now.

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!

Rapner posted:

Hah yeah jesus what a pack of garbage players.

I'm kinda surprised you guys aren't waitlisted and it let you in. Probably we hit enough people on the waitlist to release the hounds and you can start to earn some cash to make fair teams now.

I couldn't even beat the reserve team. My god. Gotta wait for the transfer winder to reopen, then 2/3 of this team is super loving gone.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
You think that's embarrassing?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Absolutely thrashed Bilbao -- and got almost no DV or form to show for it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
4 peoples got 5/6 right on the Xpert pools this week. A lot of what ifs there! At least enough people played that a small profit was still turned.

Looks like the champions are settled in every league now. Time to get that DV in.

Nephzinho posted:

Absolutely thrashed Bilbao -- and got almost no DV or form to show for it.
Once DV hits 7 it seems very hard to move it further. I have 1 player on 8.

Some players are also just randomly really hard to get DV for as well, for no reason I can understand (for instance my 8 skill 27yr old defender has 4 less DV than my 9 skill 28yr old defender, despite both being bought on the same week and playing 90 minutes in every match since - I thought it should be the other way round based on playing with better players and younger age).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Flayer posted:

4 peoples got 5/6 right on the Xpert pools this week. A lot of what ifs there! At least enough people played that a small profit was still turned.
I hope the one person betting on South-West Express got some of the payout for it. :)