Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Where does NXT find them and why do they keep sending them to ME?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Lid posted:

I was this forums biggest Cobb mark but he got exposed badly in the 2019 G1, couldn't run and oversold way too much. Then a year in NJPW and his breakout in the 2020 G1 taight him how to be an effective hoss. If WWE had picked him up their attitude of accentuating the negatives in their workers would have killed his career so fast.

and then he had the best match of the entire Wrestle Kingdom show this year. I love him and he is perfect and he needs to break away from Brexit Billy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

davidbix posted:

What interview was this?

i think it was either cvv or colt cabana im gonna go look real quick

e: might have been talk is jericho

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 16, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

the escape goat posted:

and then he had the best match of the entire Wrestle Kingdom show this year. I love him and he is perfect and he needs to break away from Brexit Billy.

I still miss Matanza Cueto. :smith: And I always miss Dario Cueto. :smith:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/TheRaspAndOnly/status/1371900305445683202

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Blaise330 posted:

I'm not gonna get my 5 star tokyo dome classic out of WWE wrestlemania, but as far as Drew and Bobby goes, I'm fine with it. Both have been protected for like 2 years, they're both good workers, they're big meaty men slapping meat, good nuff, I got nothing bad to say, best of luck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i cackled

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

I was this forums biggest Cobb mark but he got exposed badly in the 2019 G1, couldn't run and oversold way too much. Then a year in NJPW and his breakout in the 2020 G1 taight him how to be an effective hoss. If WWE had picked him up their attitude of accentuating the negatives in their workers would have killed his career so fast.

I'm morbidly curious to see the world where Kota and ZSJ signed with WWE during the Cruiserweight Classic

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Kota would either be a 24/7 geek or world champion. ZSJ would be sent back to the performance centre to gain weight. Zack wouldn’t be heard from again although he would remain under contract.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Obsessive cleaner Braun is a gimmick I think that has legs.

"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!"

*Furiously scrubs at limescale*

Seems like he'd be a great fit to team with Kenny Omega.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
posting on page 205 in honor of the best WWE Network show that does not actually exist

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

skaboomizzy posted:

posting on page 205 in honor of the best WWE Network show that does not actually exist

NXT UK?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm morbidly curious to see the world where Kota and ZSJ signed with WWE during the Cruiserweight Classic

Kota would have been fired inside a month for something like not showing up to the PC or 'disrespecting' a legend or whatever

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

how was it?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did Cobb not win a medal and perhaps that’s why he was slotted with the Indy guys?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Did Cobb not win a medal and perhaps that’s why he was slotted with the Indy guys?

he finished 21st out of 22, though getting Yoel Romero and Davyd Bichinashvili as his prelim opponents was definitely a lovely draw

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have really enjoyed that WWE has let Sheamus, Drew, and Lashley just be big hosses and they go hard when facing each other and some other guys like Keith Lee before Vince decided he didn't like him. Sheamus and Lashley was pretty good and they legit looked like they were beating the poo poo out of each other, and probably were to some level.

Drew and Lashley should be pretty good, and they should deliver a match that's just two big hosses unleashed. It's like the few times Brock had matches that went longer than five minutes, where it's a type of match that WWE doesn't really do and it looks and feels different from other ones.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blaise330 posted:

how was it?

I remember it being a pretty good brawl, TNA Lashley at that point in time was a beast

Codependent Poster posted:

I have really enjoyed that WWE has let Sheamus, Drew, and Lashley just be big hosses and they go hard when facing each other and some other guys like Keith Lee before Vince decided he didn't like him. Sheamus and Lashley was pretty good and they legit looked like they were beating the poo poo out of each other, and probably were to some level.

Remember how the only good match that Tensai had was when he and Sheamus went out and beat the poo poo out of each other and it was a really fun hoss off? I don't know why they didn't stick with Sheamus doing that with big dudes for a long loving time.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Testekill posted:

I remember it being a pretty good brawl, TNA Lashley at that point in time was a beast

Remember how the only good match that Tensai had was when he and Sheamus went out and beat the poo poo out of each other and it was a really fun hoss off? I don't know why they didn't stick with Sheamus doing that with big dudes for a long loving time.

Because Sheamus also does poo poo like kick a tooth out of a stationary Jeff Hardy's mouth.

Like Sheamus can only do stiff hoss fights, nothing else. He was also great as the first rival to Reigns after his first title win.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A question:

Has Shane held WWE gold? Ever?

I know he is "best in the world", but has he held a belt? I can't seem to remember him ever getting even an Intercontinental or US belt.

Stephanie though, is a multiple time Womens Champion.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

BrigadierSensible posted:

A question:

Has Shane held WWE gold? Ever?

I know he is "best in the world", but has he held a belt? I can't seem to remember him ever getting even an Intercontinental or US belt.

Stephanie though, is a multiple time Womens Champion.

Wikipedia took all the stuff about moves down, but the list of championships and accomplishments are still there on individual pages.

Shane has been
WWE European Champion x 1
Hardcore Champion x 1
Smackdown Tag-Team Champ (w/ The Miz) x 1

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hey I don’t watch WWE sorry but I am going to assume and of course, be so correct but I assume Peyton Royce just got a title program out of this below:

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1369141893624434690?s=21

So she got a massive push from this. I saw everybody talking about it. Clearly it worked?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TV Zombie posted:

That Cobb tryout story just strikes me as WWE separating recruits between amateurs and trained pros because you'd look for different things in them and send them to different levels of training. And Cobb clearly belongs in the pro group.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

ICR posted:

Hey I don’t watch WWE sorry but I am going to assume and of course, be so correct but I assume Peyton Royce just got a title program out of this below:

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1369141893624434690?s=21

So she got a massive push from this. I saw everybody talking about it. Clearly it worked?

Or they were out there to justify a push, plenty of those promos have been made and a lot of people are still in catering.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Auska vs Shayna was pretty decent. Shayna nearly accidentally concussed Auska again but I think she was okay and the spot of her murdering Shayna was cool. Probably would've been a good midcard Wrestlemania match if it was 10 minutes longer.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hey remember when the IIconics won the tag titles at Wrestlemania and then proceeded to be hilarious heel champions? And almost caused Sasha to quit?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wonder who the next person to deliver a lovely worked-shoot promo about how the office is holding them back will be. Maybe Murphy?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiro posted:

Hey remember when the IIconics won the tag titles at Wrestlemania and then proceeded to be hilarious heel champions? And almost caused Sasha to quit?
What did they do that almost caused Sasha to quit?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seams posted:

I wonder who the next person to deliver a lovely worked-shoot promo about how the office is holding them back will be. Maybe Murphy?

Comedy option: Dominik

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

What did they do that almost caused Sasha to quit?

Did you watch their matches

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Specifically, Sasha Banks and Bayley were allegedly the only people who gave a single poo poo about making tag titles, had a bunch of pitches and plans to use them across the wwf's shows, only to lose them like a month later at wrestlemania to the Iconics.

This cause Sasha Banks to flee to Meiko Satomura's Sendai Girls promotion and otherwise go off the wwf grid for a while before eventually returning to the cult. It is also the source of the "Sasha Banks and Bayley were seen lying on the floor of the hotel at Wrestlemania crying" story.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rick posted:

Auska vs Shayna was pretty decent. Shayna nearly accidentally concussed Auska again but I think she was okay and the spot of her murdering Shayna was cool. Probably would've been a good midcard Wrestlemania match if it was 10 minutes longer.

Shayna punted a few teeth right out of Asuka’s mouth, apparently

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You have to forgive Shauna, she’s a 40 year old Rookie. Needs more seasoning. That’s why it’s really good she’s teaming with Nia Jax

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Golden Bee posted:

You have to forgive Shauna, she’s a 40 year old Rookie. Needs more seasoning. That’s why it’s really good she’s teaming with Nia Jax

I think you're on to something. When Shayna kicked Asuka, you could see she immediately went down on her to check if she was okay/wanted to apologize. If she actually had any experience like Nia Jax or Charlotte, she would have known that if you injure your opponent you try to injure her further and don't care about her wellbeing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just saw today that people with the network aren't automatically getting Peacock accounts? They're going to lose so many subscribers in this transition.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

explosivo posted:

I just saw today that people with the network aren't automatically getting Peacock accounts? They're going to lose so many subscribers in this transition.
They already got NBC's money, what do they care

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jesus WEP posted:

They already got NBC's money, what do they care

They don't, and that's the thing; nobody will know how many subscribers they lost now that it's all just thrown in with all the other Peacock subscriptions. It's just so skeevy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah my brother got the network subscriber email that says "on 4/4 we're turning off the network, go get a peacock [no link or instructions, obvs] or dont who cares byeeeeee" today it rules

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

explosivo posted:

They're also cutting people off at the end of their billing cycle, if it is before the shutdown date of the 4th, and giving people with gift cards credit if they apply for it. So, many people who want to continue to use the network up until the day it dies in the US will be unable to. I'm sure that will make their loyal customers happy. Given this, I'm now even more glad that the copies of 2004 shows that I am watching are now slightly more ethically sourced from a place that doesn't make trips to Saudi Arabia, as I wouldn't enjoy dealing with this clusterfuck.

Apparently, according to a test that a friend of mine tried and showed me screenshots of, they are also banning logins to US-American accounts from UK and some other country's IPs. So, if people want to continue to use with VPNs, they will have to open a new account, instead of just changing billing info to fake it, if that will even still work.

As I enjoy hearing about a good corporate clusterfuck when I'm not forced to deal with it, my fun chaos option that I am lightly predicting a chance of is tons of accounts of people in non-US countries being accidentally shutdown because WWE is generally incompetent and because so many people have been using VPNs to get deals and access from other countries that WWE may not even be slick enough to know who they should block from where and how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
don't forget the move to peacock includes losing access to a ton of archival content