Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Aidan_702 posted:

ugh what? I know that NowTV is bad but it can't be 720p can it? Why make it higher quality to torrent??

Chairman Capone posted:

It always made me laugh when in Winter Soldier, they mention both that Black Widow worked for the KGB... and was born in 1986. So canonically she was a 5 year old KGB agent.
Maybe the Soviet Union lasted slightly longer in the MCU? I mean unless Red Guardian has some slow-aging effects he was like 15 when they broke up too...

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The only place to watch this in Australia using the murdoch-owned BINGE streaming service, which does not have 4K or HDR. The HD option is a high-ish bitrate 1080p. There's a free trial which everyone is abusing to stream ZSJL until the higher quality bootlegs drop.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kevin Smith is hosting the virtual red carpet event and incorrectly said the premiere would be 9PT/12ET. Gotta wait 3 more hours.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Even Snyder was like go watch now! lol

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

I would love to watch the streams but they don't work for me time wise.

Here's what you're missing out on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

bushisms.txt posted:

Not a mistake, he's using " handheld" to allow the obvious cgi objects to become reality, so the camera is purposefully having a hard time keeping up with what's going on. It follows through with how Superman is shot when he approaches the court in BvS, these are monsters battling.

But I have to disagree, the mos fights are some of the most readable and best fight scenes he's done.

I get what its for but I disagree that its a good thing. That's opinion not fact, don't try to correct my opinion sir. If you like it, cool, but I hated it. Having the camera not do the fake handheld thing would make it much easier to follow the action, and you'd probably get a lot less of those complaints from the audience.

I also don't think its necessary to make CG look realistic, and the CG in MOS looks fantastically realistic even when the camera is locked off on a tripod. Its overkill and just ruins the otherwise excellently choreographed action that they spent so much money on.

2house2fly posted:

It's notable that Snyder is The Slowdown Guy, just about all his previous films had a bunch of speed-ramping to show off sick bits of action, but there's no slowdown at all in Man Of Steel. You probably have to watch the ending fight with Zod a few times to really understand what's happening because it's so fast and furious- a lot of people only watched it in the cinema and left with the impression that Superman knocked a bunch of buildings down

I mean I guess the slowmo had become a bit of a cliche so maybe he was trying to go sparingly on it, which is noble, but I would think DBZ combat is one place where slowmo would work really well.

I would kill for some of that slowmo from 300 or watchmen during MOS so you can better follow the action.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I never thought I'd see Darkseid on the silver screen.

I understood these movies got recut but the fact that Steppenwolf was in Suicide Squad and Darkseid was in JL and neither appear in the theatrical cuts just blows my mind.

I can kinda get it, trying to limit the scope and cut out characters not central to that movie's plot, but goddamn that's so huge. It's like if they had Thanos in Iron Man and then cut him and we didn't see him until Infinity War as a result.

Darkseid looks good too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Schwarzwald posted:

Here's what you're missing out on.

Lmao

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
General Kala,

What do you mean "Bat Plane Approaching?" Open fire!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Zaphod42 posted:

I understood these movies got recut but the fact that Steppenwolf was in Suicide Squad and Darkseid was in JL and neither appear in the theatrical cuts just blows my mind.

I can kinda get it, trying to limit the scope and cut out characters not central to that movie's plot, but goddamn that's so huge. It's like if they had Thanos in Iron Man and then cut him and we didn't see him until Infinity War as a result.

Darkseid looks good too.

I mean, it's really silly to do it when you're trying to create a cinematic universe a la MCU. Especially when you're big bads look like Steppenwolf and Darkseid as opposed to purple Thanos.

versus

Who looks more intimidating/badass? It's always going to be Uxas.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

JL re: Steppenwolf He gets so much screentime and is fleshed out to the max. It's incredible. He's honestly one of my favorite parts of the entire thing. Ciaran Hinds knocks it out the park.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:siren: REMINDER :siren:

Zack Snyder's Justice League is scheduled to go live in about an hour (2AM CT). Join us for a watch party in the CineD Discord! Stream will be in the Snack Snyder voice channel. Stream chat will be in the ZSJL spoiler channel.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Vintersorg posted:

JL re: Steppenwolf He gets so much screentime and is fleshed out to the max. It's incredible. He's honestly one of my favorite parts of the entire thing. Ciaran Hinds knocks it out the park.
Yeah, I totally get why he was so upset at the theatrical release.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I guess you guys got me and I'm snyderpilled now :cheeky: Had fun watching the BvS stream with y'all, gonna try to stay up for Snydercut but I may have to crash before the end.

Vintersorg posted:

That's great to hear. One of my biggest complaints about JL was how they utterly failed to use Hinds acting chops

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

I guess you guys got me and I'm snyderpilled now :cheeky: Had fun watching the BvS stream with y'all, gonna try to stay up for Snydercut but I may have to crash before the end.

We're glad to have you, genuinely. It's so much more fun to enjoy things, even if they're not perfect

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

:cheers:

dome folk are an okay bunch once you get to know them

:haw:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I hope the justice league win in this version

Caros
May 14, 2008

So... Pretty good tbh.

I knew Victor got done dirty, and I had my suspicions about flash, but I was really shocked by how bad they screwed over the later.

Whedon clearly had to write flash out for the finale due to his impact on it, which left him gently caress all to do, and it shows so hard.

Probably could have cut it down to three hours without losing anything of note. Entire chunks like the iris plotline with flash are completely pointless to the film, even if they are neat. Could probably cut down to 3:30 just by cutting the extreme overuse of slo-mo.

Steppenwolf was the big winner. Since whedon completely deleted the entire darksied plotline, they had to toss out basically all of his scenes that weren't big scary monster moments. With the ending restored to its intent, Steppenwolf actually had motivation and some measure of depth to his character.

I'd be shocked if they try to continue with the whedon cut as the 'canon' film. This one had its flaws, but was actually a good film.

Edit: the future epilogue crap was dumb as hell IMHO, and the exact reason Snyder does need to be restrained at times. Also leto still sucks as joker.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the one upshot to watching this impossibly boring waste of time is being rewarded with the only interesting part: the schadenfreude of three back to back sequel teases for movies that will, thank god, never be made

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Part of the reason why the Snyder Cut rules so hard is that it's making people who know they're going to hate it waste four hours of their life.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I am leaving this thread until I finally get a chance to watch it! 4 hours is a very big ask to take over the television during a work day...GOD SPEED GOONS

:edit:

Bogus Adventure posted:

Who looks more intimidating/badass? It's always going to be Uxas.

While I haven't seen Darkseid in motion yet, I have to say Thanos was a villain who was too good for the MCU. In infinity war at least he is so incredibly well animated and Brolin just does an amazing job of making him threatening and terrifying without going down the 'evil for no good reason mustache twirling' route. I have a feeling I'll still prefer Thanos after this

other edit:

Looks like it's locked in now at 78% on RT

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Mar 18, 2021

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the more I try to think of a single memorable moment in any fight scene in this entire movie, the more I think they should have constructed the whole movie out of the part where steppenwolf kills horses

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That was fantastic. Those four hours just plain flew by.

LesterGroans posted:

Part of the reason why the Snyder Cut rules so hard is that it's making people who know they're going to hate it waste four hours of their life.

This

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
God that was incredible

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Not just better than WC but surprisingly a good film.

Setting up the parademons and making Steppenwolf a character works infinitely better for the story, and pacing out the collection of each mother box and spending more time with characters makes everything work better. And then the ending, wow, so much more detailed.

I don't know how you make that work for a 2-hour theater, 3-hours is doable but 4-hours feels too long. But in this day and age of HBO Max and binging TV series it works perfectly. Maybe Snyder has cracked into that we need a new "model" between movie and tv show? :shrug:

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Good flick, as they say.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Axel Serenity posted:

God that was incredible

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jack Kirby’s Fourth World credit gave me a big stupid smile.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I loved this movie so much.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
film

good

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Amazing film, made better by watching with goons :cheers:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I am simultaneously overjoyed to see this and just how good it was, and absolutely loving furious at how dirty Warner Bros, Geoff Johns, and Joss Whedon did every part of this movie

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I cannot even begin to process just how much I enjoyed this goddamn movie. It is loving incredible. Zack Snyder is a mad man, and has given us his magnum opus of cape poo poo, lmao. It's Snyder unfiltered, and it is so loving good.

Also, I cannot believe how anyone can in good faith say Zack Snyder's Justice League is THE SAME as the 2017 pile of horseshit. There's no way someone could ever actually believe that.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I'm in shock.They wasted 3 and half years of everybody's time, torpedoed their own franchise, lost Snyder who brought billions to WB, burnt Ayer, alienated Affleck so bad he left for Paramount after winning an oscar for WB and building a solid mid budget drama career with them, and dinamited their own future slate for Joss loving Whedon and his utterly bland garbage.

This was amazing and Snyder as gently caress.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 18, 2021

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Four hours felt like two, no lie.

Roth posted:

I am simultaneously overjoyed to see this and just how good it was, and absolutely loving furious at how dirty Warner Bros, Geoff Johns, and Joss Whedon did every part of this movie

this a million times

Also Whedon edited out every PoC he could, not an exaggeration in the least.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

McSpanky posted:

Four hours felt like two, no lie.

Yuuup. That was a breezy 4 hours. Love how it was broken up into 6 parts too. The editing of those title card inserts were so perfect.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Roth posted:

It's wild/infuriating to see scenes that are generally similar in the theatrical cut. You had all this good footage... why would you toss it?!??

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Don't remember Wonder woman being that scary in her first scene, she moved like faora from man of steel. Blocking bullets with her bracers still looks goofy though.

Movie good

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I started a little later than you guys and am at the Superman fight. This is incredible comic madness.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Starting some time in part 5, I entered a near constant state of hooting, hollering, and laughing my rear end off. This rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Maybe Snyder has cracked into that we need a new "model" between movie and tv show? :shrug:
It's funny/sad that what hosed up Justice League is trying to chase Marvel. But in the years after, Marvel has put out 3 hour+ superhero epics and is now starting to do these very miniseries that are in-between movie and TV shows.

Anyway, I've spent 15 years getting excited for Zack Snyder movies and being disappointed. But I want to believe!