Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

You hire Rob Liefield to make a 12 issue comic series you get four issues over a 2 year period and then he starts working on something else.

Much like J. Michael Straczynski.

Christ, his run on Superman was terrible, and the only good thing about Grounded was the absolute body slam Mark Waid gave him when Straczynski decided to get catty about the sales of Spider-Man after he left that book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
How many times has everyone watched the Snyder Cut today?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't know very much about movies and/or comic books but I feel like Zack Snyder is the Rob Liefield of movies and Rob Liefield is the Zack Snyder of comic books.

Maybe the weird aspect ratio makes it easier to not show feet.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

General Dog posted:

Zero, and I don't expect that number to climb.

I have however watched a lot of cars go roundy round, drank far too much, and ate far too much.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

It's four hours long mathmatically it can't be that many

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

4:3 is a better ratio for Christ imagery, it’s hard to frame the nails in Superman’s hands and feet at the same time in 16:9 or wider

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

iwentdoodie posted:

I have however watched a lot of cars go roundy round, drank far too much, and ate far too much.

This is the whole point of going to a race, I've gone to NASCAR in Michigan since I was 15 and the end of August looks hopeful to be able to go again

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

swickles posted:

Sorry Fiz, we are gonna be on opposite sides of the Moderna/Pfizer Gang Wars of 2023.

Pfizer supremacy

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

Pfizer supremacy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's four hours long mathmatically it can't be that many

I’m looping it staggered 15 minutes apart on 10 different screens, like Ozymandias in the Zach Snyder film “The Watchmen”

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Zach Snyder will forever be a coward in my eyes for not putting the space squid in Warchmen.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

I’m looping it staggered 15 minutes apart on 10 different screens, like Ozymandias in the Zach Snyder film “The Watchmen”

Stop the Snyder Cut? I released it 12 hours ago.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got my vaccine this afternoon, I can feel the nanobots rewriting my mDNA.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Get one of every shot. They won't tell you this because they're afraid you will achieve Real Ultimate Power.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Spoeank posted:

all you shot gangs and I just want to join any gang!!!

Not an emptyquote

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Quiet Feet posted:

Get one of every shot. They won't tell you this because they're afraid you will achieve Real Ultimate Power.

It’s true. This was me after i got my two modernas my two pfizers and my one johnson and johnson

Only registered members can see post attachments!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

GD_American posted:

I've had electricians/plumbers/others fixing and upgrading some stuff beyond my skill level for several months, and not one single one has ever come to my door wearing a mask. Nobody pitches a fit when I ask, but I do have to ask, and that bothers me.

No mask (or full face shield) on one of our jobs, and you get your separation check on the spot, my man. Fastest way to find yourself back at the hall signing up for the out of work list around here.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I know we’re all social malcontents so dumb vaccine gang discourse in here is fine, but I swear to god if someone asks me this summer “so what vaccine did you get?” I will punch* them.

* passively aggressively make a snide comment that only I understand and appreciate and then post about it how badly I owned this stranger online

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

D-LINK posted:

No mask (or full face shield) on one of our jobs, and you get your separation check on the spot, my man. Fastest way to find yourself back at the hall signing up for the out of work list around here.

Oh man I wish my work was like that. Absolutely no one wears a mask unless they absolutely have to. Even then it’s only if the GC is looking.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

D-LINK posted:

Mad respect for that. There are so many aggressive anti-maskers here in Madison that it drives me loving nuts. And there's still no way in loving hell that I'm eating at a restaurant anytime soon; I've seen how places have done their outdoor seating and no one's wearing a mask and those tables are not six feet apart. I'll stick to delivery and just eating poo poo I make myself at home.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

D-LINK posted:

union work seems like you get less of the tiny tyrant types though

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
SHIELD season 5 spoilers

So they’re in the future, trying to get back to the past to fix whatever happened to make this future happen.

Except they keep splitting up and going out of their way to help people in this future. Why? If they go back and fix things none of this happens and it’s likely most of these people don’t exist. Seems like a stupid waste of time

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

SHIELD season 5 spoilers

So they’re in the future, trying to get back to the past to fix whatever happened to make this future happen.

Except they keep splitting up and going out of their way to help people in this future. Why? If they go back and fix things none of this happens and it’s likely most of these people don’t exist. Seems like a stupid waste of time

You're at the point that Agents of SHIELD basically abandoned any pretense of making the slightest bit of sense. Strap in and enjoy the ride.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

D-LINK posted:

Yeah I don't doubt a thorough lack of unions around here contributes to it

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Joey Freshwater posted:

SHIELD season 5 spoilers

I thought this was going to be about Vic Mackey, then was disappointed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Timby posted:

Mad respect for that. There are so many aggressive anti-maskers here in Madison that it drives me loving nuts. And there's still no way in loving hell that I'm eating at a restaurant anytime soon; I've seen how places have done their outdoor seating and no one's wearing a mask and those tables are not six feet apart. I'll stick to delivery and just eating poo poo I make myself at home.

Around here, "outdoor" dining means you're dining inside, but it's a rickety shack or tent instead of insulated walls, probably heated by propane-burning stands. That's it, that's the only difference. It goes beyond any plausible degree of magical thinking that outdoor dining is safe and is just straight up "here's a loophole that lets us do it so we're doing it and we don't care about covid" and this is liberal bay area, not some redneck hick part of the state.

We've been supporting the local restaurants that don't pull that poo poo, as much as we can, by buying takeout from them.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh man I wish my work was like that. Absolutely no one wears a mask unless they absolutely have to. Even then it’s only if the GC is looking.

During PA's only real lockdown last Mar-Apr, the union business agents and leadership met with the signatory contractors on standards so that people could get back to work and stay at work. So, everyone agreed to get temp scanned before entering a jobsite and to wear their masks, no exceptions. Just one of those times that being a union shop worked out for everyone

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Guze posted:

This is the whole point of going to a race, I've gone to NASCAR in Michigan since I was 15 and the end of August looks hopeful to be able to go again

Truth.

Imsa is just awesome, and sebring especially so, because it starts Wednesday and ends Saturday night. I've watched two full races today, and watched 9 different classes of cars either qualify, race or practice today.

Tomorrow will be the same.

Saturday is the twelve hour finale.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

iwentdoodie posted:

Truth.

Imsa is just awesome, and sebring especially so, because it starts Wednesday and ends Saturday night. I've watched two full races today, and watched 9 different classes of cars either qualify, race or practice today.

Tomorrow will be the same.

Saturday is the twelve hour finale.

Camping at the track is the only way to do it, we used to drive back and forth to a hotel and it loving sucks

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
Lmao Steppenwolf just showed up. I knew what was coming but still.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Neil Armbong posted:

Born to be Wild!!!!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
All of this CG looks so bad, especially with how much of it has been redone.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Neil Armbong posted:

While I generally like the DCEU movies, I wish they weren't as slavishly tied to comics lore and the naming conventions. Like, even Marvel Studios realized the "Cosmic Cube" was just a complete mouthful to say, so they renamed it the Tesseract for the movies. I wish DC had done the same with Steppenwolf. Like, I know he's been a DC villain in the comics since the '70s, but when people see or hear that name, their immediate reaction is to associate it with the band, not the Herman Hesse novel or the actual steppe wolf animal.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Neil Armbong posted:

Pfizer supremacy

Coco13 posted:

I know we’re all social malcontents so dumb vaccine gang discourse in here is fine, but I swear to god if someone asks me this summer “so what vaccine did you get?” I will punch* them.

* passively aggressively make a snide comment that only I understand and appreciate and then post about it how badly I owned this stranger online

Honestly, I usually ask from a data standpoint. Other med goons may get this as well, but I get asked by folks what side effects people have had after the questioner got their shot, and it helps to hear from personal experience. My wife and I got Pfizer so I can answer to that and my sister in law had Moderna.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Timby posted:

While I generally like the DCEU movies, I wish they weren't as slavishly tied to comics lore and the naming conventions. Like, even Marvel Studios realized the "Cosmic Cube" was just a complete mouthful to say, so they renamed it the Tesseract for the movies. I wish DC had done the same with Steppenwolf. Like, I know he's been a DC villain in the comics since the '70s, but when people see or hear that name, their immediate reaction is to associate it with the band, not the Herman Hesse novel or the actual steppe wolf animal.

Granny Goodness the main antagonist of a 2025 movie

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Time to do my once yearly ritual of searching for what channel Tru TV is.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

real talk my arm is sore

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
I wonder what gang I'm joining tomorrow.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
lol you’ve never had a professor this bad

https://twitter.com/NMBCanada/status/1372621837797101569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

real talk my arm is sore

Yeah that’s common. If it bugs you too much, take a tylenol.