Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

How the gently caress have all of you gotten shots???

I’ve been asking the same thing in the Chicago thread. Apparently everyone is fat or a smoker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

A) The Midwest and South seems to be ahead of the West Coast on vaccine distribution.
B) obesity is a preexisting condition.

I'm not eligible yet. :saddowns:

California at least started off distribution incredibly poorly but has since gotten its act together.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They also operate (at least here) completely on the honor system. Guy who checked me in asked why I'm eligible and I just said "BMI" and he said okay. No one else asked anything.

They just want needles in arms

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

There’s also a lot of random luck, and I think it definitely helps to be in less populated areas. I’ve heard from friends that some chicago burbs are giving shots away to all comers. Western Illinois has shots galore if I didn’t mind making a 5 hour round trip to get a shot.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

They also operate (at least here) completely on the honor system. Guy who checked me in asked why I'm eligible and I just said "BMI" and he said okay. No one else asked anything.

They just want needles in arms

Aren't you, like, skeleton level skinny?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't remember did the original JL have all this pretentious "Part 1" "Part 2" poo poo

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eifert Posting posted:

He was like a decade ago, but that was, you know, a decade ago.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

I can't remember did the original JL have all this pretentious "Part 1" "Part 2" poo poo

No, but it also wasn’t 4 hours long. It’s kind of understandable for it to give people permission to take a break.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The day after my second shot the soreness from the shot combined with the body aches made my left arm almost completely useless. Everything was fine the next day though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Intruder posted:

No. Snyder originally re-edited the cut to be a four-episode miniseries, but put it together as one movie after legal concerns popped up.

And I don't see how it's pretentious.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The first hour of the Snyder cut is basically what you’d get if you took the extended edition LotR and edited it down to only the originally-deleted scenes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Timby posted:

No. Snyder originally re-edited the cut to be a four-episode miniseries, but put it together as one movie after legal concerns popped up.

And I don't see how it's pretentious.

If anything it makes it easier to watch because it provides good stopping points because i sure aint poo poo watching it in one sitting. Although I might simply because I will have it on and fall asleep at some point.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I can’t believe they actually licensed University of Wisconsin logos for the Snyder Cut.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

General Dog posted:

The first hour of the Snyder cut is basically what you’d get if you took the extended edition LotR and edited it down to only the originally-deleted scenes.

Yeah, I'm watching it now and the first hour is really awkwardly paced, although I do have to tip my hat to Snyder for putting two Nick Cave songs in there.

I'm really enjoying the movie in general, though.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The music is so bad, otherwise it’s not terrible

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m guessing Gotham City U occupies Rutgers’ place in the Big Ten in this universe?

Edit: eh, looks like they’re an Under Armour school, so maybe they’re closer to a Maryland analogue.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 19, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thursday night BATCTION

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I would've liked to see an Affleck stand alone Batman, really like him and Irons playing off each other

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm just sad that Battlebots is over for the season :(

That was like several months of amazing Thursday night TV watching

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm over 200 pounds my dude

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

Much like J. Michael Straczynski.

Christ, his run on Superman was terrible, and the only good thing about Grounded was the absolute body slam Mark Waid gave him when Straczynski decided to get catty about the sales of Spider-Man after he left that book.

He wrote like 4 years of good Spider-Man before that.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I'm over 200 pounds my dude

Pics

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Seems pretty consistent with his reviews:

https://twitter.com/NickXHall/status/1372653588636401665

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m starting to run out of gas with the Snyder Cut here. Somebody come jump me off with a Mother Box

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

It’s true. This was me after i got my two modernas my two pfizers and my one johnson and johnson

The vax equivalent of getting a suicide at the soda fountain.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/sedonaprince_/status/1372736231562342402

NCAA Delende Est

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

This is fake, it's not in 4:3!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hot Diggity! posted:

How the gently caress have all of you gotten shots???

San Diego has started vaccinating otherwise healthy people with a BMI over 25, so I just barely qualified.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I can't believe I sat through that 4 hour event that was the Snyder Cut.

Oh wait, I'm a loving comics goon.

I also now realize all the parts I though were funny in the original Justice League were thanks to Whedon, which says a lot about how I correctly guessed Snyder's version would be so dour.

I hope this serves as a lesson on how a good editor can trim a lot of unnecessary fat from a project, but this will likely be loved enough to be considered a "hit." I did like the big gently caress you to fans with the Joker stinger being "It was all it's a dream!" again, though I kind of wish we got more Martian Manhunter & Green Lanterns.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

San Diego has started vaccinating otherwise healthy people with a BMI over 25, so I just barely qualified.

The way each county is just like "uhhhh gently caress it" and making their criteria at random is so funny

Sacramento County is just holding up a "need vaccines?" sign at old folks homes basically

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Portland/Multnomah County is still in phase 1(!) so no shot for me yet.

Also stimulus hasn't arrived yet either so things are going along swimmingly here.

Did I mention my work computer died and I found out my home laptop is too advanced to recognize my work Cintiq, so I'll need to replace both?

At least I watched the Snyder Cut. And apparently Falcon & the Winter Soldier starts tomorrow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Cyborg stuff in the Snyder cut is absolutely ridiculous

Here, I'm giving you basically infinite power as a test of your character to see if you'll choose not to use it

e: Cyborg making these weird reverb sounds every time he moves is dumb as gently caress too

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 19, 2021

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Spoeank posted:

The way each county is just like "uhhhh gently caress it" and making their criteria at random is so funny

Sacramento County is just holding up a "need vaccines?" sign at old folks homes basically

Same with Marin, it's still at 40 BMI and no early in for smokers

Weed is a kind of smoke, give me my friggin shot

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grandmas Cookies posted:

Def, heard of people getting sore arm from the first shot.

It’s the second shot that fucks you up.

Goonspeed!

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

The Cyborg stuff in the Snyder cut is absolutely ridiculous

Here, I'm giving you basically infinite power as a test of your character to see if you'll choose not to use it

e: Cyborg making these weird reverb sounds every time he moves is dumb as gently caress too

On the other hand I can see why Ray Fisher was pushing for the Snyder Cut: it actually gives him a backstory & more screen time. Too bad he didn't just get a movie of his own.

Apparently this was also supposed to be broken up into a miniseries but some legal poo poo kept it as one four hour* movie.

Oh well, it's over. It was nice to see a director get his full vision out the way he wanted and now I don't need to see it again.

*and 2 minute

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1372765007704858629

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/JordanRasko/status/1367677410255142914

NSFW but a pro click

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I saw this posted in another thread and apparently they're a goon. Good for them!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Fuckin' got em coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I could barely hear what was said over the music.