Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

At the same time, who giiiiiiives a poo poo about those petty petty details. What's cool here is Destroyer Vegeta, and the incoming Super Saiyan Royal Purple. The Nightsoul prophecy has come true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I don’t give a poo poo about destroyer Vegeta. It’s a pretty vague title that doesn’t do anything particularly interesting for Vegeta

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I guess Forced Spirit Fission is already So Last Season. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I guess Forced Spirit Fission is already So Last Season. :v:

Forced Spirit Fission is basically like the Destructo Disc because it's something that can effortlessly and easily win a battle and thus is never allowed to work.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Doesn't FSS only work on like fusions and energy stealers? It's a handy counterplay to poo poo Getes doesn't like but it's not like it would apply to every fight he has. Granolah is just using his own power, if concentrated and compressed to an unhealthy level.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

feetnotes posted:

Yeah this storyline owns so far. I like that it uses the Moro arc in certain small ways to kick off the action and build on the plot. Feels like Radditz's arrival kicking off events through the end of the Namek saga. And there's stuff for characters who aren't the 2-3 strongest to do!

I wonder if Granolah's inevitable face-turn (if you can call it that since he's basically in the right, if powerfully stupid - and that's a cooler arc enemy than another mustache-twirling pure evil being!) at the end of this arc will be him helping to take down the Heeters and sacrifice himself? Or might he stick around for another arc ending in a final confrontation with Freeza?

Get ready to watch Goku save loving Freeza's life

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Caidin posted:

Doesn't FSS only work on like fusions and energy stealers? It's a handy counterplay to poo poo Getes doesn't like but it's not like it would apply to every fight he has. Granolah is just using his own power, if concentrated and compressed to an unhealthy level.

Yeah it's not going to do poo poo in this situation

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Now he just have to wish for eternal life , problem solved...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Quack posted:

Now he just have to wish for eternal life , problem solved...

Honestly, does he want to? Seems like he's totally fine going out in a blaze of glory as long as he kills Freeza

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Honestly, does he want to? Seems like he's totally fine going out in a blaze of glory as long as he kills Freeza

Than just wish for his 150 years back.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Quack posted:

Than just wish for his 150 years back.

If he cared that much in the first place he wouldn't have sold'em off. Dude seemed like he was listless and unhappy even when he thought Freeza was dead. All he wants is to punch his demons in the face.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah remember that his reaction to hearing that Freeza had come back to life was joy, cause now he could kill Freeza himself.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I still dont understand how Vegeta was struggling with it when Goku could mostly do it like 5 arcs ago?

e: In fact he's only stopped because Zamasu steals Mai and uses her as a body shield.

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 19, 2021

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kild posted:

I still dont understand how Vegeta was struggling with it when Goku could mostly do it like 5 arcs ago?

If it didn't happen in the anime you can probably assume it's quietly forgotten.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They literally addressed this like two chapters ago! Goku said he was trying to imitate it but it wasn't nearly as strong as Beerus so it probably wouldn't have worked in the end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That was how the manga took care of Zamasu instead of Trunks' cool rear end spirit sword, right?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Electric Phantasm posted:

That was how the manga took care of Zamasu instead of Trunks' cool rear end spirit sword, right?

No. It was Zeno like in the anime.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

They literally addressed this like two chapters ago! Goku said he was trying to imitate it but it wasn't nearly as strong as Beerus so it probably wouldn't have worked in the end.

I think it was also mentioned around the point of him initially trying it that he was trying to do it with pure ki alone, and it was incredibly difficult. So, kind of the same move, but without any of the technique and knowledge that makes it possible without massive drawbacks.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder if we'll see 7-3 again? They made a pretty big deal out of him at the beginning.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I wonder if we'll see 7-3 again? They made a pretty big deal out of him at the beginning.

Probably not, he served his plot function already in letting the Heeters know who Goku and Vegeta are

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Skeleton Mom posted:

Probably not, he served his plot function already in letting the Heeters know who Goku and Vegeta are

On the other hand, he might be how the Heeters try to take out Granolah

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

On the other hand, he might be how the Heeters try to take out Granolah

They'd probably lean on Gas in that situation rather then duct tape a mid boss from last arc back together.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blockhouse posted:

I think Beerus also mentioned erasing immortal people is really hard/impossible for him?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Justin_Brett posted:

I think Beerus also mentioned erasing immortal people is really hard/impossible for him?

He did, yes. Goku thought he could've Destroyed Fused Zamasu in the manga, but Beerus had to point out that he can't actually Destroy an immortal being. IIRC, in the anime, Goku actually does think Beerus couldn't do it, hence why Whis had another method to stop Zamasu in Future Trunks' time-altered timeline.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Finally read the last volumes of Dragon Ball after stopping ~15y ago at the climax of the Tien fight. The final tourney arc was great but the original Piccolo part felt rushed. Piccolo collects the dragon balls almost entirely offscreen with little resistance, and Goku never got a proper power-up section like with Taopaipai. Also wish the evil trio got a redemption scene somehow after Piccolo threw them out of the plane.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean just cause you add a hasty retcon doesnt make it better. Especially for something that in the end didn’t do anything.

Dude needs to plan his arcs out better

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he planned out the arc but it's not like he's the one drawing the manga, he just supervises and works with toyotaro

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Electric Phantasm posted:

No, the Vegito thing still happened, then Trunks cut Zamasu in half and he started budding into a bunch of clones. And then Zeno came in.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

he planned out the arc but it's not like he's the one drawing the manga, he just supervises and works with toyotaro

I’m talking about Toyotaro. Most of the actual details are his. Which is probably why they are generally lame.

Also Xenoverse 2 is still trucking and has a father son kamehameha with future Gohan which is animated fairly well for Xenovrse 2

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i do apologize for ancient bump, but i just discovered this:

Siegkrow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZy8D4B8LLs

Jesus poor Scott sound hoarse as gently caress.

i know they hadn't made anything since they finished the cell saga, so this isn't really surprising, but it still sucks greatly. :(

Burkion posted:

For another point in why they stopped DBZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9w7W8MFRcw

Just, this. This is the kind of poo poo they have to deal with, and it's not something they can just ignore.

this makes absolutely zero sense. DBZOA is CLEARLY parody. they're not doing an alternate dub, the entire series is mocking DBZ. i get that sean is partly doing PR here, but he seems to be way more harsh and douchey than necessary (as i always figured!)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Goku

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sean Schemmel is always a prick

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Remembering the fighter z event where he did zero prep while chris sabat got sonicfox to train him.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Remembering the fighter z event where he did zero prep while chris sabat got sonicfox to train him.

And then started whining about the controller and being an enormous baby? Good times.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

wait also didn't Sabat actually do voice work for DBZA? that makes sean's comments even stranger

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he also got the Ocean dub Goku VA uninvited from Kamehacon temporarily until people threw a shitfit and he backed down

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Earth's mightiest warrior with the thinnest skin

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

wait also didn't Sabat actually do voice work for DBZA? that makes sean's comments even stranger

TFS also did the Mr. Satan Cell Games play in Kai but it got axed for the tv airing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-HiOzcjJg

Kild fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 20, 2021

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

multijoe posted:

I do like that the SSJ3 three hair is seemingly the universal expression for burning through your energy is the most excessive and wasteful way possible
he should have grown a big beard, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
Unless Beerus is training Vegeta to become the next Hakaishin, shouldn't it be, uh, at least frowned upon by the Angels and Zeno that he's teaching Vegeta hakai? It doesn't seem like a power that should be wielded by mortals (except those apprenticing to become the next Hakaishin).