Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

well i wasn't planning on spending at all until the tv speaker shaming encouragement from others. i was considering hooking up an old pair of speakers (from that mini hifi), since that apparently would be a decent option (again, according to thread even cheap pc speakers are ikely to be an improvement). one problem though, is that i'm pretty sure i'd lose remote volume control, since i think that's what "(FIX)" below the audio output means.

i have considered a soundbar in the past, but i'd probably want to save up to get a better one.

Update: yup, no remote volume control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lol Disco Elysium was essentially banned in Australia. :( Thought I finally had something to play

https://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2021/03/19/disco-elysium-the-final-cut-has-been-refused-classification-in-australia/

“The computer game is classified RC … as computer games that “depict, express or otherwise deal with matters of sex, drug misuse or addiction, crime, cruelty, violence or revolting or abhorrent phenomena in such a way that they offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that they should not be classified."

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Ps5 is region unlocked, right? Just import it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Lol Disco Elysium was essentially banned in Australia. :( Thought I finally had something to play

https://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2021/03/19/disco-elysium-the-final-cut-has-been-refused-classification-in-australia/

“The computer game is classified RC … as computer games that “depict, express or otherwise deal with matters of sex, drug misuse or addiction, crime, cruelty, violence or revolting or abhorrent phenomena in such a way that they offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that they should not be classified."

Honestly I'm surprised the original game got past the ratings board, because those fuckers are conservative as hell and would've balked at literally anything in the first ten minutes of it.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Finally got one from the wal mart drop yesterday! Only thing that sucks is that I’ve got to wait until April 8 now.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Customizing your toys is cool as heck but why boring plain black? Why not a lacquered red chrome or a deep purple or kelly green or something? If you don't want to see the thing just put it in an enclosed cabinet.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Casnorf posted:

Customizing your toys is cool as heck but why boring plain black? Why not a lacquered red chrome or a deep purple or kelly green or something? If you don't want to see the thing just put it in an enclosed cabinet.
Edit
Nevermind. This thread is just poo poo. Sorry for posting my PS5 in here, I didn't know it was controversial

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
This thread is actually pretty cool and you can share/post about your sweet PS5 mods as much as you like!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

now i feel bad for a guy whos so insecure that he cant handle an obvious gag im sorry i made fun of your clip on faceplates

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I don't care what color your PS5 is, hth.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I don't even SEE color :smuggo:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still don't understand why the PS5 didn't launch with a bunch of different plate colors to choose from. Seems like easy money.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

RatHat posted:

I still don't understand why the PS5 didn't launch with a bunch of different plate colors to choose from. Seems like easy money.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Might be they decided it wasn't worth it yet and to focus on just getting it on the shelves at all. There will probably a bunch of official game-themed cover plates soon enough once the console really gets established, it's just too much of an obvious marketing opportunity not to.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I have some iridescent purple/green paint; maybe that's the way. Make my TV stand look like a bruise.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Edit
Nevermind. This thread is just poo poo. Sorry for posting my PS5 in here, I didn't know it was controversial

I thought it looked decent actually. Is the vinyl sticker that came with it to make the front and controller matte black too?

That being said a Royal Purple console would be pretty sweet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Casnorf posted:

I have some iridescent purple/green paint; maybe that's the way. Make my TV stand look like a bruise.

That poo poo was so hot back in 2000

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

That poo poo was so hot back in 2000

So was I!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Casnorf posted:

So was I!

Yeah you were like a premium betta fish back then

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Seriously though, if I had the time and wherewithal I could see like a ruby or emerald or sapphire paint, then six or seven layers of clear/sand/polish. loving lacquer that poo poo and it'll glow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First PS5 plat

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That shark has a sweet paint job for sure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Despite the fact that it's the largest thing in the universe, I think the PS5 looks cool

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Luckily I have a spare room to house my eventual PS5.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Casnorf posted:

now i feel bad for a guy whos so insecure that he cant handle an obvious gag im sorry i made fun of your clip on faceplates

No poo poo lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Luckily I have a spare room to house my eventual PS5.

Sorry VG but the PS5 will be housing your spare room.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sorry VG but the PS5 will be housing your spare room.

I am sure I checked the floor plans....oh this is in metres and it should be in kilometres.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Edit

Man you had multiple people (myself included) even asking where you got those plates. Not everyone was hating on you, you drama queen.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Coming into a console’s fanboi thread to call it ugly and then getting mad when the fanbois pushback, a classic move

The PS5 didn’t launch with faceplates because they put a lot of work into the way it looks and feels and that’s the product that they want to support and have become emblematic of their brand.

That’s why it’s funny, to me, to cover the PS5 logo with a football sticker. I think it looks good and if you want a boring, featureless cube they have X-boxes in stock at Best Buy

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Boring black cube resonates strongly with me as a person.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Has anyone mentioned how big the ps5 is?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

Has anyone mentioned how big the ps5 is?

I have.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was expecting it to be bigger based on the the memes, it was drat heavy though

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

withoutclass posted:

Boring black cube resonates strongly with me as a person.
Speaking of, I can't imagine for the life of me why they didn't call the Series X the XBox Monolith instead. It nothing if not fitting and would be so much catchier.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

Speaking of, I can't imagine for the life of me why they didn't call the Series X the XBox Monolith instead. It nothing if not fitting and would be so much catchier.

It would be extremely dumb to name a product the X-Box Monolith while also trying to sell any other kinds of X-Boxes

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Bring back translucent consoles.

Also to the guy talking about disco elysium, just create a US/EU/UK account and buy it with psn credit, it's worth having multiple accounts for sales in other regions anyway. I'm in the UK and most of the time it's cheaper to buy digital games off the US store

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

It would be extremely dumb to name a product the X-Box Monolith while also trying to sell any other kinds of X-Boxes
I don't really get how that would follow from each other, sorry. Why would it be any more dumb than calling it anything else?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They should have called it the Xbox Two.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sakurazuka posted:

I was expecting it to be bigger based on the the memes, it was drat heavy though

Funny, even with the meme the ps5 mass still exceeded my expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

I don't really get how that would follow from each other, sorry. Why would it be any more dumb than calling it anything else?

A monolith is a singular thing, it is basically by definition a sole entity. The dictionary defines a monolith, figuratively, as an organization of entities into a unified whole. Basically the exact opposite message you’d want to associate with a brand of designer consumer electronics that you’re marketing as distinct items for unique audiences.

You’re obviously using it in the ~”a singular column of stone” ~ sense but that’s just the most superficial application of the word.