Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
i thought jean not having to literally stoop to kiss wolvie was another instance of artists forgetting/conveniently working around him being a short king, but apparently she's only three inches taller and now I've realized she's just always drawn way too tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wolverine is short but he's not a loving midget. And Emma Frost would absolutely invite Gambit to her party because she wants Rogue there and Rogue won't come without a plus one. And also she want's to see what Gambit steals.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Solicits are out for the Hellfire Gala books. You get to see some more outfits. And it looks like Deadpool is going to try and crash the party in Wolverine.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Skwirl posted:

Wolverine is short but he's not a loving midget. And Emma Frost would absolutely invite Gambit to her party because she wants Rogue there and Rogue won't come without a plus one. And also she want's to see what Gambit steals.

The thing with Wolverine is that he isn't that short, but almost everyone else in comics has inflated hero height; the average male marvel superhero is between 6' (Daredevil) and 6'2 (Captain America). The number of actual, average height superheroes is pretty small, and is mostly women and Spider-man.

The one that annoys me is Colossus, who is supposed to be 6'6" unarmored, but 7'5" armored; artists always forget that he doesn't just turn into metal, he also majorly hulks out.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The one that annoys me is Colossus, who is supposed to be 6'6" unarmored, but 7'5" armored; artists always forget that he doesn't just turn into metal, he also majorly hulks out.

NOT ALWAYS

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think Wolverine should be three inches tall and ride around in my coat pocket whispering me gentle words of encouragement.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

I think Wolverine should be three inches tall and ride around in my coat pocket whispering me gentle words of encouragement.

sorry, all that character development disappeared when he died and came back. now tiny wolverine only whispers pointlessly belligerent diatribes.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

sorry, all that character development disappeared when he died and came back. now tiny wolverine only whispers pointlessly belligerent diatribes.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It is surprising how often Wolverine gets picked up and carried around by teenage girls.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

How Wonderful! posted:

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The thing with Wolverine is that he isn't that short, but almost everyone else in comics has inflated hero height; the average male marvel superhero is between 6' (Daredevil) and 6'2 (Captain America). The number of actual, average height superheroes is pretty small, and is mostly women and Spider-man.

yeah this was more my point, Wolverine is no Puck but Jean is usually drawn at about the same height as Cyclops when there's a nine inch difference--she'd barely come up to Scott's chest

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Protagorean posted:

yeah this was more my point, Wolverine is no Puck but Jean is usually drawn at about the same height as Cyclops when there's a nine inch difference--she'd barely come up to Scott's chest

Jean really likes platform heels

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
flexing her Omega-level telekinesis by constantly hovering in close-ups

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I liked X-Force and usually enjoy the art but there were a few panels of Jean that really didn't work for me.

Link's not working, but yeah, something seemed off.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

No. Not at all, Jean.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I just don't much care for X-Force. Just about every character is unlikable and when you compare that to Hellions, Hellions blows it away as the superior black ops book. Plus you like the unlikable characters in that book, where I wish everyone in X-Force would go away.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
can you imagine going back in time and telling someone that hank mccoy would be... well, maybe not more reprehensible, but that his actions would be more disturbing than the poo poo empath up to?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

can you imagine going back in time and telling someone that hank mccoy would be... well, maybe not more reprehensible, but that his actions would be more disturbing than the poo poo empath up to?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm enjoying Quentin in this arc. I feel like he'll always be in danger of reverting to annoying-lil'-poo poo-ism by nature of comics constantly recycling these elements of characters, but for now I like that he's been introspective of everything.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Universe, plz buff Manifold next patch thx

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hellions is about broken people being thrown at problems they aren't really equipped to deal with. you are supposed to feel sympathy for most of the team. by contrast, x-force is a dark comedy about espionage. every character with a lick of sense ditched beast's tragicomic clown show in the first few issues. the ones who stuck around are endlessly lighting fires and then attempting to douse them with gasoline.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe X-Force should be funny then

or interesting

or good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

Universe, plz buff Manifold next patch thx

I'm not really sure how he's not Omega given the new explicit criteria for that. Like, Forge isn't Omega because Reed and Stark may be better. But is there someone who can do what Eden does better?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Can Jean heat stuff with her TK?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

x-force is good

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Gaz-L posted:

I'm not really sure how he's not Omega given the new explicit criteria for that. Like, Forge isn't Omega because Reed and Stark may be better. But is there someone who can do what Eden does better?

I mean, they were fairly explicit about the implicit in the issue. We don't know who they are, but they're out there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

I mean, they were fairly explicit about the implicit in the issue. We don't know who they are, but they're out there.

I guess what I mean is, it would make more sense if they think he IS an Omega and then find someone who's more powerful, instead of saying he's not with no apparent evidence.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh, I get it. In which case, uh, do we know any multiversal manifolds? Because that would be the Omega level I think.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I guess depending on how you classify the power set, Jamie Braddock or Franklin (gently caress you Slott, he's still a mutant) would be Omega compared to Eden.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

X-Force is ok but it is certainly not really in my top tier of current X-books. I really enjoy some of the more character-focused bits-- last month was great-- but the plotting just hasn't really been grabbing me as much as a lot of the other titles.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Gaz-L posted:

You're misinterpreting the new definition. It's not "who is the most powerful with a power set." It's "Does the mutant have an upper limit?"

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's nice to see Joanna make an opportunity to shine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

danbanana posted:

You're misinterpreting the new definition. It's not "who is the most powerful with a power set." It's "Does the mutant have an upper limit?"

so an omega manifold would have no limit on the area he would fold? or like said above no limit on dimensions?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

danbanana posted:

...that makes no sense given Iceman counts and he literally does. He ain't making things colder than absolute zero.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Lila Cheney has a minimum limit. She can only teleport interstellar distances. Magik could theoretically go anywhere using Limbo as a stepping stone. I’d call them both pretty Omega

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I wonder if that makes Gaia an Omega-level reality warper?

Assuming she didn't accidentally herself out of existence.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

Gaz-L posted:

Yes.

Eden's confined to the 616 Universe. Hickman's own Avengers run featured multiversal Manifolds the Builders made. That there's a version of Eden but better is an old continuity nod.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I love Manifold's whole attitude in general, I loved his conversation with the other Australian guys last month, and I adore that when he's told he's not top of the pops he was just like "ok, so I guess watch out?" Just a secure, happy guy. I love him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dave Brookshaw posted:

Yes.

Eden's confined to the 616 Universe. Hickman's own Avengers run featured multiversal Manifolds the Builders made. That there's a version of Eden but better is an old continuity nod.

Fair enough, I haven't read much of Hickman's Avengers, thanks!:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

I love Manifold's whole attitude in general, I loved his conversation with the other Australian guys last month, and I adore that when he's told he's not top of the pops he was just like "ok, so I guess watch out?" Just a secure, happy guy. I love him.

Yeah, I really want more Manifold now. His depiction in SWORD, from his powers to his personality, is delightful.