Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also hopefully nobody gets the rona

Total schedule for the first round

quote:

First Round — Friday, March 19

(7) Florida vs. (10) Virginia Tech 12:15 p.m. CBS Hinkle Fieldhouse
(3) Arkansas vs. (14) Colgate 12:45 p.m. truTV Bankers Life Fieldhouse
(1) Illinois vs. (16) Drexel 1:15 p.m. TBS Indiana Farmers Coliseum
(6) Texas Tech vs. (11) Utah State 1:45 p.m. TNT Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall
(2) Ohio State vs. (15) Oral Roberts 3 p.m. CBS Mackey Arena
(1) Baylor vs. (16) Hartford 3:30 p.m. truTV Lucas Oil Stadium Unity (South)
(8) Loyola Chicago vs. (9) Georgia Tech 4 p.m. TBS Hinkle Fieldhouse
(5) Tennessee vs. (12) Oregon State 4:30 p.m. TNT Bankers Life Fiieldhouse
(4) Oklahoma State vs. (13) Liberty 6:25 p.m. TBS Indiana Farmers Coliseum
(8) North Carolina vs. (9) Wisconsin 7:10 p.m. CBS Mackey Arena
(2) Houston vs. (15) Cleveland State 7:15 p.m. truTV Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall
(4) Purdue vs. (13) North Texas 7:25 p.m. TNT Lucas Oil Stadium Equality (North)
(7) Clemson vs. (10) Rutgers 9:20 p.m. TBS Bankers Life Fieldhouse
(6) San Diego State vs. (11) Syracuse 9:40 p.m. CBS Hinkle Fieldhouse
(3) West Virginia vs. (14) Morehead State 9:50 p.m. truTV Lucas Oil Stadium Unity (South)
(5) Villanova vs. (12) Winthrop 9:57 p.m. TNT Indiana Farmers Coliseum

First Round — Saturday, March 20

(5) Colorado vs. (12) Georgetown 12:15 p.m. CBS Hinkle Fieldhouse
(4) Florida State vs. (13) UNC Greensboro 12:45 p.m. truTV Bankers Life Fieldhouse
(3) Kansas vs. (14) Eastern Washington 1:15 p.m. TBS Indiana Farmers Coliseum
(8) LSU vs. (9) St. Bonaventure 1:45 p.m. TNT Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall
(1) Michigan vs. (16) Texas Southern 3 p.m. CBS Mackey Arena
(5) Creighton vs. (12) UC Santa Barbara 3:30 p.m. truTV Lucas Oil Stadium Unity (South)
(2) Alabama vs. (15) Iona 4 p.m. TBS Hinkle Fieldhouse
(6) USC vs. (11) Drake 4:30 p.m. TNT Bankers Life Fieldhouse
(2) Iowa vs. (15) Grand Canyon 6:25 p.m. TBS Indiana Farmers Coliseum
(7) UConn vs. (10) Maryland 7:10 p.m. CBS Mackey Arena
(4) Virginia vs. (13) Ohio 7:15 p.m. truTV Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall
(8) Oklahoma vs. (9) Missouri 7:25 p.m. TNT Lucas Oil Stadium Equality (North)
(1) Gonzaga vs. (16) Norfolk State 9:20 p.m. TBS Bankers Life Fieldhouse
(6) BYU vs. (11) UCLA 9:40 p.m. CBS Hinkle Fieldhouse
(3) Texas vs. (14) Abilene Christian 9:50 p.m. truTV Lucas Oil Stadium Unity (South)
(7) Oregon vs. (10) VCU 9:57 p.m. TNT Indiana Farmers Coliseum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Virignia Tech looks really good and they're even ranked 25 at the end of the year. Tough matchup for Florida in round 1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I picked Florida in that game just because of how Covid wrecked the end of the season for VT. They could easily win if they don't show much rust.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah they're looking pretty sharp so far. If they play anything like they did at the beginning of the year they'll be a tough matchup for...*checks notes* Ohio State? Oh hell yeah, that'd be a great match.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I wish Arkansas would stop with the “cold start then come roaring back” thing we love for some reason

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Anybody trying to watch on paramount plus ? Seems like they can’t handle the capacity right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

let's-go-toothpaste 👏🏻-👏🏻-👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

oh my god that feeling when you realize Colgate / Arkansas starts at 9:45 in the morning and you picked colgate to upset. Here we go.

Looking good Looking not appreciably worse than Arkansas so far.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

kiimo posted:

let's-go-toothpaste 👏🏻-👏🏻-👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
3 possession lead . . . insurmountable for an Eric Mussleman team.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel bad for the Arkansas poster here but yeah, we're all rooting for toothpaste in this one.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kirios posted:

I feel bad for the Arkansas poster here but yeah, we're all rooting for toothpaste in this one.

To be expected! I still think Arkansas will win this game comfortably in the end, but that belief is starting to waver lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

chaoslord posted:

To be expected! I still think Arkansas will win this game comfortably in the end, but that belief is starting to waver lol

I'm not paying a ton of attention here, is Colgate one of those teams where everyone can shoot and can't do anything else or is this one guy doing it and Arkansas randomly ignoring him?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Toothpaste putting on a dental clinic

edit: The Raiders are led by Patriot Player of the Year Jordan Burns, who averaged at least 15 points and 1.8 3PG in each of his past three seasons. Colgate plays at one of the faster paces in the country and is among the best at effective FG% on offense and defense. Defensively, they excel at limiting opponents from getting open looks around the arc, an important skill that will be tested against tough competition in the NCAA tournament.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

drat I nearly chose Toothpaste in my bracket

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
*wakes from slumber*

Oh hey it's basketball

Let's go the Fighting Colgates

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Colgate is taking some awful shots and is letting Arkansas get back into this. Stop getting away from what worked toothpaste!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not paying a ton of attention here, is Colgate one of those teams where everyone can shoot and can't do anything else or is this one guy doing it and Arkansas randomly ignoring him?

Dunno tbh, just wish Arkansas could make a shot

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
go the colgate

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MakaVillian posted:

drat I nearly chose Toothpaste in my bracket

as a standing rule, and not targeting you, but please don't talk about your bracket

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I will cheer for Arkansas. Overdog solidarity.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Colgate blows this I'm blaming everyone's terrible puns

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jesus how 'bout some calls

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Benne posted:

I didn't even make an Arkansas vs Toothpaste joke though

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Benne posted:

this extremely feels like a game where Arkansas is going to outscore them by like 30 in the second half

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I didn't even make an Arkansas vs Toothpaste joke though

yes but you're used to first round disappointment

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

yes but you're used to first round disappointment

erroneous!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
X-posting because I hosed up and used the wrong thread but

Colgate if you win this people will pretend to listen to your story about being invited to join the Ivy League and turning it down

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Colgate losing it here, but that one guy just almost had a ridiculous chasedown block and a chance to turn around and do it again.

Went for the steal instead and it didn't end well.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Arkansas btw showed how you beat a lovely team like colgate when you're a good team. you just run them to death.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I apologize, I turned on the Colgate game

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That poor Colgate #14 looks like he was dribbling for the first time in his life.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Devo Buckets

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Colgate apparently is a choking hazard. Switching to AquaFresh

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

yeah Arkansas is just going to destroy them now, so switching back to tech/gators (can an asteroid hit this stadium)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

Colgate apparently is a choking hazard. Switching to AquaFresh

booooooo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Drexel's attempt to guard Cockburn wuth like a 6' 6" guy is not working well IMO

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Colgate ya hosed up

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
loving ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Ouch