Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
Just finished this and jim was the bad guy right? Rude to his coworkers, thought he was better than everyone, ruined Pam and Roy’s relationship. Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
He was always the bad guy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There was a dude at my last job who I worked with for more than 5 years.

This was the ONLY TV show/pop culture thing he'd quote. In relation to EVERYTHING. Despite knowing that 2/3rds of the team never watched it. He just kept going and getting blank looks from everyone. And then ask for confirmation from people that they 'got it'. For years. Years.

As a result I....never got into this show sorry op.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dwight cucked Jim

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

This was the ONLY TV show/pop culture thing he'd quote. In relation to EVERYTHING. Despite knowing that 2/3rds of the team never watched it. He just kept going and getting blank looks from everyone. And then ask for confirmation from people that they 'got it'. For years. Years.

its one of those things people take on in lieu of an actual personality. see also: doctor who, harry potter

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

jim should have hosed that hot coworker in florida, pam is the loving worst, her personality can be summed up as "she exists" and all she does throughout the show's run is fail at things in low-stakes ways that jim can rescue her from

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
i am dwight schrute ama

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Big Beef City posted:

Hey have you ever seen show X?

No.

Oh okay, well there is this one episode where...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The show is about how an office of stupid fucks managed to kill themselves by inhaling the fumes from my assholes.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The show is about how an office of stupid fucks managed to kill themselves by inhaling the fumes from my assholes.

epic prank, jim

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Aardvark! posted:

epic prank, jim

Jim murdered Dwight, as a prank

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

If you knew a couple like Jim and Pam in real life they'd be taking constant pictures of every stupid thing they do and posting it online with captions like "HAPPY WEDNESDAY YA'LL LET'S GET IT #LETSGOOOOO"

I'm pretty sure Meredith is the only redeemable character by the end of the show, even Creed got somebody fired and Stanley cheated on one or more of his wives.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

low key sex master posted:

i am dwight schrute ama

what was it like nailing angela

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I think that Dwight and I would get along pretty well irl

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

youre dick posted:

what was it like nailing angela

saint in the streets, sinner in the sheets

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i decided to watch the show and i felt like i had stockholm syndrome by the end of it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

also this thread is LMAO

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884919

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
US version of The Office SUCKED

US Queer as Folk was far better tho

UK original was good tho.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Halloween Liker posted:

US version of The Office SUCKED

US Queer as Folk was far better tho

UK version was good tho.

wow what an edgy opinion

you probably like British food better too

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

youre dick posted:

wow what an edgy opinion

you probably like British food better too

Some is good, some is bad, same as anywhere

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
ricky gervais irl is more annoying and meaner than any character on the office

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

ricky gervais irl is more annoying and meaner than any character on the office

Makes UK The Office like a memory.

I Loved it, no I wont re-watch it.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm pretty sure Meredith is the only redeemable character by the end of the show, even Creed got somebody fired and Stanley cheated on one or more of his wives.
Darryl, Kevin, Erin, and Toby are all alright, aside from Toby being a giant milquetoast loser.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I like the ninth season the best because it takes the setup of "late stage sitcom becomes cartoonish" and applies it as "cartoonish antics suddenly have real consequences." Dwight almost dies, episode 1

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Which characters would you gently caress?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why wasn't this goldmined?

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

FunkyAl posted:

I like the ninth season the best because it takes the setup of "late stage sitcom becomes cartoonish" and applies it as "cartoonish antics suddenly have real consequences." Dwight almost dies with his poo poo, episode 1

Halloween Liker posted:

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Halloween Liker posted:

Erin, Meredith, Kelly, Phyllis

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
When the main guy sunk in the mud and the other cast tried to pull them out but they sank and died

Best episode

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Halloween Liker posted:

The copier

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The Office, like astrology, is stupid dumbshit garbage for moron assholes, but I keep my mouth shut because im trying to get laid

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Halloween Liker posted:

Mose.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FunkyAl posted:

I like the ninth season the best because it takes the setup of "late stage sitcom becomes cartoonish" and applies it as "cartoonish antics suddenly have real consequences." Dwight almost dies, episode 1

This is how you know a formerly good show is almost over. Happened to House MD, too, the last season is just insane because now suddenly the status quo is no longer returned at the end of each episode. Hell in earlier seasons sticking to the formula matters so much that there's an episode where House gets shot in the gut and next week they give a pithy comment like "really crazy that that guy who shot you got away and they never caught him" and then it never comes up again.

edit: That episode was iirc the season finale, and the next season starts with him not even really bothered that a dude shot him and just ran away and nobody will ever really know why because the episode which explained it was just a medical hallucination and wasn't the truth.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 19, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When Dwight crawled up to the camera and addressed me by first and last name and then quoted 'Jay's line from Clerks where he get shouts "I'mma get on my knees and make like a circus seal for you!!" while wildly bobbing his head and then he came through my TV and sucked my dick do you remember that?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

When Dwight crawled up to the camera and addressed me by first and last name and then quoted 'Jay's line from Clerks where he get shouts "I'mma get on my knees and make like a circus seal for you!!" while wildly bobbing his head and then he came through my TV and sucked my dick do you remember that?

*looks awkwardly at camera*

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The episode where Dwight and Jim finally get together is my favorite. Maybe one of the most passionate kisses ever filmed!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/grlc5/status/1372912723323805701

this is how most people use The Office; as a stand-in for their actual ways to articulate themselves

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Fawlty Towers, 13 episodes.

Nathan Barley, 6 episodes

2 seasons at most is best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6APGN1cAs

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pam is the worlds worst artist and Oscars boyfriend at the art show was too nice if anything