Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Desert Bus posted:

Ranch ramen served on a cloth napkin.

when you're done you can wring the soup out of the napkin right in to your stupid mouth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Aardvark! posted:

when you're done you can wring the soup out of the napkin right in to your stupid mouth!

And lick the puddle off the table. Yum!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gleebster posted:

Lettuce leaves and bites of hardboiled egg eaten over the sink, swigging from alternate bottles of oil and vinegar.

Lynn Johnston parachute account spotted.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Aardvark! posted:

I want to see someone make ramen but use one of these instead of the flavor packet

I use this on my carrot and celery sticks

The salt helps the ranch stick to the sticks.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is it served like that or is this photo taken after a few bites have been taken out of what I assume to be a burrito?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Buffalo Ranch Popping Video

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Zil posted:

Is it served like that or is this photo taken after a few bites have been taken out of what I assume to be a burrito?

This is a stuffed pepper for people who like aluminum more than Bell Peppers.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's a

taco corn jacket potato

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Someone certainly jacket for that picture.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Daktar posted:

???

gently caress you Jamie Oliver

That looks like someone deep fried a duck penis

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

(I admit the cake looks amazing but :raise: @ the leaves)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Aardvark! posted:

i'd like to order the debris with a side of detritus.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Aardvark! posted:

I to like to eat random leaves the chef picked up on his way into work.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Daktar posted:

???

gently caress you Jamie Oliver
POV: a lab tech testing your mom's dna

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

Those are gooseberries and they’re delicious

kare
Mar 19, 2002
It's like these kumquats bought their leaves at a second hand store

Edit: Oh wow, I've always thought these were kumquats but they are Physalis peruviana, AKA as Cape gooseberry or goldenberry

kare has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Mar 19, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Those are gooseberries and they’re delicious

Weird, I guess people keep the leaves on? Do they actually eat them? Seems odd

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so it's an orange tomatillo? i planted some purple tomatillo seeds once but they didn't grow, too bad, i was looking forward to those.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

uber_stoat posted:

i'd like to order the debris with a side of detritus.
Actually this is debris

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Aardvark! posted:

This is like the totally standard way those fruits are served. Pick it up by the leaves and pluck the fruit out with your teeth or hands. Don't eat the leaves.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Butterfly Valley posted:

This is like the totally standard way those fruits are served

Oh word???

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

I'm picturing the chef sprinkling the loose corn off his forearm like salt bae.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Oh I forgot to post this one

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

man you go through life marvelling at how we all share similar experiences and then one day you come across an enclave that has never seen physalis before :v:

They're all over the place around my parts, they're tasty and they're a way to visually spruce up a dessert with their fancy little leaves on. Which are dry and papery and discarded, but do make for a nice handle, for example.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

My Lovely Horse posted:

man you go through life marvelling at how we all share similar experiences and then one day you come across an enclave that has never seen physalis before :v:

They're all over the place around my parts, they're tasty and they're a way to visually spruce up a dessert with their fancy little leaves on. Which are dry and papery and discarded, but do make for a nice handle, for example.

we have them, they're just a different color.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

This is like the totally standard way those fruits are served. Pick it up by the leaves and pluck the fruit out with your teeth or hands. Don't eat the leaves.

The farmers markets are just piled with em in early fall and I will eat myself silly once every year and not want to see another leaf husk again. Around here they're known as ground cherries.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

Weird, I guess people keep the leaves on? Do they actually eat them? Seems odd

Yeah they’re like a little papery package and you pop em out but don’t eat the leaves.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Physalis is maybe my favorite fruit in existence.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Casu Marzu posted:

The farmers markets are just piled with em in early fall and I will eat myself silly once every year and not want to see another leaf husk again. Around here they're known as ground cherries.

They are extremely good, but you can actually take the leaves off to serve them without losing any flavor/longevity. Which I would do if I were a restaurant!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

uber_stoat posted:

so it's an orange tomatillo? i planted some purple tomatillo seeds once but they didn't grow, too bad, i was looking forward to those.

yeah, tomatillos are much closer related to gooseberries than they are to tomatoes.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Ground cherries are easy as breathing to grow. I always have some kicking around in my garden and green house. You can probably grow them in your yard on accident if you throw some out the backdoor.

If you do grow them you'll spend roughly 30 minutes a day every day stuffing fruit in your face while you pretend to be picking them to bring inside. You will get sick, it will be worth it.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

fizzymercury posted:

Ground cherries are easy as breathing to grow. I always have some kicking around in my garden and green house. You can probably grow them in your yard on accident if you throw some out the backdoor.

If you do grow them you'll spend roughly 30 minutes a day every day stuffing fruit in your face while you pretend to be picking them to bring inside. You will get sick, it will be worth it.
(spends half an hour every day hunched over in the yard eating food out of the dirt)

gently caress i'm gonna throw up

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

My Great-Aunt made an amazing Gooseberry Cobbler and I think half the recipe was "let's get some loving peace and quiet by sending the kids out to pick berries."

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

SLOSifl posted:

(spends half an hour every day hunched over in the yard eating food out of the dirt)

gently caress i'm gonna throw up

Did you know you can wash fruit? Swear to God, totally doable.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Still better than their Bitcoin-flavoured NFT Pringles.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

more falafel please posted:

yeah, tomatillos are much closer related to gooseberries than they are to tomatoes.

Gooseberrier are close related to black and red currants, they’re both in the genus Ribes and grow on thorny bushes.

Tomatillo and cape gooseberries are both in the genus Physalis and grow on vines. They are related to potatoes, tomatoes and peppers.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Ok smarty pants scientist, where do snozzberries fit in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Look I don't know why you would grow berries in your yard if you didn't want to also eat them randomly off the bush.

We always had raspberries in the yard but very rarely did we do more than snack on them.

The dog ate everything below waist height anyway. She liked raspberries too.