Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Scoring 2 goals playing on the top line all year isn’t much better :v:

Yeah everybody has been bad. The interim coach had them doing passing drills in practice today because apparently Ralph wasn’t actually making them work in practice. That was pretty obvious considering how they made the same mistakes over and over and then Ralph would say something abstract about principles and accountability after every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1372987183649456135

The Islanders season is saved.....!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'd guess Hall would return a conditional first (get to the conference finals or something like that) and some prospect. I don't think anyone is trading an actual first for him, teams are going to really value first rounders with the flat cap the next few years and the cheap upside they'll get ya.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1373018731123769344?s=21

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
why can't bergeron get covid

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

With Miller at centre for the time being, he's immediately the Canucks third best winger after Boeser and Pearson, and will likely end up on Horvat's wing bumping Hoglander to the bottom six.

The Canucks are a terrible, terrible team.

https://twitter.com/BatchHockey/status/1373043773324750850?s=19

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://theathletic.com/news/evander-kane-files-motion-claiming-lenders-wishes-would-violate-13th-amendment/W44kVAy304GG

quote:

Evander Kane's bankruptcy case took another turn Thursday night as the San Jose Sharks winger filed a petition claiming his creditors' attempts to convert his case violated the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution's prohibition against involuntary servitude.

Five lenders, including Zions Bancorp., are seeking to convert Kane's case under the bankruptcy code from Chapter 7, which would only force him to pay creditors using current assets, to Chapter 11, which would place the remaining years of his Sharks contract under their control and allow them to garnish his wages.

“Zions makes it clear in its Motion that the sole reason it seeks conversion to Chapter 11 and appointment of a Chapter 11 trustee is to ensure that Kane’s future income is property of the bankruptcy estate, for whatever period of years the Chapter 11 trustee and creditors deem appropriate for a bankruptcy plan,” Kane’s motion said

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
lol what the crap

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Why did they even play last night? If any of my sweet boys get COVID again...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shouldn’t the players be getting vaccinated by now? I’m getting Fizer shot #1 next week.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Shouldn’t the players be getting vaccinated by now? I’m getting Fizer shot #1 next week.

Making people outside 65+ or high risk categories eligible is a pretty recent development, and even with as much time the NHL spends with their head up their rear end I don't think they're sufficiently ignorant to try and buy their way into immunizing a league full of extremely healthy young men. If that leaked out a month ago or so they would have been crucified.

It also takes 6 weeks for the two dose vaccines to become fully effective so players wouldn't be in the clear yet anyways.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Frederik Andersen’s last six games:

is this good

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I love Alexander Ovechkin with all my heart

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Koopa Kid posted:

is this good

I really enjoyed his game tonight.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Been a while since I’ve seen Ovechkin say “gently caress it! I’m winning this game tonight!”

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

I really enjoyed his game tonight.

I would have enjoyed a tied-up Milhouse more

https://twitter.com/moneypuckdotcom/status/1373087435190599680?s=21

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

Making people outside 65+ or high risk categories eligible is a pretty recent development, and even with as much time the NHL spends with their head up their rear end I don't think they're sufficiently ignorant to try and buy their way into immunizing a league full of extremely healthy young men. If that leaked out a month ago or so they would have been crucified.

It also takes 6 weeks for the two dose vaccines to become fully effective so players wouldn't be in the clear yet anyways.

The Oklahoma tribes will vaccinate anyone who shows up, they should just all go there.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JT Miller is an incredibly talented hockey player. I don't understand how he never figured it out before he got to Vancouver because he's played like a premier power forward since day one.

poo poo

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1373090375087185926?s=19

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 20, 2021

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

JT Miller is an incredibly talented hockey player. I don't understand how he never figured it out before he got to Vancouver because he's played like a premier power forward since day one.

Wasn't he just stuck on the 3rd line in Tampa behind their glut of talent and not actually "bad" by any stretch? I remember the fancystats liking him a lot before Vancouver acquired him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ThinkTank posted:

He flashed it in NY but just wasn't consistent. I miss him.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1373090375087185926

Well gently caress

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The only consolidation is the Canucks are playing like world beaters without him.

Still, I just knew after he missed that second game it was gonna be a long term injury.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Th' gently caress were they doing?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ovie whips rear end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pay the man his money.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Koopa Kid posted:

is this good

Well, at least they won that game he put up a .929 Sv%. ...Right? Right???

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They should be trying hard to snag Duchene or Johansen with retention right now, or gently caress... Getzlaf would be a very torts player. I'd like him for them a lot actually

Brian Burke would probably be horny for him. If Geno is out a reasonably long time I could see there being an interest too. Hell his spreadsheet numbers are still really strong too.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Jack Campbell save us.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/1373090559657672715

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
The canucks are once again a .500 hockey team, BUY JIMBO BUY

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Yeah I've supported Freddy and still like the guy but it's time for a change. Not even sure if Dubas can swing for a goalie at the deadline

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1373085015320502274

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
The Avs are probably trading for a backup goalie from Buffalo. They should see if they can get Taylor Hall from them as well, with salary retained.

I know this sounds like typical homer-fan wank material but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakic can do it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Jack Campbell save us.

How are Campbell and Hutchinson so high for sv% with such bad w/l records? Does the team forget to score when they are in net?

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
For some reason I was just thinking about back when the Wild had two starting goalies and just switched whenever it seemed like a good idea. Like, Manny Fernandez and Dwayne Roloson would just get alternated in playoff games because sure.

That was weird but also fun.

Welp, that's it!

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Wait, work got out of hand this month and I didn't get to do hockey. How did the Canucks win eight of the last ten. What

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Furnaceface posted:

How are Campbell and Hutchinson so high for sv% with such bad w/l records? Does the team forget to score when they are in net?

Campbell is 3-0 and Hutchinson is 3-2. Hutch was looking ok until his last two starts and Campbell has been great. Not sure what you're looking at as far as their records this season, but they've done their job. I'm hoping Jack can stay healthy and take the net from Freddy because I sure don't have any confidence in him right now.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

T.C. posted:

Wait, work got out of hand this month and I didn't get to do hockey. How did the Canucks win eight of the last ten. What

God-mode Demko

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Tom Wilson suspension is over and the Caps went 7-0 during it. Here’s his interview with the media:

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2021/03/19/tom-wilson-on-his-seven-game-suspension-i-have-to-continue-to-adjust/

He should be on the ice tonight for the Rangers game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
^^Biggest takeaway from that interview:

"I think everybody, in general, can do a better job."