Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

“I got arrested and chased by a wild dog”

:finland: “welcome to Russia” :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

saw the actual bott-rear end

voted 5

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I was not ready for the opening of ep 8 lmao almost spit my drink out

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Lmao Netflix must have swung some money to EA this year, that's New Worlds playing near the end of Ep9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1DNZ4gcvc

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
WATCHING NOW :suspense:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Pragmatica posted:

WATCHING NOW :suspense:

spoilers:

lewis gets in there

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I already love it. Lol. So weird and wonderful. I missed F1.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Haven't started watching, but I hope they devote at least one full episode to Sir Lewis's knighting.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Fumble posted:

Can someone cut all the Horner from drive to survive and put it on a 10 hour loop for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UG9O9refg

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

they have used the adjective "smooth" to describe carlos

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Daddy Stroll has big DBZ Mr. Satan energy.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

30 seconds in and already laughing at Will Buxton being labeled yet again as an "F1 Journalist"

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Half way though ep.8 and I notice they haven't spoken about or mentioned Sergio Pérez Mendoza, driver P1 in our hearts, at all. I see where this is going :gritin:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Zak is great fun to watch in the paddock when McLaren are doing well :3:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I forgot to watch last season of Drive To Survive so I’m catching up on that first. It’s not surprising that an outfit run in the way Steiner runs Haas turns in dogshit results.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
This was such a good season.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Best recurring character in drive to survive: Flippy The Red Bull Helicopter

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Ugh. I can’t stand Chris Horner. On episode 2.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

The Netflix series Is making me like the horn? The gently caress?

This is not normal.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

My only disappointment with the Netflix editing so far is that when horner was talking about Abitouble being hurt and taking Danny leaving personally and how awkward it must be they didn't overlay headlines of when he left his pregnant fiancée for a spice girl

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 20, 2021

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Monza last year was the best live sporting event I’ve ever seen.

In an ideal world Alonso gets binned and there’s an Ocon/Gasly lineup at Renault 2022.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Bottas is a much better TV character than driver.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Episode 3. Why is this so awkward?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

NtotheTC posted:

My only disappointment with the Netflix editing so far is that when horner was talking about Abitouble being hurt and taking Danny leaving personally and how awkward it must be they didn't overlay headlines of when he left his pregnant fiancée for a spice girl

I was surprised they didn't smack you in the face with the irony that Dan did the same thing to Christian.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
About to start episode 5!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Pragmatica posted:

About to start episode 5!

I'm on the monza ep and just cackling

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TheMightyBoops posted:

Monza last year was the best live sporting event I’ve ever seen.

In an ideal world Alonso gets binned and there’s an Ocon/Gasly lineup at Renault 2022.

Alpine is only a one year deal?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

the paradigm shift posted:

I'm on the monza ep and just cackling

Hahaha yes. It was amazing. Good job, Seb.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Alpine is only a one year deal?

Oh yeah. I’d put F1 out of my mind until I realized races are starting next weekend. It’s just be sad to see my favorite driver not have a seat in 2022 or be stuck at Alpha Tauri forever.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Thanks Ants posted:

I forgot to watch last season of Drive To Survive so I’m catching up on that first. It’s not surprising that an outfit run in the way Steiner runs Haas turns in dogshit results.

He's very bang'n'blame in season 2. At least he's made to look that way. I don't trust the edits in a reality TV show.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

I was surprised they didn't smack you in the face with the irony that Dan did the same thing to Christian.

Danny Ric was treated like utter poo poo by Red Bull. Anybody with a modicum of self respect would have walked. They were infatuated with youth made flesh by Max. It was kind of pathetic.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TheMightyBoops posted:

Oh yeah. I’d put F1 out of my mind until I realized races are starting next weekend. It’s just be sad to see my favorite driver not have a seat in 2022 or be stuck at Alpha Tauri forever.

Honestly I think Gasly is gonna have his career suffocated by RBR. Ideally he'd have been the natural replacement for Albon but internal bullshit with that team keeps him stuck to AT, a team whose car he may well be outperforming, but what other teams have aging drivers and no ready replacements? Maybe Aston Martin after lance stroll is found dead on a toilet?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
For real talk though, so much poo poo show missed even for casual F1 fans.

I get why they just basically side step all the political and virus poo poo, but it’s a bit poo poo that Frank Williams, a legend of the sport, packs up and quits and doesn’t even rate a mention in passing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Sulman posted:

Danny Ric was treated like utter poo poo by Red Bull. Anybody with a modicum of self respect would have walked. They were infatuated with youth made flesh by Max. It was kind of pathetic.

Its also really obvious that Tsunoda is their new obsession and unless max wins the wdc they're blatantly going to gently caress him over in the exact same way.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My favourite part of season two was when Danny Ric opened an episode with “Netflix are a bunch of cunts” right as the 15 rating popped up at the corner of the screen

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
This season is really, really good.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

If anyones interested, NowTV have just sent an offer out for their skysports package £20pm for the entire F1 season

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Horner having to eat poo poo in the Italian Grand Prix was such a fun moment to relive. That race was so loving insane. Ferrari attempting to kill both their drivers, Seb's car on fire, Lewis pitting, Albon whining. Then Pierre just pulling it out. It makes me so happy for him once again.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 20, 2021

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Its also really obvious that Tsunoda is their new obsession and unless max wins the wdc they're blatantly going to gently caress him over in the exact same way.

i cant really blame them since max is a neurotic cry baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Big points in the bag