Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus posted:

It's on the mid-to-high end you'd expect in the local area for software and engineering type positions. The only travelling I've ever had to do offsite is for presentations at universities etc.

While nice my dream job is still that dude with a little area of the Ducati factory who has to fixed all the engines that came off the assembly line hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

tuo posted:

Is it actually a disadvantage for the drivers?

Based upon the evidence I've seen, drivers with screens on the wheel tend to score more points.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Rebus posted:

Based upon the evidence I've seen, drivers with screens on the wheel tend to score more points.
Haas and Williams' cockpits suddenly start looking like those pro-gamer triple screen setups.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rebus posted:

Put two on them, then.

e: beaten

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Replace the wheel with a 360 controller and maybe some of these rich kids might have a chance - worked for the US Navy and Droneforce...

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I hate you motherfuckers so much.

I'm watching the new season of Drive to Survive and there's a suspenseful build up to beginning of the first race and I'm super into it and then Crofty says "Lights out and away we go" and it's all hosed RUINED because of you terrible humans.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

tuo posted:

Put two on them, then.
Twice nothing is still nothing.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Skim Milk posted:

I hate you motherfuckers so much.

I'm watching the new season of Drive to Survive and there's a suspenseful build up to beginning of the first race and I'm super into it and then Crofty says "Lights out and away we go" and it's all hosed RUINED because of you terrible humans.

This thread is poo poo but I don't think it's responsible for the existence of David Croft

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus posted:

What about the steering wheel inertia or whatever the gently caress smedley was talking about

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In my inexperienced youth and being 6’2 I remember thinking what a brilliant idea it would be to get a smaller diameter steering wheel for my VW Scirocco with no power steering so I could more comfortably sit in it while driving. The very second I started to try and turn the wheel I realized what a loving idiotic decision I had made.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Did we miss the window to make F1 Fantasy leagues?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Payndz posted:

Twice nothing is still nothing.

Turn on monitor three

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

DevCore posted:

Did we miss the window to make F1 Fantasy leagues?

Bags me Lewis Hamilton

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Holy poo poo did they fire Cyril Abiteboul because they thought he was going to make himself a Daniel Ricciado skin suit?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Holy poo poo did they fire Cyril Abiteboul because they thought he was going to make himself a Daniel Ricciado skin suit?

Either this is commentary on the new series of drive to survive that I haven't watched yet or there has been some extremely sinister news about cyril

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Possibly both

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Fuuuuuuck he’s so weard!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Lawrence Stroll has beautiful amber eyes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Payndz posted:

Haas and Williams' cockpits suddenly start looking like those pro-gamer triple screen setups.

One of RBR's cars already sounds like one

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Lawrence Stroll has beautiful amber eyes

Lance's are similar. And Valterri's are two shades of blue. Lot of profile shots.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Drive to survive is great so far.

I have to stop watching so I can watch it with family though :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Payndz posted:

On the plus side, glamorous* world travel
Who wouldn't enjoy getting mugged in Brazil for $15/hr?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i wonder how the two headed management monster at renault/alpine is going to work. apparently its a french thing to do that.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Stroll Sr looks like an rear end in a top hat and poor lance looks like he would like to do anything besides driving a fromula 1 car

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

Stroll Sr looks like an rear end in a top hat and poor lance looks like he would like to do anything besides driving a fromula 1 car

stroll senior looks like a ray liotta impersonator

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mick's resemblance to his father is kinda unsettling.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ve now binge watched the lot and my overwhelming thought is still RUUUUUUN DANNY RIC RUUUUUN!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Zeta Acosta posted:

I know right, he always looks like he would rather be snowboarding.

I googled and yeh, his sister is marrying an Olympic snowboarder and all the non-F1 shots of Stroll are of him bombing down mountains on Skis.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bloody Pom posted:

Mick's resemblance to his father is kinda unsettling.

his father has faster pace

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

his father has faster pace

Before or after the accident? :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bloody Pom posted:

Before or after the accident? :v:

I said has not had

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I'm loving Drive to Survive. The best decision Formula 1 has ever made. Toto is still my hero.

Edit: I also like big Valtteri

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 19, 2021

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

One of RBR's cars already sounds like one

lol

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
And drat, Ferrari looks like a dumpster fire of an organisation.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

e3: boat rear end in the sauna. well played Netflix.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArmZ posted:

e3: boat rear end in the sauna. well played Netflix.

the only time he has a hot lap

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Can someone cut all the Horner from drive to survive and put it on a 10 hour loop for me?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
The Netflix series Is making me like the horn? The gently caress?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

The Netflix series Is making me like the horn? The gently caress?

Ferrari brain damage is terminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
DTS3's two biggest lols from me so far were that even the opening title of Bottas's episode was trolling him by making him literally the number two driver, and that until episode 5 I had completely forgotten that Ocon was still driving in F1.

Also, what the gently caress was up with Horner's Trump tan in the first couple of episodes?