Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edit: ugh, can't get a link to work...pretend that gif of Data rolling the dice is here

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

freeedr posted:

I have 375 dice in a ziploc gallon bag; who wants some

We had two bags of d20, seventy-five pieces of d6, five sheets of high powered characters, a salt shaker half filled with pens, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored d8, d10, d6, d12, d4... and also a quart of mountain dew, a quart of red bull, a case of coke, a jar of m&ms and two dozen bags of chips.
Not that we needed all that for the game, but once you get locked into a serious d&d collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 20, 2021

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This website taught me that people really, genuinely play D&D and that makes me happy

https://i.imgur.com/isa5fB9.mp4

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Push El Burrito posted:

Hell yeah let's get hosed up tonight!

tonight? initiative is gonna take a while to clear up

also, drat patton oswalt lost weight good for him

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Anora posted:

every gamer I know over 21 that drinks at all uses the bag for dice.

I started using one at 14 for a dice bag. There was a hiking store that had a ton of them.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Yeah that from like 15 years ago but the schad's on Patton

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
ya wanna hear some dice schad? one time i ate a pair of dice and shat out snake eyes

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

20 Blunts posted:

ya wanna hear some dice schad? one time i ate a pair of dice and shat out snake eyes

Not dice but when I was like 10 pokemon decks came with little glass pebbles as damage counters and they were smooth as hell, felt fun to roll around in my mouth, and short-story-short I accidentally swallowed one and poo poo it out

Now that's some self schad

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The General posted:

I started using one at 14 for a dice bag. There was a hiking store that had a ton of them.

this might be interesting to someone; i used to work with a huge UV exposure unit that was right next to my breakroom where i kept a bottle of hot sauce and i quickly noticed the sauce would go stale way faster than the sauce i had at home, so I immediately suspected the UV ionizing the sauce. my solution for this was an old crown royal bag, i figured the dark heavy fabric would do pretty well at blocking the UV and it helped out a lot

nowadays i keep my go-to bottle of valentina's hot sauce wrapped in tin foil which works better and cleans up way easier

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

Not dice but when I was like 10 pokemon decks came with little glass pebbles as damage counters and they were smooth as hell, felt fun to roll around in my mouth, and short-story-short I accidentally swallowed one and poo poo it out

Now that's some self schad

If you hadn't poo poo it out that would have been way worse

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

don longjohns posted:

If you hadn't poo poo it out that would have been way worse

piss it out?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

20 Blunts posted:

piss it out?

i pissed out a pokemon deck when i was 10

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jabberlock posted:

i pissed out a pokemon deck when i was 10

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

I'm pretty sure that we used to have a tv-show here that showed viral videos and people had to guess what was going to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EU9NNomTGM

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm not sure where my dice are at or if they disappeared, but I had a d30 because I ran across one and had to have it even though nothing anywhere has ever wanted a d30.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
When I was a kid I had a D100, this loving abomination

Apparently they weren't even remotely random. Lost it in a house fire in the late 90s, and right now is the first time I've thought of it since then.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Dungeon Crawl Classics uses Zocchi dice alongside a D30.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Memento posted:

Apparently they weren't even remotely random. Lost it in a house fire in the late 90s, and right now is the first time I've thought of it since then.

yeah theyre basically spheres so you can just rub it on one end and make it roll to the world, unlike other types of dice

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Former DILF posted:

this might be interesting to someone; i used to work with a huge UV exposure unit that was right next to my breakroom where i kept a bottle of hot sauce and i quickly noticed the sauce would go stale way faster than the sauce i had at home, so I immediately suspected the UV ionizing the sauce. my solution for this was an old crown royal bag, i figured the dark heavy fabric would do pretty well at blocking the UV and it helped out a lot

nowadays i keep my go-to bottle of valentina's hot sauce wrapped in tin foil which works better and cleans up way easier

I think that's interesting. I know beer bottles usually are coloured either brown or green to reduce UV exposure.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Former DILF posted:

I'm not a sun doctor but, uh, we're you not worried about your own uv exposure at that place?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Son of Rodney posted:

We had two bags of d20, seventy-five pieces of d6, five sheets of high powered characters, a salt shaker half filled with pens, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored d8, d10, d6, d12, d4... and also a quart of mountain dew, a quart of red bull, a case of coke, a jar of m&ms and two dozen bags of chips.
Not that we needed all that for the game, but once you get locked into a serious d&d collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I see what you did here. :golfclap:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

this is the coolest thing I've ever seen a cad do in my life. This atones for about a 1000 years of cat bullshit

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm going to assume you wrote "cad" to stand for computer assisted design or something.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cad is a word.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Crown Royal exists so you can get a cool purple pouch you can give to your kids for them to put stuff in.

Back in the day kids put marbles in them, then Micro Machines. Kids from a few years ago probably put fidget spinners in them, and the kids of today probably put... I don't know... crack? Yeah, they put their crack in the Crown Royal bag.

Crown Royal: Not Just for Dice
https://bagenus01.blogspot.com/2019/06/crown-royal-bag-jumpsuit.html

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/a6Kj7cO.mp4

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
My moms boyfriend is a throat-breather and she made him covid masks to cover his trach hole out of Crown Royal bags.

He also smokes weed with his throat hole and its fuckin :black101:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I saw a similar thing years ago that was gloriously evil, and I really wish I still had the image. Some dude working in a military sheet metal shop kept leaving his federal PIV card laying around, so his coworkers “helped” him remember it by completely encasing it in a custom-bent sheet aluminum sarcophagus. IIRC you could still see the photo, but nothing else.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MrYenko posted:

his federal PIV card

DADT is out of control.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Simply beautiful :allears: What's the source on this?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Which rear end in a top hat said the room was clear??

everydayfalls posted:

Ceramic/glass bit for a drill would probably allow you to access the whisky with a minimum of ground glass in the finished product.

Drilling through the cork on the top seems like would be the easiest way tbh

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

20 Blunts posted:

Probably less painful than boxcars.

That's one way to shoot craps

^^^Pick one of those jokes^^^

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Crown Royal: Not Just for Dice

This dude owns

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Memento posted:

I have one too, and it’s as random as you get with a die because it’s a Game Science d100, so each edge has less than 1/10,000th of a millimeter in variation from the others.

If it isn’t a Game Science die though, you are 100% correct. Not random at all.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 20, 2021

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm not a sun doctor but, uh, we're you not worried about your own uv exposure at that place?

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Son of Rodney posted:

Loving this post. Gonna think about how to Hunter Tompson DM a game

Fear and Loathing in Neverwinter

Where Buffalords Roam

Better Than Leveling Up

Mindless fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 20, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

When you're a DM, there's something very pleasing about rolling a tungsten d100 behind a screen, after your players have attempted something.
Plus, you get to fudge the results in case they're doing good, or punish them if they're being bad.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

When you're a DM, there's something very pleasing about rolling a tungsten d100 behind a screen, after your players have attempted something.
Plus, you get to fudge the results in case they're doing good, or punish them if they're being bad.

Some time ago I was running a horror-themed game that went over very well with my players. I'm talking literally gave two of the players nightmares well. At our debrief I asked them what the scariest part of the game was.

It was unanimous that the most nerve-racking, terrifying part of the game where they faced down eldritch horrors was being asked in a neutral voice, "So, do you close the door behind you?"

Ever since then I always throw in one or two seemingly-mundane choices every adventure. Sometimes they are even actually mundane. :getin:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I must have had different friends than you guys cause everyone I knew kept their weed stuff in a Crown Royal bag

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I must have had different friends than you guys cause everyone I knew kept their weed stuff in a Crown Royal bag

I keep mine in a casaba melon with a hole in the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

JonathonSpectre posted:

Some time ago I was running a horror-themed game that went over very well with my players. I'm talking literally gave two of the players nightmares well. At our debrief I asked them what the scariest part of the game was.

It was unanimous that the most nerve-racking, terrifying part of the game where they faced down eldritch horrors was being asked in a neutral voice, "So, do you close the door behind you?"

Ever since then I always throw in one or two seemingly-mundane choices every adventure. Sometimes they are even actually mundane. :getin:

Asking a player "do you touch it with your bare hand?" when they open a door is a running gag in my game, for largely the same reason.