Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Long covid brain is looking pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

SchnorkIes posted:

yeah i stand by that lol, the scope in space and time of their sins pales in comparison to great power imperialism past and present and it's kind of weird how much they get singled out

lmao Israels a product of great power imperialism dum-dum

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bathtub Cheese posted:

lmao Israels a product of great power imperialism dum-dum

Let's all agree to blame france

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

Let's all agree to blame france

Concur

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Is it me, or has it gotten harder and harder to keep up dated with Covid-19? For some reason, all of my social media has been pushing off any stories related to Covid off my tl and I have to actually search for those news.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

NeonPunk posted:

Is it me, or has it gotten harder and harder to keep up dated with Covid-19? For some reason, all of my social media has been pushing off any stories related to Covid off my tl and I have to actually search for those news.

that's because covid is over and we are open

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

NeonPunk posted:

COVID is over.

Open Biden!

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Open Biden!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1372897681589276674

lol the free market

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lmao owned

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

NeonPunk posted:

I thought I was going crazy when I first noticed this, but the local news station around here literally only report on our positive rate when it goes down

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

Yes, but this is a local phenomenon in extremely desirable areas where salaries are very high.

but it’s like the hermit crab chain. the people who sell and move, move to lower end markets inflating those markets. this occurs both locally to surrounding communities (say Olympia here) and nationally to other states.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/thegarance/status/1373041941047304192
thanks gov. cummo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Euros: "We believe in the free market!"

America, UK: "lol you dipshits, you think we created our empires for your benefit?"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

NeonPunk posted:

When I google "Alberta COVID-19", all I get is stories about how you can get the vaccine next month if you weigh 280 pounds or you were institutionalized for mental health reasons in the past year. I have to look around on Twitter to find oh, by the way, B117 is spreading uncontrollably with a doubling time of 11 days.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

and to be clear I think corporate purchasing of homes and the conversion of house to things like Airbnb are probably bigger factors.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Paradoxish posted:

I thought I was going crazy when I first noticed this, but the local news station around here literally only report on our positive rate when it goes down

How are their chocolate ration reports?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

SchnorkIes posted:

2x300k is 600k, times 3-4 (rule of thumb for house price back in the day) is like 1.8-2.4M, which is a reasonable detached home in San Jose

so is the problem people becoming landlords to switch to passive income or these people who can afford one house?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Surprisingly decent breakdown of the shortcomings of the Oster 3' vs. 6' paper on the latest TWiV: https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-734-2/

Pass on to your lib-brained friends who will only accept information from someone who sounds like they're delivering a college lecture.

e: They also make a plea to socialize the info about long COVID in kids, as that's conveniently left out of the discourse at the moment.

Insanite has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Mar 20, 2021

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

I think TWiV broke a bit wrt schools because even they weren't really expecting things to progress like this

I keep posting articles about small business idiots saying "uh whoa maybe this is too fast" because this breakneck open everything pace is just really blatantly loving stupid

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
whatever happened to real poll plane?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bar Ran Dun posted:

and to be clear I think corporate purchasing of homes and the conversion of house to things like Airbnb are probably bigger factors.

yeah probably the excess capital they have access to allowed for this, and the foresight that foreclosures/evictions were going to kick in due to COVID opened an opportunity for landlords/real estate assholes to try to take advantage of people. Curious how much the deferred eviction ban prevented this.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

so is the problem people becoming landlords to switch to passive income or these people who can afford one house?

The marginal utility of money is such that once you can afford that single inflated necessity you have enough left over to where you can easily absentee landlord multiple units somewhere less nice

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Still posting.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

good god you are loving annoying

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

is the fake plane shovelbum

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/mattsebastian/s...ingawful.com%2F

open the Biden blood gates

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Does anyone have a link to that study that showed how kids only have a 2-day window to pop a positive covid result? I can't seem to find it, either in this threads or elsewhere.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

SpaceCadetBob posted:

ate too many dog turds and died

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Tzen posted:

Does anyone have a link to that study that showed how kids only have a 2-day window to pop a positive covid result? I can't seem to find it, either in this threads or elsewhere.

IIRC it's referencing another study, but: https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab183/6150026

All of it's good reading. Page 3, referencing: https://doi.org/10.3201/eid2702.203517

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

fosborb posted:

england is loving itself again

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1373202068996034560?s=19

schools are clearly causing spread

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1373202075878887424?s=19

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1373231197107728388?s=19

and these are the "responsible mitigations" everyone seems intent to focus on even though they will literally never happen at a national or even district wide scale

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1373275546688364546?s=19

*squints*

so...open er up?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SchnorkIes posted:

yeah i stand by that lol, the scope in space and time of their sins pales in comparison to great power imperialism past and present and it's kind of weird how much they get singled out

yeah, so weird. haha drat your stupid

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SchnorkIes posted:

I mean I know white collar people always bitched about going into their office which was like a loving spa with a swimming pool and massages and free sushi, and then that work week study came out and I saw that personal errands and gym time counted as work, so lmao forever

god drat stfu

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
wow kinda feel bad not voting for trump now, truly a land of contrasts

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
why does everyone single israel out its so WEIRD haha what the gently caress, come on man

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
lots of dicknosing today at the grocery store

I haven’t see it this bad in awhile with regards to mask usage. I’m in MI.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

So I realized that if you're vaccinated, now is the best time to go out and do stuff in places that are still locked down

From what I can tell via a quick Google search, restaurants are at 25% capacity right now in illinois. So if youre vaxxed up, you go out, you aren't crammed in with a million other people, no one seated on the same bench next to you pressed against your jacket you put down as a barrier. People aren't as loud since there's less noise to shout over

If you wait til summer , restaurants will be at 100% capacity , everyone packed in, so not only 4x as many people breathing on you but they're yelling and shouting and spreading droplets further

Don't go to an indoor restaurant you dumbass.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Flunky posted:

is the fake plane shovelbum

Yeah.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Koirhor posted:

wow kinda feel bad not voting for trump now, truly a land of contrasts

you'll get another chance, don't worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

It's loving hilarious that we're just fully letting 'er rip on indoor dining even though we can't get our case counts anywhere near the bottom from last summer

Goddamn we are the stupidest society to ever exist.