Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i wonder how many people this new justice beleaguered cut is going to kill

Probably my brother in law *laugh track*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

I cannot for the life of me understand why people my age are pissing their life away watching four hour cuts of a movie they've already seen.

You've already seen it. The movie you already saw, was already a remake of six movies before it. Go ride a bike or watch some birds or some poo poo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
people’s brains and spirits are demolished

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

that bird is the child of the bird you already saw last year

Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

I put out a spicy mealworm block (it's peppered up so the squirrels don't gently caress with it) and I've already seen Carolina Wrens for the first time at my house.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

i wish thanos would snap his fingers and make your posts disappear!!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I cannot for the life of me understand why people my age are pissing their life away watching four hour cuts of a movie they've already seen.

You've already seen it. The movie you already saw, was already a remake of six movies before it. Go ride a bike or watch some birds or some poo poo.

how many times do you make what is roughly the same post

Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

how many times do you make what is roughly the same post

Every loving day until people quit doing it.

I'm watching my sister piss her life away with a husband who's got the resources to do more with his life but just won't. It's frustrating and I can't say it to them for obvious reasons.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Every loving day until people quit doing it.

I'm watching my sister piss her life away with a husband who's got the resources to do more with his life but just won't. It's frustrating and I can't say it to them for obvious reasons.

no i was implying that you waste a lot of time posting content that is not individually distinctive

but i get your frustration. sometimes i dunno if the "can't say it to them for obvious reasons" is always a thing, there are definitely ways to bring up concern. i'm not saying you have to continually harp on them about it, but it might be worth a single discussion

Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

no i was implying that you waste a lot of time posting content that is not individually distinctive

welcome to the forums

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

start with a jedi quote imo

Apr 7, 2003

For real though, most of my family still lives in a place where ingrained helplessness is a thing. One of my brothers + his wife make around $100K, and live in a house that's bought and paid for at a starting price of $29K. The house still has all the 1970s decor, including burnt orange carpets, drop ceilings, and fake wood panelling.

They could replace all that poo poo in a minute and make it a house that's really theirs, at a cost they can afford, but they probably don't even understand that you can pull the carpet out and redo the walls, because ingrained helplessness.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

at the same time if they don't care, what's the point

i mean i get where you're coming from, lots of people in the holler like this, but i guess at least it's not the reverse, going into debt just to put in granite or something.

welcome to the forums

yes yes

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr. Nice! posted:

for fun reach up and feel how much hair you have growing on the flappy part in front of your earhole.

plucking these fuckers is a soothing biweekly ritual for me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

plucking these fuckers is a soothing biweekly ritual for me.

plucking?! smhd don't you know how to braid?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
ear hairs get the same trimming as nose hairs, or unwanted eyebrow hairs

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

spent nearly all day yesterday bailing out water from the lovely basement the previous owners put in, feeling nice and sore today. man I need to join a gym again. I did give up eventually and go buy a little automated sump pump

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the smart way

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The house still has all the 1970s decor, including burnt orange carpets, drop ceilings, and fake wood panelling.

that’s cool and they should keep it thay way if it’s in good shape. way better than replacing it with some bland white cheap decor.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

axolotl farmer posted:

that’s cool and they should keep it thay way if it’s in good shape. way better than replacing it with some bland white cheap decor.

yeah, those crazy old fashions had personality and some charm

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

well. sometimes. they also had all the cheap variants that you see in things today. not everything is worthy of romanticizing it.

i mostly hate drop ceilings, though i suppose there is a case to be made about cutting heating costs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

well. sometimes. they also had all the cheap variants that you see in things today. not everything is worthy of romanticizing it.

i mostly hate drop ceilings, though i suppose there is a case to be made about cutting heating costs.

I need to bring in a garden ladder to change a loving light bulb.

e: When I was a kid one wall in the vestibule was poison green. The living room had a poo poo brown wall and then a sort of baby poo poo to mustard fluctuating wavy wallpaper on the others.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 21, 2021

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

who did you upset enough to get a swedish flag avatar?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

who did you upset enough to get a swedish flag avatar?

Why are you asking me?

matti
Mar 31, 2019

which yosposter has a drinking problem and more expendable income than sense

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

matti posted:

which yosposter has a drinking problem and more expendable income than sense

Wow that's narrowed it down.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

hehhehheh

mystes
May 31, 2006

My aunt who's retired and a birder drives like 2-6 hours every day to try to see rare birds that look exactly like extremely common birds. I think I'd rather just watch the snyder cut if it's all the same.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's no difference between re-watching a four-hour movie and going for a bike ride if you then tell people about it on the Internet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mystes posted:

My aunt who's retired and a birder drives like 2-6 hours every day to try to see rare birds that look exactly like extremely common birds. I think I'd rather just watch the snyder cut if it's all the same.

does she enjoy the driving? i used to love to drive

nowadays the thought of more than a half-hour in the car drives me to despair (this is an overdramatization)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I need to bring in a garden ladder to change a loving light bulb.

same and it’s still superior imo because it feels like you have more room to breathe about in

with that said i really do need to find some quality dimmable leds for the kitchen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

same and it’s still superior imo because it feels like you have more room to breathe about in

with that said i really do need to find some quality dimmable leds for the kitchen

No you don't. Nobody needs dimmable lights at home.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No you don't. Nobody needs dimmable lights at home.

what? you weirdo

i have like 5 ceiling lights in the kitchen controlled with one switch. if i buy bright bulbs it’s great for cooking and task work and terrible at all other times. if i buy low brightness bulbs it’s great for general lighting but terrible for cooking and task work. i have big loving dimmer switches on the wall and i’m going to use them

matti
Mar 31, 2019

have u heard of curtains? its a cloth instrument for something called a window

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

matti posted:

have u heard of curtains? its a cloth instrument for something called a window

yes let’s tear down a wall to increase windows into the kitchen that is a very sensible decision

also do you know where i can get windows that light the house when there is no sun in the sky

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

also do you know where i can get windows that light the house when there is no sun in the sky
*shaggar voice* turn on your monitor

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

*shaggar voice* turn on your monitor

:aaaaa:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

people’s brains and spirits are demolished

that's the best explanation i've heard for watching a dc movie yet

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

mystes posted:

you’re aunt is cool and birding is a great way to be outdoors and actually have fun.

I enjoy birding, but I’m not competitive. just like to be out there seeing som birds go about their bird business. twitchers that drive across the entire country to see a Siberian rubythroat that took a wrong turn at Omsk isn’t my style.

I like to set up my scope and poor myself some coffee and listen for weird bird calls. Mrs Farmer is much more competitive than me and keeps checklists and stuff. if it’s a bird that I have never seen before, great. if not, pretty great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, birding is wholesome and good.