Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

halokiller posted:

Alright son, pack your things we're flying to Orlando tonight. No we're not going to Disney or Universal, but it's even better than those!

Are there other Jesus-themed mini-golf courses? I've never seen one, but the unintentional comedic possibilities are endless.

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
re. bar name chat does anyone else have these awful inn pun bars, I only really remember them from where I grew up

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I would remind those people that "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image", but I'm pretty sure nobody going to The Holy Land Experience ever read that book :dawkins101:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to live up the road from Somewhere in Augusta

I can't find an image that wasn't taken with a potato though

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

no pubes yet sorry posted:

also

ohio has some real desolate wasteland vibes sometimes

The Traders World and Treasure Aisles flea markets right next door are peak Americana. Shame they cracked down on bootleg stuff compared to 10 years ago.

This reminds me I need to visit the mustard man and stock up.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
god i miss flea markets from 15-20 years+ ago. back when half the people there were just selling poo poo from their house and they never knew what it was.

the last 2 or 3 I've been to have been minimum 50% poo poo that fell off the back of a truck in bulk, like aspirin and magnet bracelets and poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

god i miss flea markets from 15-20 years+ ago. back when half the people there were just selling poo poo from their house and they never knew what it was.

the last 2 or 3 I've been to have been minimum 50% poo poo that fell off the back of a truck in bulk, like aspirin and magnet bracelets and poo poo

The one nearest me is like visiting AliExpress in person but with a farmers market inside

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
The east bay area had some great regular flea markets before Covid. I am looking forward to those coming back.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea that thrill of finding some weird thing you were looking for and the thrill they feel at the sight of the weirdo they've been waiting for to give them cash for this junk.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i guess it depends on what youre in it for. i think the days of going to the flea market and getting well built wood furniture for next to nothing are gone, but i haven't really tried.

in general they've gone from "quality interesting stuff" to "people buying and re-selling loving crap in bulk", at least here in the midwest

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Paladin posted:

Well, that's a nice holster and outfit combination.

Love to leave the trigger completely exposed so I can shoot myself in the leg if I bump into anything. Some people say keep guns out of reach of children but I keep that at hip height to give em a go

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ebay killed most of the fun markets.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

The Bloop posted:

The one nearest me is like visiting AliExpress in person but with a farmers market inside

Had one of those as well that operated from a former K-Mart. Didn't survive thru Covid sadly.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Tex Avery posted:

Anybody else notice what the shirt says?

Looks like Wyoming Rehab

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I like auctions, especially the rural ones with food.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I remember as a kid in the 90s flea markets already being 75% knives and t shirts they obviously stole from an import container or maybe bought from a wholesaler. I guess the difference now is any body can just order it direct from Ali. Intense copyright infringement Tazmanian Devil energy at every booth.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Last flea market I saw was full of wooden spoons and other carved poo poo of questionable quality.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
most flea markets are less fall offthe back of a truck and more boredboomer buys from wholesalers and flips for pennies for something to do. its kind of sad

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The flea markets near me (Canada) are a mish-mash of poo poo since it's basically low-rent commercial space.
It consists of:
Stores that sell ebay knives and trinkets
Stores that sell bongs and other weed paraphernalia
Used CD and Video Game stores
Dudes selling repaired laptops for 30% more than what you can get them elsewhere
Old people selling a few old-ish things. Usually either ugly crystal and dolls or broken tools and poo poo no one wants.
Old people selling lovely furniture and appliances
Liquidation clothing
Local businesses selling jerky, home-made incense, belts and whatever else.

And the highlight for me is the little kiosk that sells bannock

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

That jesus fucks

He's like the Christian version of the Disney theme park Gaston actor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VTMzBCqGKU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Gutter Phoenix posted:

The east bay area had some great regular flea markets before Covid. I am looking forward to those coming back.

The Alameda Penny Market, at the drive in, blew them all away, but it's long gone. The other ones are just weak.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"When the WALLS
come tumblin' tumblin'
O' When the walls..."
--JCM

16-bit RDRAM
May 31, 2020

by angerbeet

zedprime posted:

re. bar name chat does anyone else have these awful inn pun bars, I only really remember them from where I grew up

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

LifeSunDeath posted:

That jesus fucks

Must get annoying when he flips over the ticket booths every day.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

There is a localish flea market here in MA that has your typical tons of Ali stuff, knives, nachos and vhs tapes.

Outside however is a different story - they sell a weekend pass for random people and it's a gold mine of esoteric poo poo. I've purchased everything from framed prints of ancient Japanese books about rural life to giant metal breaker bars.

Haven't been since covid so who knows but it was extremely america for MA, where it's usually just racist and not folksy.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I'm the fading bud light sign

That place is up there in bad names, simply because it's so derivative

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Palpek posted:

Here's a really chill, slow documentary on the history of burgers that I just remembered seeing all those years ago. I don't know if it's just simple conversations the author has with the diner owners or the lazy pace of the film but it conveys the sort of authentic American town atmosphere very well. I really enjoyed it and maybe you will too. All sorts of interesting burgers in it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkdez36sURc&t=82s

At the 10:40 mark, is that a massive slathering of mayo on the underside of the top bun?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

SirPablo posted:

At the 10:40 mark, is that a massive slathering of mayo on the underside of the top bun?
Nah, that's cheese, the guy claims it's a special recipe just for steam cheeseburgers.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Freddy Mercury faked his death, fled to small town America, and got fat.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

dsriggs posted:

I would remind those people that "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image", but I'm pretty sure nobody going to The Holy Land Experience ever read that book :dawkins101:

I think the Protestants of the 1500s would be disappointed to find out that all their efforts to get the Bible printed in local languages was a waste of time because their spiritual decendents don't bother to read anything anything but cereal boxes and the Sunday funnies.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't imagine the patties being great but damned if everytime I see that cheese I don't want to try one

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Load size.... large.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mmmmm, fresh wooden dowels out of the fryer!

zedprime posted:

There is a place here called Stumble Inn.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1373415649947611136

So that's not normal for Arkansas?

16-bit RDRAM
May 31, 2020

by angerbeet
I lived down there for a few years and a month in I looked outside and some piece of poo poo oldsmobile managed to high center itself on a 1ft decorative rock

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Reminds me of the best part of the movie Red Dragon.

naem
May 29, 2011

hey look it’s the economy

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

Either egg or cheese. He puts it on with a spatual and the spatula comes away dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I wasn't sure. I know how huge swaths of America loving love mayo.