Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

honestly that blew my mind. it was such an absurd amount of money

Cincinnati is a smaller market than Pittsburgh

If the Pirates couldn't afford a guy like Votto, neither could the Reds

But they did it and it crippled them for like a decade lol

They tried to do the free agent thing in 2019 with guys like Puig and it didn't work out either, god bless the Reds. Oldest franchise in baseball, always ready to make the Pirates look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The long-time owner of the Reds wasn’t a neo-nazi, only because technically she was old enough to just be a regular Nazi.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ShadowHawk posted:

Or maybe I'm being naive.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
fyi if you live in california, rite aid lets you put "multigenerational household" under your occupation for eligibility now

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Fortaleza posted:

The long-time owner of the Reds wasn’t a neo-nazi, only because technically she was old enough to just be a regular Nazi.

lmao so true. she was in her teens before the end of wwII and for those who don't know was actually banned from managing baseball for a few years because she literally came out in support of hitler

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fortaleza posted:

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

sorry, can't hear you over the NCAA tournament games playing at this Buffalo Wild Wings

last night i watched a bunch of UFC with some yosbros and really enjoyed it, because the stands are empty and the mics pick up all the coaching and chatter on the side.

also one of the bouts had a dude named kevin holland in it. though he lost, i loved every second because he literally _constantly_ talks poo poo during the entire thing and you can hear him. like some guy's got him on his back and pushing a forearm into his throat and you can hear him just shitposting "ok baby that's a little rough, lemme see what you got, cause this aint enough" and you can hear it all lmbo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realsardonicus/status/1373712895939383300

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that’s me only the two guys are reversed

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1371496436764975104

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Idk the paper looks allwhite

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

also one of the bouts had a dude named kevin holland in it. though he lost, i loved every second because he literally _constantly_ talks poo poo during the entire thing and you can hear him. like some guy's got him on his back and pushing a forearm into his throat and you can hear him just shitposting "ok baby that's a little rough, lemme see what you got, cause this aint enough" and you can hear it all lmbo

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1372632618106245125

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1373744400610770947

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

There was a belgian beer bar here called The Sharp Edge that had six locations at one point and they're all closing down as the founder gets set to retire and winds down his businesses and it sucks poo poo, I liked getting to learn about the weird European beers they'd serve that I couldn't get anywhere else.

sharp edge is real good

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

There was a belgian beer bar here called The Sharp Edge that had six locations at one point and they're all closing down as the founder gets set to retire and winds down his businesses and it sucks poo poo, I liked getting to learn about the weird European beers they'd serve that I couldn't get anywhere else.

start an indiegogo to buy it or some poo poo, v 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my old go to place was like that. it was called the pilsen klub and i loved it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

when it’s not a pandemic i like to go to a place called milo’s (pronounced mi-loash).

phenom draught list usually and i don’t think i’ve ever had something there i actively disliked

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

rip him and his love of comic sans

place was pretty great

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

President Beep posted:

my old go to place was like that. it was called the pilsen klub and i loved it.

drat. think it might be closed for good now. holy poo poo. that place was very special to me. started going there at a very formative time in my life. excellent memories. jesus.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

drat. think it might be closed for good now. holy poo poo. that place was very special to me. started going there at a very formative time in my life. excellent memories. jesus.

this will happen to everything in your life as you age

it sucks

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

this will happen to everything in your life as you age

it sucks

yospos is closing on april 12th, 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jeffry pm’d me the other day to break the news to me

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

jeffry pm’d me the other day to break the news to me

its ok we're migrating to https://yospos.org

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage posted:

lmao of course one of you nerds owns that

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

lol. who’s responsible for this?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Rip yosvape

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

lol. who’s responsible for this?

well his github and linkedin are accessible from that page so presumably whoever that dude is

this is getting uncomfortably close to doxxing tho lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh, fair enough. yeah, don’t want to go in that diy.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lolling at https://checkyourprivilege.org/

art

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Watching cubs fans tear up as they detonate is all that's sustaining me as a Pirates fan.

long term cubs fans were expecting them to detonate _before_ winning the world series. we're still surprised about that one. the cubs sucking again is just the world returning to normal

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cubs and leicester winning the sports in 2016 broke reality

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hey, looks like ohio is lowering the vaccine age a week early, so anyone +16 is eligible starting today. it'll get an official announcement in the regular 2pm briefing but it was mentioned at an earlier event today

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The Cubs WS victory party in Chicago is one of the largest gatherings in human history, that's pretty cool IMO.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I wanted them to remain good and win a few more like Red Sox so they lose that silly underdog veneer they've been clinging to for a century.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drat i cant believe an admin on this site is a hosed up weirdo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

TCC should be closed, though. For real.

anyone remember when it used to have a 'meetups but NOT for selling drugs ok :wink:' subforum lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ansible Adams posted:

drat i cant believe an admin on this site is a hosed up weirdo

it was a dumb edgelord post from seven years ago, cyrano's enemies are having to really mine for fresh material. go back to 2014 in the archives, that's hardly the worst thing you'll find.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

new jersey back over 4k new cases per day thanks to starting to OPENERUP almost exactly two weeks ago who could possibly have foreseen this

quote:

As of Sunday, the state’s seven-day average of new Covid-19 cases has increased to just over 4,000 per day — a more than 10% jump from the previous week, according to a CNBC analysis of data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. It also leads the U.S. in new cases per capita over the past week, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

When asked on CNN whether the state would “hold off” on reopening plans for a week or two, Murphy said, “I think what you’ll see going forward is we will do that.”

“My guess is, we won’t be opening up further capacity for some time now because of .. the caseload,” Murphy said, adding that he thinks things should improve as the weather gets warmer and more people in the state get vaccinated.

New Jersey has opened its indoor capacity for restaurants and other businesses to 50%, according to Murphy.

Other states are also seeing a rise in new cases as they reopen, and health officials are concerned that could cause a new surge as highly contagious variants spread across the nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the worst part of the 2016 ws was joe buck losing his loving mind to anything kYlE sChWaRbEr did