Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Popular, not critically well-received.West Wing is a loving blip compared to Whedon's influence.
Sorkin is literally responsible for creating the breed of political zealots obsessed with mealy-mouthed centrism and concession that have been shaping policy for over a decade and a half. The repercussions of that hack-tool-fraud is going to be felt for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You're both right. Sorkin's ramifications in the political space are catastrophic, but he was a blip in terms of TV trends- mostly because his poo poo is way too boring and bad for an audience of anyone but the most self selecting libs

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish he had stuck to SportsNight

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just so everybdoy is aware, #RestoreTheSnyderVerse is now trending on Twitter so I guess this is what happens when you relent to internet weirdos

You give a mouse a cookie and he always wants more poo poo

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

No Mods No Masters posted:

You're both right. Sorkin's ramifications in the political space are catastrophic, but he was a blip in terms of TV trends- mostly because his poo poo is way too boring and bad for an audience of anyone but the most self selecting libs

Correct.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

its only because his poo poo was on HBO when HBO meant you had mega-bucks to blow on TV packages

imagine if he did the west wing now. liberals, as impossible as it seems, would be even more insufferable

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I can’t imagine how that would even be possible. But I want to see it. You could power the planet on the power of vibrating smug. Release the Sorkin cut.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galewolf posted:

There is another Sherlock Cinematic Universe series coming up with bunch of randos played by leftovers from GoT (I think I saw the guy played The Hound and the kid played archer shaman) solving Cthulhu crimes or something. It looked like Penny Dreadful but minus Eva Green and her bazongas.

Calling a post first season cancel.

I'm surprised they're not tying in Great Gatsby now that it's public domain.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Absolutely no one would have patience for the west wing today. Having extremely boring but obnoxious people just have long tortured conversations in prime time was an evolutionary dead end

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Absolutely no one would have patience for the west wing today. Having extremely boring but obnoxious people just have long tortured conversations in prime time was an evolutionary dead end

people would turn for the seven seasons of “will josh and his blonde secretary gently caress?”

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The dumbest Sorkin scene ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypsQO3dFiB8

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

the boys are morons and both justice leagues movie are trash made for idiots

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Nothing is more embarrassing than the newsroom. And I've seen both star wars 9 AND space cop

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Slotducks posted:

Whos a bigger hack? Joss Wheedon or Steven Moffat or Aaron Sorkin?

Definitely Sorkin over Whedon but having just watched Sherlock recently, I think Moffat ranks above them both

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Popular, not critically well-received.West Wing is a loving blip compared to Whedon's influence.

I think West Wing has a lot to answer for

Former Myanmar General were learning “how to be a democratic congress, a parliament” by watching old episodes of Aaron Sorkin's “The West Wing.”

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So basically the only way to make a seemingly decent Synder film now is to first spend tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars on letting an even shittier director take a crack at the project and then three years later whatever Synder cranks out will seem good in comparison?

I mean, okay.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I hope they make Justice League 2 using an even longer and more convoluted process

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

no wonder they went with a coup and junta instead

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
when u finished the west wing but he keep sorkin

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Sorkin is in the "I'm surprised he wasn't MeTooed" category along with Bill Maher and Seth MacFarlane. I guess their very specific strain of smug, enlightened, liberal misogyny doesn't manifest similarly to Whedon's.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Are you all telling me I shouldn't be studying to be a doctor by watching House M.D. or what are we saying here I'm kinda in the middle of heart surgery.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Are you all telling me I shouldn't be studying to be a doctor by watching House M.D. or what are we saying here I'm kinda in the middle of heart surgery.

wasn’t house a neurologist or was that Forman

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mozi posted:

when u finished the west wing but he keep sorkin

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
My exit polling of this HITB
+ has Rich
+ + has Rich Cam
- all 3 suck on Zack's dick because they had just fresh finished the theatrical cut, anything else look like Spider-Man 2 after watching the Joss cut 3 times
- - didn't call out the atrocious acting of Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Darksyde's arms.
+ called out the atrocious Joker ending
- soft padding Snyder's terrible "vision" even though the RLM never cared about the filmmakers creative freedom
+ made fun of Joss Whedon's "Jokes" again, that part was funny

Overall I give it a 3 out of 5 cinemascore.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Slotducks posted:

I'm not sure who's the worst but Moffat loving sucks rear end. When you have people pining for Russel T Davies's era of Dr Who after your run you know you suck.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Galewolf posted:

There is another Sherlock Cinematic Universe series coming up with bunch of randos played by leftovers from GoT (I think I saw the guy played The Hound and the kid played archer shaman, probably wrong) solving Cthulhu crimes or something. It looked like Penny Dreadful but minus Eva Green and her bazongas.

Calling a post first season cancel.

I don't expect it to be good, but let's be fair, GoT had basically 80% of all British actors. There is hardly a British show without any GoT cast members.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah but Eva Green tho
:chanpop:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Slotducks posted:

kevin smith

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wasn’t house a neurologist or was that Forman

I probably should have asked that before I ended up elbow deep in this dude but I mean how important can he be? Anybody here know anybody by the name of... William Evans?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Come on man, Kevin Smith is the dynamite option in rock-paper-scissors

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i remember watching the first season or two of house when it was on the teevee and liking it ~15 years ago, and didn't watch any of the subsequent seasons, and have no desire to revisit it to find out my taste sucked

see also: the first season of dexter

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If william was actually an alternative name of Richard I think the joke would work better but apparently my brain just absolutely crapped out on that one.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

All true content hounds are struggling to digest the ZSJL content, and monday posting is usually rough in any case. I can't forgive you but I can understand how the mistake would come about

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i remember watching the first season or two of house when it was on the teevee and liking it ~15 years ago, and didn't watch any of the subsequent seasons, and have no desire to revisit it to find out my taste sucked

rear end in a top hat solves weird rear end mystery diseases by being an rear end in a top hat had a surprising amount of gas in it but they eventually shifted the show to being about house’s psyche and it just goes off the loving rails

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I had no idea there is a show for Sherlock's kid sister. I guess these steaming services will dig up any public domain property and a build a steaming universe around it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

poisonpill posted:

Yeah but Eva Green tho
:chanpop:

They weren't enough to save the 300 sequel, that was a bad movie, and not in a fun way (it was mostly just tedious). It was just a belated imitation of 300, which is a very weird movie to begin with and probably has to be made with the complete sincerity and naivety of a zack snyder to not just become a movie that the society in the Starship Troopers movie would produce (and it still kind of is that).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Just Chamber posted:

I'm not sure who's the worst but Moffat loving sucks rear end. When you have people pining for Russel T Davies's era of Dr Who after your run you know you suck.

This right here, Matt Smith was a good choice for the role of the Doctor but everything else about Moffat's run is absolutely dire

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cowcaster posted:

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Nothing is more embarrassing than the newsroom. And I've seen both star wars 9 AND space cop

I've never watched it but the Studio 60 clips people have linked make it seem like the smuggest, most cringe poo poo ever put to film

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Communist Walrus posted:

I've never watched it but the Studio 60 clips people have linked make it seem like the suggest, most cringe poo poo ever put to film

There were many, many terribly cringe moments in Studio 60. One of my personal favorite was John Goodman playing a small town judge in Pahrump, Nevada that has one of the show-within-a-show's cast members held for a traffic violation so that Sorkin can make a self-righteous point about small town conservative Christians. Of course, the real Pahrump is most known for its brothels and machine-gun firing ranges.