Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
One of the stupidest things that human beings can do is to forget that oppression is not a zero-sum game. Just because someone else has it worse does not mean your own situation has gotten any better. It's why solidarity is so important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PetraCore posted:

I, too, am very upset that as a lesbian living where I live with the family situation I have I am... less oppressed... than I could be...? Like, what's even their argument, that trans people have it rougher and it's bad because now people feel sorry for them when they get metaphorically kicked?

This is not to say that cis lesbians and gay men cannot be horrifically oppressed, it just feels like such a 'liberal white feminism' take to be upset that people don't feel sorry enough for the queers that have found some widespread societal traction.

Yeh I sure feel less oppressed when people accuse me, an butch lesbian, of being a man to the point that some fat gammon twat once threw me against a wall to stop me using the toilet. Particularly not oppressive to me is that in getting all worked up over a completely imagined threat of their own invention they are going to demand I prove my gender when I go for a piss, which I can’t do because I’m adopted and there is no gender marker on my paper work. Outstanding job there TERFs, attack the women who don’t act like trad wives and force them to conform, great feminism well done.

God I hate TERFs.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

learnincurve posted:

Yeh I sure feel less oppressed when people accuse me, an butch lesbian, of being a man to the point that some fat gammon twat once threw me against a wall to stop me using the toilet. Particularly not oppressive to me is that in getting all worked up over a completely imagined threat of their own invention they are going to demand I prove my gender when I go for a piss, which I can’t do because I’m adopted and there is no gender marker on my paper work. Outstanding job there TERFs, attack the women who don’t act like trad wives and force them to conform, great feminism well done.

God I hate TERFs.
Yeah, that's a good point, too, anything designed to target trans people is going to hit a lot of cis queer people and even cishet people too. It's all just about control all the way down.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Extremely cool that two gay people are lamenting that society accepts them now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
WHAT BENEFITS!?!?!??

motherfucker LIST THEM!!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

WHAT BENEFITS!?!?!??

you can live like a king/queen/nonbinary monarch with those tumblr upvotes.

going to exchange my oppression points at the antifa store to buy sick backgrounds for my profile page

E: actually given glenn has terminal online brain he might actually believe this

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Sorry to go back to something discussed two pages ago but the best sport that actually flows is rugby. It has the physicality of American Football but the flow of proper football. It is played for 80 minutes and the games usually last that long so no game is 3 hours long with little happening in between and 1 hours worth of commercial breaks.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's just dogwhistle for "trans isn't real", mixed with a veneer of "and is a way to steal the social justice points rightfully due to the gays" which I can't tell is crab mentality or just another dogwhistle for "which isn't real either"

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

christmas boots posted:

OTOH go back to the silent era and you get movies that are five hours long

Napoleon is an outlier adn should not be counted. Seriously, there have always been saga-length movies. But the length of a "normal" movie used to be shorter than it is now.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

1stGear posted:

https://i.imgur.com/DENyoUU.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

WHAT BENEFITS!?!?!??

Getting to make fun of him on Twitter.

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

I have a genius plan for Glenn Greenwald that will put those trans people back in their place at the bottom of the ladder of oppression. All he and the people like him have to do is- get this- stop oppressing them.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
The looney left is obsessed with these Oppression Olympics, anyway here's my oppression NCAA march madness fantasy draft.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sports are only supposed to be metaphorically pointless.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

1stGear posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this also some very LGB Alliance bullshit, where they insist the reason they don't include TI+ is because of difference in oppression rather than actually just not liking TI+ people?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

SpacePig posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this also some very LGB Alliance bullshit, where they insist the reason they don't include TI+ is because of difference in oppression rather than actually just not liking TI+ people?

No that gaggle of twats are all straight white people heavily funded by the far right Christian WoLF group. It’s a wall of text explanation involving British Uber TERFs going on a jolly to an anti-abortion rally in America and this group appearing but here’s the basics,

The LGBalliance plan is two fold.

Stop LGBT+ education in schools

Remove the under 18s right to abortions and contraception without parental consent.

The way they are doing this is by screaming about trans women being a danger to women and girls, in exactly the same way as they did with gay men and women (they also have this whole “bi people do not exist” subplot). Then they go after trans kids and try to get puberty blockers stopped because they say the under 16s can’t give informed consent - which are exactly the same laws that allow teenagers to get contraception and abortions.

They also hate trans people but it’s all part and parcel of being absolutely evil son’s of bitches.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I mean, yeah hateful people often don't have an internally consistent system of beliefs, but what the gently caress does the B stand for in LGB Alliance if they the don't think bisexual people are real?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

I mean, yeah hateful people often don't have an internally consistent system of beliefs, but what the gently caress does the B stand for in LGB Alliance if they the don't think bisexual people are real?

Brownshirt

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1374060110713126912

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I love liberal galaxy brain IOSM (it's in reference to Biden tripping on the way up Air Force One):

https://twitter.com/Pitt4Hillary/status/1373040687453773824

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/krispykreme/status/1373996749153533956

The replies to this one are a goldmine of IOSM.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm fully convinced that democrat brain parasite conspiracy theories are real and these people are evidence

Edit: the president stair tripping martyrdom I mean, not the people yelling at donuts

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skwirl posted:

If they ever successfully did Holocaust the T, they would immediately rebrand as the LG Alliance. Dunno where they’d go from there, if they’d then go after both the gays or try to wipe them out one at a time.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If they ever successfully did Holocaust the T, they would immediately rebrand as the LG Alliance. Dunno where they’d go from there, if they’d then go after both the gays or try to wipe them out one at a time.

A wild Posy Parker rears up out of nowhere and starts scrawking and ranting about sex workers.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Man, I don't have either a vaccine or a donut, and now I'm bummed.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The outrage and having a scapegoat is vital to the survival of a fascist regime, they would absolutely start off, "Oh, leather daddies are not real gays, they are deviants" and subdivide the group more and more. if they ever didn't have an enemy or a group to label as 'deviant' eyes would turn to the leadership about why everybodies lives sucked.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Lap-Lem posted:

The outrage and having a scapegoat is vital to the survival of a fascist regime, they would absolutely start off, "Oh, leather daddies are not real gays, they are deviants" and subdivide the group more and more. if they ever didn't have an enemy or a group to label as 'deviant' eyes would turn to the leadership about why everybodies lives sucked.

They did exactly this last pride season.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Well that was a plot twist I wasn’t expecting.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
This is a year old, but it's wonderful:

https://twitter.com/Jacecam32/status/1224817474920579072

https://twitter.com/Jacecam32/status/1224823131291828224

And since it got mentioned on Pharyngula and so Jace might delete:

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Don't US sewer systems have gigantic floods during the last commercial break of the Super Bowl when everyone goes and flushes the toilet after downing all the beer they'd bought? Or something similar

I have a graph from the 2010 Olympics during the Men's Gold medal game!

https://www.zdnet.com/article/infographic-water-consumption-in-edmonton-canada-during-olympic-gold-medal-hockey-game/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The six kingdoms, animals, plants, fungi, prokaryotes, eukaryotes, and dinosaurs.

The dinosaura kingdom was a TV show from like the 2000's wasn't it?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I was 100% convinced that was an obvious troll reply but looking at that dude's tl it's extremely normie and straight and now I have no idea what to think.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TimBrando/status/1373988670521413633?s=20

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

dialhforhero posted:

YouTube ads are bad and poorly timed and

I DONT CARE about that meaningful chess game with father and daughter
and
I AM NOT GETTING GRAMMARLY

As someone who has never smoked tobacco/nicotine, STOP SHOWING ME ANTI-SMOKING ADS! As a recovering alcoholic, STOP SHOWING ME BOOZE ADS!

learnincurve posted:

I have a friend who is a trans man but still uses the women's restroom (not sure why, fears about not passing, I'd assume?). A few months ago, a cis woman in the bathroom harassed him, accusing him of...being a trans woman. My friend was very confused emotionally. "I'm not sure if I should be upset that I experienced transphobia, or happy that she thought I was AMAB!"

learnincurve posted:

(they also have this whole “bi people do not exist” subplot).

As an ol' nympomaniac, indecisive, greedy, attention-seeking, cheating bi, I'd love to hear more about this...because as someone else pointed out, why not be the LG Alliance then?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Part of me thinks this may be because bi folks are usually less likely to be transphobic when it comes to picking romantic/sexual partners...maybe we "legitimize the trans" too much? After all, can't have them thinking they can be attractive and deserving of loving relationships and/or healthy fun sex, just like a cis person!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Kenning posted:

I was 100% convinced that was an obvious troll reply but looking at that dude's tl it's extremely normie and straight and now I have no idea what to think.

That was what I thought too, but yeah, his timeline seems to indicate that he really is just that dumb.

(Thomas is great, and a pro follow if you like reading about dinosaurs.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Part of me thinks this may be because bi folks are usually less likely to be transphobic when it comes to picking romantic/sexual partners...maybe we "legitimize the trans" too much? After all, can't have them thinking they can be attractive and deserving of loving relationships and/or healthy fun sex, just like a cis person!

I wonder about this too, it's certainly much easier to just have a "who cares" attitude as to what your attraction to someone means about your sexuality and I wonder if there are a section of exclusively homosexual people who are just as neurotic about that as some heterosexuals can be.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder about this too, it's certainly much easier to just have a "who cares" attitude as to what your attraction to someone means about your sexuality and I wonder if there are a section of exclusively homosexual people who are just as neurotic about that as some heterosexuals can be.

Yeah, this. Straight or gay folks who aren't straight up transphobic may have that struggle of "Well, their gender matches what I like but their genitals don't (or vice versa), this requires some Soul Searching" but if you're bi/pan, it's just kinda like "Okay, cool. I find you attractive regardless!"

And as to your second point (" I wonder if there are a section of exclusively homosexual people who are just as neurotic about that as some heterosexuals can be."), yes. Yes, there absolutely are.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I hope that over time people will just drop the prescriptive idea of having to fit 100% into a binary category and just accept that they like what they like and it doesn't need to have any more significance than that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, absolutely, and it self-reinforces because if one of them admits to having been attracted to a single man/woman their weird neurotic cohort will eat them alive for 'faking' instead of going, oh, so you're bi but didn't know it/prefer homosexual relationships.

I mostly see it from the lesbian side but I'm sure there's some of that with gay men bc people be people. I really don't care if a bisexual woman who heavily leans towards women wants to identify as a lesbian out of practicality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It would be nice if belonging to a minority yourself actually made people more enlightened and open-minded towards other minorities, but yeah, it sadly doesn't. Homosexual people can be just as bad about this as Hetero people.