Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

josh04 posted:

During the resurrection flashforwards.
Isn't it the movie child-Bruce saw with his parents? I was imagining we'd just watch it with him, maybe their heads would be in the frame MST3K style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wonder how much copium is being passed around in the GBS RLM thread now that we know the RLM dudes actually liked ZSJL, lmao.

[edit] Also, the gently caress is Jay on about saying Zack Snyder doesn't care about regular people and only cares about heroes punching poo poo? The pretentious asshat loving praises the "Iris being saved" scene and the beauty surrounding it, and the levity/hotdog punchline after. Lmao. What a dumbass.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 23, 2021

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Danger posted:

Snyder’s version is a much better gag. Like Nolan’s just reads as Gordon being laggard while Snyder keeping Flash there, the fastest man alive, is a legit sight gag.

The actual joke version of that is the one where Catwoman pulls the same trick on Batman and he's like "oh"

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

teagone posted:

I wonder how much copium is being passed around in the GBS RLM thread now that we know the RLM dudes actually liked ZSJL, lmao.

a fair amount lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

teagone posted:

"They didn't like it that much"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Roth posted:

"They didn't like it that much"

:laffo:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Any chance of a Snyderdome stream of Excalibur in the future? Hopefully at a friendly time and date.

Excalibur/Fury Road double feature to ride the high of the sequels that won't happen

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It rules that in the DC world America has a spaceship that they leave parked in lower Manhattan that keeps getting broken into and vandalized.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

Excalibur/Fury Road double feature to ride the high of the sequels that won't happen

I like this idea. Let's plan it for April 2nd... 7 or 8PM Pacific?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

LesterGroans posted:

My fave Snydercut sequel-that-won't-happen is the implicit Wonder Woman 2, where Diana returns to Paradise Island, fuckin dies, and then Darkside crashes her funeral.

Also the Aquaman 2 where Darkside takes over as the new Ocean Master, and then steals all the water.

Also the movie about the magic green ring that spends several thousand years hopping from one ALF to another, as they keep getting owned.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

My fave Snydercut sequel-that-won't-happen is the implicit Wonder Woman 2, where Diana returns to Paradise Island, fuckin dies, and then Darkside crashes her funeral.

After watching the Snyder Cut WW84 is even more loving bonkers. Have you seen it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ccs posted:

I’ve been completely blind sighted by hbomberguy enjoying this movie. I may actually have to watch it....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1374138010275565569

come to us

We shall embrace you with love and understanding

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

LesterGroans posted:

After watching the Snyder Cut WW84 is even more loving bonkers. Have you seen it?

It's like Shazaam, where I feel like I've already seen it and preemptively regret having done so.

I consider Wonder Woman 1 curiously underrated, despite its popularity, and I'm annoyed that they moved away from that.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Also the movie about the magic green ring that spends several thousand years hopping from one ALF to another, as they keep getting owned.

I laughed so loving hard at this description holy lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

teagone posted:

Oh my God dude it's so bad in there.

It's like the Anti-Fun Equation.

poo poo from ":agesilaus: heh why did Wayne buy a whole bank / You assume Snydrr know how banks work" to "Man of Steel is bad because Superman could have flown the World Engine to the dark side of the moon and thrown it at Zod there but the writers are bad and dumb and don't know anything".

:gibs:

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

FilthyImp posted:

poo poo from ":agesilaus: heh why did Wayne buy a whole bank / You assume Snydrr know how banks work" to "Man of Steel is bad because Superman could have flown the World Engine to the dark side of the moon and thrown it at Zod there but the writers are bad and dumb and don't know anything".

It's literally stated that the World Engine is putting out all kinds of radiation harmful to Superman.

LadyThorne
Dec 12, 2005
The lazy

PeterCat posted:

It's literally stated that the World Engine is putting out all kinds of radiation harmful to Superman.

Ah, but the writers should have written it so superman was not challenged in any way. The world engine should fit in his pocket and zod should be open to a rational dialogue about why this is a bad place to fight. Zod would say, oh my God, you're right, a lot of people could get hurt here, wow that was a close one.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

FilthyImp posted:

Someone said Ray Fisher was a bad actor :psyduck:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don’t know what RLM is exactly (reaction channel?) but the thread is intensely bad vibes

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ccs posted:

I’ve been completely blind sighted by hbomberguy enjoying this movie. I may actually have to watch it....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1374138010275565569
https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1374194834597150721

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
RLM seem fine for the most part, but that thread populated with abrasive nerds way too old to get mad over superhero movies.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
People get disappointed that he's not All-Star Superman defeating Kryptonian Power Lex Luthor with a gravity gun. Man Of Steel is like, what if he didn't have the gravity gun? What if Lex gave himself Kryptonian powers indefinitely and running out the clock wasn't an option? Those two evil Kryptonians from the same comic who died of space illness, what if they didn't die? I don't want to consider these questions! Show me a Superman free of sin!

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

teagone posted:

I like this idea. Let's plan it for April 2nd... 7 or 8PM Pacific?

I'm game. Been wanting to watch this since BvS and haven't gotten to it yet.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
You could all at least post the best series of takes from that awful thread.

quote:

- Wonder Woman tells a little girl she can be whatever she wants to be, implying she can be a powerful god, which is a blatant lie even when stretching the definition of what "like you" means.

- Flash ogles and touches a young woman's hair, a total stranger, while moving nearly FTL to save her life. He is moving so fast she probably won't even notice, so she is essentially "asleep" here and he is touching a sleeping stranger.

- They all ditch Commissioner Gordan while he's still talking. A nod to the Batman gag, sure, but even Flash points it out to be rude. It is rude! Nod or not, I thought to myself that they couldn't even deign to say "let's go" around him. It's like, they had no reason to do this other than to make Gordon feel less than.

- The collateral damage from WW flexing her shockwave power on the bank dude. One single 0.25 second scene just showing one of those chunks of rocks hitting a bystander on the head, and all good will goes out the window... forever? Thank god THAT didn't happen!

- This is a lesser one, but Aquaman saving that dude out in the ocean, but in a demeaning and humiliating way. Obviously these people are all poor, and my first thought looking at the guy's rust bucket boat was that he probably didn't want to be out there but HAD to. But hey since he didn't "respect the waves" it's okay to look down on poor people.

- It would suck if I needed power to keep, like, a dialysis machine on in my home, but then because Cyborg's nearby and he doesn't want people to take pictures of him, I have to suffer in the dark until he finishes quipping and leaves again.

- "What's your superpower?" "I'm rich!" Entry to godhood requires only a blank check. A very cool and relatable exchange of dialogue that makes me like this character more.

-"How did you get the farm back from the bank?" "I bought the bank!" This is a stilted exchange, but what rubs me the wrong way is how blasé Bruce is about spending his massive wealth just to make his friends happy. Making Superman happy is, as explicitly stated in the final Darkest Timeline scenes, literally the most important thing in the world. Buying a bank could feed millions, or it could make a single god happy. Money well spent I guess!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Honestly? They are all pieces of poo poo. I don't care if it starts a "war". gently caress em. They are irony poisoned idiots.

It's fine to not like a movie but don't make up bullshit to suit your twisted views. It's pathetic.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've seen a few people implying Flash groped Iris or whatever, and I could write off some of them as trying to comedically exaggerate or whatever. But I'm literally watching the scene and he just... doesn't touch her hair. He just exploded his shoes by moving quickly so it's extremely obvious he has to act slowly, and then he literally only touches her to put her hands in a safe position and then turn her shoulders. These people are nuts man.

e: oh weird there are some oddly edited youtube versions of it for some reason! I guess he does briefly touch her hair

Martman fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 23, 2021

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

You could all at least post the best series of takes from that awful thread.
Lol that's the exact post I saw that made me die.

These people have no joy. Lol.

Martman posted:

I've seen a few people implying Flash groped Iris or whatever
If you have to SMG your way to hating the film, what does it say about you. What does it say about how you belittle the act of sexual harassment for internet points.

It's like these people have no concept of human interaction.

Dude moves the hair out of her face slightly because he's smitten by her.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 23, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He didn't even touch her hair in a creepy Joe Biden way. It was more of an extension of his gentleness in handling her when saving her life.

Also lmao at implying that moving at near FTL to save her is rape-like behavior. What was he supposed to do? Move slower and ask for her consent to prevent her from being splattered by the truck?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Barry also has to be like super careful and gentle, moving Iris with almost just his finger tips, so as not to loving vaporize her. Lmao. Look at what happened to his shoes from that amount of speed force induced friction!!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Before the accident happens, she can't even keep her eyes on the road for a bit because she's checking him out right back. They're both young people clearly into each other.

Zack Snyder has made it very clear in his movies when someone is going to commit sexual violence.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I read in an academic paper that hotdogs are a universal constant which is why they didn’t explode when Barry touched them.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

I read in an academic paper that hotdogs are a universal constant which is why they didn’t explode when Barry touched them.
:hmmyes: This would also partially explain Sonic's fixation on chili dogs.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Safety Factor posted:

:hmmyes: This would also partially explain Sonic's fixation on chili dogs.

Hedgehogs poop when they run so

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Beans
Beans
The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you toot
The more you toot
The better you feel
So eat your beans
At every meal

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

2house2fly posted:

People get disappointed that he's not All-Star Superman defeating Kryptonian Power Lex Luthor with a gravity gun. Man Of Steel is like, what if he didn't have the gravity gun? What if Lex gave himself Kryptonian powers indefinitely and running out the clock wasn't an option? Those two evil Kryptonians from the same comic who died of space illness, what if they didn't die? I don't want to consider these questions! Show me a Superman free of sin!

Maybe he's not some Jesus character, maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Mantis42 posted:

Maybe he's not some Jesus character, maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing.

I mean, Jesus is clearly too busy carrying me on a beach to lift a World Engine into space

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Mantis42 posted:

Well even Jesus had laws, are there any moral constraints on this person?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Martman posted:

Isn't it the movie child-Bruce saw with his parents? I was imagining we'd just watch it with him, maybe their heads would be in the frame MST3K style

I was thinking the Kryptonian supercomputer would need to make sure someone got the sweet Excalibur reference it was about to make, so the drone and Cyborg sit down in the techno-dreamscape with their heads in frame MST3K-style.

We'll just have to do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Release the moustache cut